'Rude and xenophobic' Gloucester restaurant customers eat entire Thai meal then refuse to pay telling staff to "learn English laws"

webfact

'Rude and xenophobic' restaurant customers eat entire Thai meal then refuse to pay telling staff to "learn English laws"

Staff at the Gloucester restaurant were left almost in tears after the couple refused to pay after eating all their food, even consuming "the decoration flowers"

Mirror.co.uk

A 'rude and xenophobic' couple scoffed down an entire meal at a Thai restaurant and then refused to pay after telling the staff to 'learn English laws'.

Staff at the Bangkok Canteen in Gloucester were left almost in tears after the couple ate all their food , evening consuming "the decoration flowers", but then abused staff when the bill came.

Owner Kittima Manmaunjun said the couple, who appeared to be in their 30s, booked a table at the restaurant for 7pm last night.

Full story: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/rude-xenophobic-restaurant-customers-eat-11474643

-- Mirror 2017-11-07

18 minutes ago, oxo1947 said:

They offered to pay  £60 of the £68.50 bill. ....which is a little different from the Daily Mirror headline--- 

ok, but since when guests are making the prices in a Restaurant?? 
Looking forward meeting scum like this in our Restaurant :D 

19 minutes ago, moskito said:

ok, but since when guests are making the prices in a Restaurant?? 
Looking forward meeting scum like this in our Restaurant :D 

When can I book a table...........:omfg:

PS ..Good luck with the venture...

45 minutes ago, cmsally said:

They did not pay 8 pounds 50p , presumably the cost of the chewy fish cakes.

Then go to the newspapers for that amount !

No. They didn't pay any money and left when the police was called to the restaurant.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Staff at the Bangkok Canteen in Gloucester were left almost in tears

Frankly, they need to toughen up; if these are the first two rude customers they've had to deal with they've been pretty lucky, given that acting badly in foreign restaurants is a bit of an English stereotype:

54 minutes ago, oxo1947 said:

They offered to pay  £60 of the £68.50 bill. ....which is a little different from the Daily Mirror headline--- 

They refused to pay for something they ate in FULL.

And then they absconded without paying anything at all. Old English law says: "you can not eat your cake AND keep it".

2 hours ago, cmsally said:

They did not pay 8 pounds 50p , presumably the cost of the chewy fish cakes.

Then go to the newspapers for that amount !

Here is a quote from the report. 

"The owner then called the police, but as soon as the operator picked up the couple fled without paying any money towards the bill."

This is about common thieves stealing meals from a restaurant. Hope the police soon round them up and charge them.

The only comparison between the countries is the fact that a Thai meal in the UK costing an incredible 68 pounds could be had here for a fraction of the price.

Likely there is a translation problem here. But speakingood xenophobic treatment, I went to a nice local Thai bar/restaurant.  I still speak little Thai but try. I ordered and recievedo a beer. But then asked the waitress to help me with the menus. ...she turned around and left and I could get no service I sat there over an hour....no service. A nice Thai couple sitting near by said to me they were sorry for the treatment I received.  I paid for my beer. And lefthe. 

Odd, just on a whim I returned a few weeks later with a Thai  friend and got immediate service. And the food is very goodd there but I will never go back without a Thai person as they are extremely xenophobic. And yes I have returned solo and was again ignored till I left.

13 minutes ago, robertthesculptor said:

Likely there is a translation problem here. But speakingood xenophobic treatment, I went to a nice local Thai bar/restaurant.  I still speak little Thai but try. I ordered and recievedo a beer. But then asked the waitress to help me with the menus. ...she turned around and left and I could get no service I sat there over an hour....no service. A nice Thai couple sitting near by said to me they were sorry for the treatment I received.  I paid for my beer. And lefthe. 

Odd, just on a whim I returned a few weeks later with a Thai  friend and got immediate service. And the food is very goodd there but I will never go back without a Thai person as they are extremely xenophobic. And yes I have returned solo and was again ignored till I left.

Could be that they just dont like you .

56 minutes ago, robertthesculptor said:

Put your feet up so the soles of your shoes are exposed to the staff, so they get the message.

I never ate at any Thai restaurant in London as the prices were extortionate. In China Town they wanted a pound per satay stick, which would be stupidity to pay, given I could buy at least 12 here for the same price.

22 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Put your feet up so the soles of your shoes are exposed to the staff, so they get the message.

I never ate at any Thai restaurant in London as the prices were extortionate. In China Town they wanted a pound per satay stick, which would be stupidity to pay, given I could buy at least 12 here for the same price.

Quality advice indeed!