Bauhaus In Thailand

any progress pictures? I really like this project.

Hi!

I will issue some new pics during Songkran. Things are starting to look very good - paint is on almost all interior walls, half the wood floors has been sanded and polished, doors and windows start to arrive, batthrooms are reaching 50% etc. But - very busy coordinating all thing. I have a break at Songkran to arrange an updated.

Thanks for your interest.

CBDK

Hi again!!

Long time since it was Songkran, but house got a bit delayed!! Always does, doesn't it? Anyway, thus should have finsihed more than 4 months ago, most everything has come to an end and in overall good quality. A few hick ups here and there, put we got through them as well. In overall not to scary to build a house here in Bangkok as long as you are well prepared - I for sure hope it's not gonna be my last!

Enclosed are a few quick shoots and a pdf with many more pictures. When the last interior is ready, I will issue pictures from here as well. As said previously - all design by my self. Only final structure, pipe diagrams and some electrict issues was done by contractor. I'm a commercial interior designer, only did sketches for one house previously - but anyway, I think it turned out okay though garden design has nothing to do with Bauhaus...!

CBDK

post-40699-1188463283_thumb.jpg

post-40699-1188463314_thumb.jpg

post-40699-1188463352_thumb.jpg

post-40699-1188463381_thumb.jpg

post-40699-1188463423_thumb.jpg

post-40699-1188463444_thumb.jpg

Our_house.pdf

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CBDK,

Congrats on completing your new crib...looks very yen.

-O

Thanks - can finally see the end of the tunnel - anyway - look out for interior pics - if I get my contrator to show up for the last work (I bet he does, I owe him money!!).

• 6 months later...

CBDK,

Congrats, nice creative design indeed. Makes me think twice about condo living, but I don't have the patience nor the creativity to come up with something like that! Can't wait for the inside pics :o

Do you have any cost figure (everything from start to finishing the interior, excluding land price of course)? You can PM me if you don't want to post here.

Again, well done.

Thats a lot of money CBDK but I do understand that the quality must be very high

Does that include the land?

Apart from the land what has been your most expensive purchase for the house? I mean was it workmanship or cement or windows?...

Nikkijah :o

If you think that 3.3 million baht is expensive fopr a custom built house of good qlaity and cavity block walls IN Bangkok I think you won't be able to afford to build one yourself.

• 3 weeks later...

never thought about it in terms of bauhaus, but we wanted a clean modern place at the beach, none of the laboured "thai" or bali style things we saw everywhere. this is what we built.

unfortunately the design is proving a little too popular.

Baan_Hin_Ngam.pdf