Being Ignored - Do you say anything?

Neeranam

2 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

When  someone like Joe Cummings or Andrew Biggs speak, Thais understand them.You are fooling yourself if you think otherwise.

I said it before, and I'll say it again. Even highly proficient non-native speakers as the two you cited above encounter the brain freeze/does not compute/huh?what?/ 'I wasn't expectiing you to speak Thai so I wasn't even trying to understand what was coming out of your mouth' phenomena. Send Andrew Biggs an email and ask him yourself if you don't believe me.

Edited by Gecko123

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After saying in a pervious post I have not had any real problems with Thai people understand me or ignoring me, yesterday I just has a very bad and annoying experience on the Telephone with a Thai guy that came across as being so rude I actually put the phone down in him as I got so upset... which is something I have never done before.

Cut a long story short, I called him to ask about something that needed dropping off at my house.  He wanted us to go collect it from the city..  which we could not do.. and the company had agreed to deliver to us.

He spoke good English.. so I gave him directions in English.  Then he said he wanted to speak to a Thai person.  Why?  He said he needed directions from a Thai.  So I gave him direction in Thai.  He simply refused to listen... saying he wanted to me go to a neighbour and bring them around to speak to him.

I was now speaking in Thai only... the conversation was all in Thai. When I asked why he insisted on speaking to a Thai person he told me I could not speak Thai.  I asked him if he was understand me now... he said yes... he had forgotten we were speaking Thai, not English!  So I told him how come he could understand me now?  He just refused to talk to me ,only wanted a Thai.  His manner was very rude... I just told him we would meet him at a place on the main road and put the phone down.  

7 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

After saying in a pervious post I have not had any real problems with Thai people understand me or ignoring me, yesterday I just has a very bad and annoying experience on the Telephone with a Thai guy that came across as being so rude I actually put the phone down in him as I got so upset... which is something I have never done before.

Cut a long story short, I called him to ask about something that needed dropping off at my house.  He wanted us to go collect it from the city..  which we could not do.. and the company had agreed to deliver to us.

He spoke good English.. so I gave him directions in English.  Then he said he wanted to speak to a Thai person.  Why?  He said he needed directions from a Thai.  So I gave him direction in Thai.  He simply refused to listen... saying he wanted to me go to a neighbour and bring them around to speak to him.

I was now speaking in Thai only... the conversation was all in Thai. When I asked why he insisted on speaking to a Thai person he told me I could not speak Thai.  I asked him if he was understand me now... he said yes... he had forgotten we were speaking Thai, not English!  So I told him how come he could understand me now?  He just refused to talk to me ,only wanted a Thai.  His manner was very rude... I just told him we would meet him at a place on the main road and put the phone down.  

I went to an opticians where the boss spoke English, she said where is your wife, I said she is not well at home.......Hmmmmm, I cannot help you today....sad-face.gif.c9802c941511477ac971d9072d8a709c.gif

38 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

I said it before, and I'll say it again. Even highly proficient non-native speakers as the two you cited above encounter the brain freeze/does not compute/huh?what?/ 'I wasn't expectiing you to speak Thai so I wasn't even trying to understand what was coming out of your mouth' phenomena. Send Andrew Biggs an email and ask him yourself if you don't believe me.

This is true. I never have a problem on the telephone but often face to face -  go figure.

4 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Just a PS.

"There are different transliteration systems",  you won a prize! Bottom shelf.

That means not just the one you learned from, and Thailand being Thailand don't take any notice of rules anyway.

I looked at your profile a few days ago (check, it is recorded), which includes all your TV activity.

Catch up with you on another thread sometime.

That's brightened up my day, having a stalker called George FmlesdaCosteedback. lol

What are you asking me to check btw?

1 minute ago, MrPatrickThai said:

Are you going to go back there? That's terrible. 

To be honest she did look into my eyes then sent me on my way...But I was a bit pissed off with only wanting to communicate with a local..But, hey, duck, water, move on....

She obviously has never heard Trans.....love-song-smiley-emoticon.gif.765c958bba18f1feffdd3d475b04ca60.gif

9 minutes ago, transam said:

To be honest she did look into my eyes then sent me on my way...But I was a bit pissed off with only wanting to communicate with a local..But, hey, duck, water, move on....

She obviously has never heard Trans.....love-song-smiley-emoticon.gif.765c958bba18f1feffdd3d475b04ca60.gif

I thought you said in a previous post, another thread, you only sang to those who were well inebriated.

1 hour ago, transam said:

Sure but Gene Kelly also could dance  image.png.c24741dcd68db31a946ab53d3e0f4504.png

6 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

here you find bright people with no education, and the stupid with an expensive education.

I'm fairly sure adults that haven't noticed there are 52 weeks in a year can't be considered 'bright'. 

1 minute ago, JLCrab said:

Why -- you're here too.

Always, except when an angels voice is required elsewhere...:giggle:

But I must admit that a few of those who did like ol' Trans singing memorable stuff have passed on.....:sad:.....Though I will always be available in the wings...:stoner:

This was a topic, at least mostly, about whether a Thai person understands it when a farang speaks Thai but, for you, that was reason enough to make references to your singing and include a few of those insipid singing animated emoticons. Don't you ever tire of it?

Edited by JLCrab

This was a topic, at least mostly, was about whether a Thai person understands it when a farang speaks Thai but, for you, that was reason enough to make references to your singing and include a few of those insipid singing animated emoticons. Don't you ever tire of it?

Chummy, Thai folk like to hear farang songs sung bye me where l reside, understanding my Thai lingo is another thing that l do not give a shit about....Trans is ASKED to sing, that to me is great...I have even learned to sing the English version of "Blue Day"....Yes I made the effort....

Singing is my only hobby now, if it makes folk smile, that makes my day....sarcastic-applause-smiley-emoticon.gif.e39e8550152bb85454972241ce8696db.gif

2 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

I don't care for whom and how you sing -- just that every single topic in which you post is not necessarily relevant to your singing and your stupid emoticons but you seem to think otherwise.

If I remain within forum rules then sit back, move on, ignore, really easy .....

If you were so non-miserable you might find something else to include in every post besides your singing which nobody gets to hear. At least on the motor forums someone can actually ascertain that you maybe know something about cars.

If you were so non-miserable you might find something else to include in every post besides your singing which nobody gets to hear. At least on the motor forums someone can actually ascertain that you maybe know something about cars.

Weeeeell, unfortunately you do not understand my fun side..But that's OK...We are all different in what we read here...But I know I do a really good rendition of this....