What Did You Do to Your Bike Today ?

canthai55

Give my my bike TLC with Johnson polish. 

Lots of rain so abort to today's ride. 

Still waiting for my end piece noicey muffler for my existing box. 

I like the look of the later Akapok exhaust boxes on sale and they come with a silencer attachment  piece. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Thank you....you must one in a million looking to make their ICE quieter!!!

Yeah the after market box has baffle but it is still a straight through design.

The engine tick over is quieter but revs are still loud but a little better. 

I'm going to buy a later style Akapok' box that has a ditachacable silencer piece and see if that will tone my Mia noi down a bit. ????

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Yeah the after market box has baffle but it is still a straight through design.

The engine tick over is quieter but revs are still loud but a little better. 

I'm going to buy a later style Akapok' box that has a ditachacable silencer piece and see if that will tone my Mia noi down a bit. ????

Mind...... bikes can't hold a candle to the tuk-tuks on our soi.......Cod knows how they make them so loud.

Edited by Will B Good

On 9/12/2021 at 12:11 PM, VocalNeal said:

Plastic bits all back on. Cunning little design devils find sneaky places for fasteners! 

knwoing damn well they will  break so you  have to replace an entire piece, I hate those  fasteners,  gimme a  screw/bolt etc side  panels  on the honda held  on with velcro fer gawds  sake, already unstuck off the tank  from new with age

Edited by Rampant Rabbit

22 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Put silencer in existing exhaust box it's a bit quiet but not that much.

IMG_20210918_124132.thumb.jpg.88c85569ef306cbe6f69405344fdd2b2.jpg

If you want to quieten it down a bit more get a kitchen fire blanket and cut that up and wrap it round the baffle

Edited by Neilly

3 minutes ago, Neilly said:

If you want to quieten it down a bit more get a kitchen fire blanket and cut that up and wrap it round the baffle

The baffle is only about 125mm long and it is marginally better, as I said I saw some nice looking up to date silencer boxes in Lazada and will get one of them next month for 2 year anniversary. ????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Changed the end box for a better aesthetic look similar noise level with the baffle piece so all good. 

IMG_20210925_122428.thumb.jpg.44ccaf96f522fb1d4cf9a9f3364d6990.jpg

Quite impressed with the quality of this exhaust I guess time will tell on how long it will stay looking good. 

At end of the day cheap enough to buy another anyhow.

• Like 1

Going solar at the house, so electric scooter is the practical choice, for my daily rides around town.  Keeping the fossil burner for road trips, as scooter will only have about 100 km range, and more than I want to be on a scooter at one time anyway.

If I'm going further than that, I'm taking half the house with me anyway.  Scooter will cover my daily walks at the park & surf side with the dog a couple times a day.  Doubtful, but maybe I'll be able to sneak up on them birds with my camera ????

Khun_LA

Edited by KhunLA

1 hour ago, seedy said:

Renew 2013 PCX insurance. Change companies. Still first class.

Every once in awhile it pays to switch insurance companies…amazing how much cheaper a new company will be to snipe a customer from a competitor.

In Canada I switched vehicle insurance about every three years….we’d all like to think we would get rested better if we stayed with same company forever but doesn’t seem to work that way.

The Blade was tested today 840 baht for test, road disc & CTPL.

The sensor probe they stick down the exhaust was reading good seems I've tuned the Carbs and got them as best you can.

The exhaust noise was on the high side, so I said high but OK, he said yes so I guess it's all good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not my bike but my blade scoot yesterday plodding along at usual 30 kph one of those large monitor lizards if that's what there call came suddenly from the left and crashed into the back of my front wheel immediately causing left opposite steer putting the bike down on its off side, me with it, sliding off road down side of the road into grass. Ouch. ????

1633499641193186967993.thumb.jpg.9c7dfe1f67a067909cdfa40e3d01b8a4.jpg