Thais online express concern for "incoherent Western man with 20 baht lying on the sidewalk"

webfact

2 hours ago, bbi1 said:

LOL....probably.

If it was a Thai/Myamar/Caombodian person lying on the sidewalk Thais would just walk by like it's normal. Because it's a falang they took notice and helped him.

Yes, true. They are still in awe of the almighty and rich farang and feel inferior to farangs, but not to Burmese/Cambodian. But with specimens like this, maybe not for long.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, wvavin said:

This is simply a case of dead drunk! If the hospital still could not figure out then send him to his embassy. End of the story.

despite what tv academics may think everyone like this guy need to be evaluated for head injury not to mention tox screen and blood alcohol level.

I imagine he is just another drunken farang, embarrassing the rest of us.  Don't take him to hospital, take him to the local immigration detention and deport him to whatever western country he originates from, marking his passport with, 'Never To Be Allowed To Return'. I despise people like him, they are a disgrace.

4 minutes ago, mikosan said:

I imagine he is just another drunken farang, embarrassing the rest of us.  Don't take him to hospital, take him to the local immigration detention and deport him to whatever western country he originates from, marking his passport with, 'Never To Be Allowed To Return'. I despise people like him, they are a disgrace.

Ah, you are obviously an expert in these things.

4 minutes ago, Jonmarleesco said:

Ah, you are obviously an expert in these things.

As it happens, I have had plenty of experience in dealing with people like this.  What's yours?

Edited by mikosan
Grammatical error

52 minutes ago, mikosan said:

what a truly pathetic comment 5555

He needs a full English breakfast and a strong black coffee, then he'll be right as rain. He needs a bit more than 20 Baht, mind you.

I hope he lives to fight another day. He should make it a priority to up his game and wake up in bed with a cracker next time.

Edited by champers

with only 20 baht in his pocket they did him no favours taking him to hospital where he will now have a security guard at his side until he comes up with funds to pay his hospital bill. Should have walked around him as no doubt he would have woke with as the morning noise level rose and stumbled back to his dwelling. Had my drink spiked once in Pattaya and woke up in hospital minus my shoes but still with my money which was enough to pay my bill.

Feel sorry for the guy, he looks like he went out clean and dressed to have fun some hours earlier, nothing like the average down and out. It's probably as simple a situation as him being plied with tequilas or hard liquor where he's not used to drinking. Even if his drinks were spiked, the most he deserves is a bad hangover... certainly not a fleecing by a local hospital and public embarrassment on social media with all the consequences that entails.

Hopefully the guy manages to avoid getting identified and doesn't lose his job or something. This sort of thing used to be a rite of passage for any youngster, and unless it's regular behaviour, it's pretty cheap to report it in media such as this. 

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Concern was expressed online by Thais for a Western man photographed and video-ed in the Tuk Chai area of Bangkok clearly the worse for wear.

Not so concerned that they didn't take the opportunity to photo/video and post online.

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

No it isnt obvious, otherwise I would not have asked you .

Really?

You can't see why posting videos and photos, and by their actions humiliating the those in the photos/videos to a wider audience, of someone in this manner is contemptible?

You don't see that it is the act of non entity morons, desperate for likes/hits on their posts?

Wow!

Edited by Bluespunk