Qatar Airways launches Pattaya flights

webfact

Qatar Airways launches Pattaya flights

Qatar Airways announces flights to Pattaya

d5c0eee021e096d7f5f937cdb5f46d47.jpeg

Jomtien Beach in Pattaya. Photo: Tourism Authority of Thailand

Doha-based Qatar Airways recently announced its plan to launch flights between Doha and U-Tapao Rayong-Pattaya International Airport in response to increased customer demand for services to Thailand.

Mr. Yuthasak Supasorn, TAT Governor said, “Qatar Airways is a long-standing partner to Thailand, and we greatly value its commitment to expand direct air services into secondary destinations around the country.

“The new service to Pattaya is Qatar Airways’ route to Thailand. We appreciate such a move, which will certainly help to reinforce the strong ties between Qatar and Thailand.”

His Excellency Mr. Akbar Al Baker, Qatar Airways Group Chief Executive said, “We are delighted to announce the launch of our newest route to Pattaya in Thailand, our fifth route to one of Southeast Asia’s most popular destinations. Thailand is continuing to grow in popularity with our passengers, who love travelling to this beautiful country to enjoy its incredible culture, cuisine and natural scenery.”

The new Doha-Pattaya flights will offer five-star comfort on Boeing 787 Dreamliner aeroplanes, with 22 seats in Business Class and 232 seats in Economy Class. It will be the first Middle Eastern airline to offer flights to and from Pattaya.

The winter timetable for the new flight service (QR828) departs Doha 20:05 and arrives in Pattaya 06:30 (next day) on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. The return flight (QR829) departs Pattaya 07:50 and arrives 11:40 on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

The new service starts on January 28, 2018, and is in addition to the airline’s existing flights with services 35 times a week to Bangkok and 14 times a week to Phuket.

From 1 December, 2017, the airline will also operate a daily flight to Krabi and from 12 December this year it will fly four times a week to Chiang Mai. These two new services will take the airline’s weekly frequency to Thailand to 60 flights a week.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/Travel_log/30330939

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-11-09

I met quite some important people, real VIPs, politicians and even crowned heads but I never ever met a CEO of a commercial enterprise who needed to be addressed with "His Excellency".

The beach picture is equally photoshopped big time; so it seems to be an eye-pleasing article ;-) 

1 hour ago, burgdawg said:

...I hope these flights catch on! Qatar Airlines is onto a good thing!

High season only, December 2017 to March 2018. Testing the market. When I looked at their website, there were some good deals on r/t airfares from U-Tapao to UK via Doha.

5 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

I met quite some important people, real VIPs, politicians and even crowned heads but I never ever met a CEO of a commercial enterprise who needed to be addressed with "His Excellency".

When the CEO of Qatar (the airline) happens to be a member of the royal family of Qatar ( the country), he gets the H.E. handle.

7 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

The beach picture is equally photoshopped big time; so it seems to be an eye-pleasing article ;-) 

And this is bad?

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

It's Pattaya Beach taken from around Beach@Klang, looking north, circa 2011.

...on a Wednesday morning.

...in low season.

9 minutes ago, champers said:

Sometime after May 2014, I think.

Not sure about the date, but that's Akihiro from Osaka with the white hair, Bob and June from Skegness to his right

Edited by sungod

A warning for any punters travelling to Pattaya with their SO's. Keep their mobiles well hidden, or wear gloves!!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/nov/08/qatar-airways-plane-forced-to-land-after-wife-discovers-husbands-affair-midflight

A Qatar Airways plane has been forced to land midflight after a woman who used her sleeping husband’s thumb to unlock his smartphone discovered he was having an affair.

6 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

obviously you've never been to the Middle East. :whistling:

9 hours ago, canopus1969 said:

Why are the angles of the shade made by the trees different from the shade made by the people  :shock1:

illusion, 

the shadow you thought of as being of different angle is off the canopy of another trees that's on the top right, out of frame, the body of the tree happen to be bent enough that it looks like the shadow is cast from the smaller tree in frame

8 hours ago, sungod said:

Not sure about the date, but that's Akihiro from Osaka with the white hair, Bob and June from Skegness to his right

Bob and June split up BTW. June is back at her mum's wherever that is but Bob's still working at Morrisons.

3 hours ago, wpcoe said:

Qatar is one of the more religiously conservative countries in the region. Pattaya is.. anything but.

yawnnnnnn... we know Pattaya is not a country :coffee1:

Edited by Naam