Public questions relevance of PM’s six questions

webfact

By The Nation 

ccf3f58a2157f5e361b94823358d8cac.jpeg

While officials across the country are soliciting answers to Prime Minister Prayut Chanocha’s six politically related questions, people have voiced concerns that they do not have the time to particiฌpate in the exercise because they too busy simply making a living.

On the first day that questions were being accepted yesterday, only four people turned up at the Service Centre across from Government House in Bangkok to respond to the questions.

All four gave similar responses, saying that poliฌtics should involve new politicians and political parties, the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) had a right to support a political party and the NCPO’s work should be credited for the counฌtry’s bright future prospects.

1.jpg

However, a food vendor said the government should focus on tackling economic issues to “return happiness” to the people.

“I don’t think I will take part in this. It won’t matฌter anyway,” Nyaya Kuamsap said. “I’d prefer the government take care of people’s wellbeing. For instance, they should take care of the prices of agriฌcultural products. Then people could be happy.”

2.jpg

A tuktuk driver, Sakchai Kritsanasukon, also said the questions did not really help people who had to work, adding that participating would be a waste of time.

“We don’t have time to do this. We have work to do,” he said. “The government should hold an elecฌtion to allow the people to choose their own leader.”

The reactions came as Damrongtham Complaint Centres and district offices across the country yesterday opened for people who want to respond to the six questions concerning politics and the next election.

3.jpg

While some people indicated that participating would be inconvenient, others showed enthusiasm to participate in politics.

For instance, Sunanta Chiranbamrung, 70, from Phasi Charoen district, registered to answer the questions.

“I believe that these questions were tossed out by the PM for people who have a limited underฌstanding of politics to give them some alternatives. ,” she said. “If General Prayut contests in an elecฌtion, I will choose him.”

Another food vendor, Pichiy Hongto, who works at  near the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration, also said he would register and express his thoughts. He wanted new faces to run the country who could possibly bring new ideas that would move the country forward, he said.

“I still believe in the PM’s capability to run this country,” he added.

In Chiang Mai, Songkhla and Yala, some people showed up at Damrongtham Complaint Centres to respond to the questions.

The public can also still answer the four quesฌtions posed by Prayut at the end of May in addition to the six new ones.

In order to officially respond, people have to provide personal information such as their ID card numbers, names, addresses, telephone numbers, occupations and education levels.

Former prime minister Abhisit Vejjajiva said yesฌterday that such formalities would bar some peoฌple from expressing their thoughts, which was in addition to the fact that the questions were leadฌing. “Will people who think differently have the guts to answer these questions? If they really do express their minds, they could be taken for attiฌtudeadjustment sessions,” Abhisit said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30331531

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-11-14

8 minutes ago, webfact said:

A tuktuk driver, Sakchai Kritsanasukon, also said the questions did not really help people who had to work, adding that participating would be a waste of time.

“We don’t have time to do this. We have work to do,” he said. “The government should hold an elecฌtion to allow the people to choose their own leader.”

I doubt that the Tuk-Tuk driver has a lot of formal education, but he is proof positive that you don't need it to be wise.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

All four gave similar responses, saying that poliฌtics should involve new politicians and political parties, the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) had a right to support a political party and the NCPO’s work should be credited for the counฌtry’s bright future prospects.

There you go then. A clear mandate for a military/military supported party.:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

38 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

Too bad foreigners cant join otherwise Steven100 would be in front of the Service Center 3 days early in a sleeping bag to make sure he is first in line.

One of 5 in my ignore bin

I propose Prayuth have the courage to allow people to respond to the questions online anonymously without having to submit ID details but he's not in the least bit interested in gauging real public opinion. I imagine there would be a deluge vitriol accompanied with hoots of derisive mirth that would send the poor little man-child into an apoplectic rage. 

3 hours ago, webfact said:

On the first day that questions were being accepted yesterday, only four people turned up at the Service Centre across from Government House in Bangkok to respond to the questions.

That would speak volumes to me, but not the beloved PM it seems. Still nice to know 4 of the 10 cronies he asked to turn up actually turned up. 100% rating for him too

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Former prime minister Abhisit Vejjajiva said yesฌterday that such formalities would bar some peoฌple from expressing their thoughts, which was in addition to the fact that the questions were leadฌing. “Will people who think differently have the guts to answer these questions? If they really do express their minds, they could be taken for attiฌtudeadjustment sessions,” Abhisit said.

Abhisit makes the point perfectly clear.  Given the Army's love of holding people for questioning, why would anyone bother to respond ?   Like many said, they do not have time, and they might find interrogations, lectures and being in a locked room less than pleasant.  

5 hours ago, webfact said:

When will the small minded bully-boy learn that he can neither buy nor canvas love? That he does not - or can not - see that the one person to whom these infantile questions are relevant is his ego-craving self is quite scary. Further evidence, if it were needed, how dangerously ignorant of normal ethics and logic this idiot is proving to be. Here's a RELEVANT photo of Mr Big, wanting to know what we all think of his latest line in man-attire . . . what goes on inside this man's head?

lilac suit.jpg

I propose Prayuth have the courage to allow people to respond to the questions online anonymously without having to submit ID details but he's not in the least bit interested in gauging real public opinion. I imagine there would be a deluge vitriol accompanied with hoots of derisive mirth that would send the poor little man-child into an apoplectic rage. 
I like your idea but without a way to make sure that people do t double vote or vote for others some sort of check should be done. How do hou suggest doing that ?

Its so easy to rig online contests and such. So there should be some mechanism, otherwise pro and contra groups could rig it.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

but without a way to make sure that people do t double vote or vote for others some sort of check should be done.

Why would such a count matter - this isn't a referendum, survey or election.

The way Prayut has presented the questions, it seems to me he is asking for answers, not a confirmation to a stated position or positions. So if there's multiple responses giving the same answer (whether from the same number of respondents or from repeated same respondents), they all count essentially as a single response, ie., a single answer.

However, Prayut has "poisoned the well" by requiring identification simultaneously with an answer. That will necessarily narrow the variety of answers due to justified fear of recrimination. Responses should be "blind" and unhindered to repeated responses. The latter might apply to someone who responded, then later thought of additional responses.

This is not a test. There is no score, no pass - fail.

In OZ we have a question on Gay marriage. You can say yes or no to it. Complete waste of tax payers money. That is why we vote for our politicians. If you agree with them or their parties agenda you put your mark down for them; that's what they are being paid for. However some haven't got the moral fortitude to do the right thing.