Today haircuts, tomorrow the treadmill - Pattaya cops told to smarten up their act

snoop1130

I guess this is a start, got to start somewhere?  But until I see it "enforced regularly"  which is the most important word in the dictionary for things here to change it will continue to besmoke and mirrors. 

Personal appearance isn't  the most important factor,  you got to start from the Academy if there is any and educate them what their actual job is and the understand of the law of Thailand.  Then of course the corruption are they willing to serve the people instead of serving themselves.

These words come from the man himself a number of years back on one of his Birthday speeches before he was gone.

They wouldn't look so out of shape if their uniforms weren't so skin tight.   They look like they were designed to be ripped off during a Chippendales-type performance.  They must be so uncomfortable to wear, not to mention the long sleeves and long pants.

"smarten up their act"

Ahhh, the British meaning of "smart"--looks, not intelligence.

I thought for a minute they were being told they can't depend on Corruption forever.

Don't worry, there's an almost UNLIMITED supply of stupid people willing to come to Pattaya. 

Edited by Rimmer
Off topic content removed

On 11/21/2017 at 5:52 AM, balo said:

It will all be forgotten when the boat show is over. This was just a 2 week show to show the world we are Thailand and we are on top of the world......

Boat show thats a joke its a look at us we are world laeder and defenders with our latest up to date Chinese crap sorry I meant vessels.

4 hours ago, Redline said:

Start firing and prosecuting them!  Oh, and tell them to enforce the laws 24 hours a days 7 days a week.  Come on, time to grow up

Many years ago there was a song out called " Ego is not a dirty word"  Here the cops sing "Corruption is not  a dirty word"

Pity they didn’t use the other meaning of “smarten up their act” and stop raking in billions in graft, bribes and just downright incompetence, when carrying out their duties. 

Still, it’s easier to have a haircut, than change the habits of a lifetime. :coffee1:

37 minutes ago, khundon said:

Still, it’s easier to have a haircut, than change the habits of a lifetime. :coffee1:

Our posters in this thread have ignored or greatly underestimated the difficulty of getting a good haircut in Pattaya. Been often discussed in the Pattaya forum.