What Did You Do to Your Bike Today ?

canthai55

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

New seat cover, will get the rear hand grip resprayed, tighten up some fairing body rattles and that it,  will just ride it from time to time.

185159078_485003566148035_6276237788060833230_n.jpg.c9a1c85616d34b2c3b2cff5098942144.jpg

Is that a Honda Goldwing?

• Haha 1

Bought this db killer from China on Lazada, 10 days c.o.d. Jammed it in the end of my aftermarket can (cb600 Hornet) and dropped the decibels from 98 to 92 and passed inspection without the drama it required last year.

Since I just wedged it in with two philips head wood screws, I can pop it out easily. Having the can opened up and rewrapped last year only dropped the sound from 99 to 98.

92 db sounds good and doesn’t seem to affect high rev acceleration. Also seemed to reduce the “d#$@ hooligan” looks, which is probably good at my age! ???? ????

831B07AB-A630-4E69-B76D-C205F09898B7.jpeg

It’s the longer version, of course. 140Bt.

Edited by Kwarium
Add details
  • Like 2

Made a big investment to try H4 LED for the main cb600 headlight. Top half lights for low beams, and both top and bottom light for high beam. Will need to go for a ride at night. Geez, probably gonna affect my bedtime!

btw-ships from BKK in 4 days. I paid 99 Bt, but most of what I buy on Lazada goes on sale shortly after!

09A30DCA-8095-46BF-8140-4EC3CEF03333.png

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Kwarium said:

Bought this db killer from China on Lazada, 10 days c.o.d. Jammed it in the end of my aftermarket can (cb600 Hornet) and dropped the decibels from 98 to 92 and passed inspection without the drama it required last year.

Since I just wedged it in with two philips head wood screws, I can pop it out easily. Having the can opened up and rewrapped last year only dropped the sound from 99 to 98.

92 db sounds good and doesn’t seem to affect high rev acceleration. Also seemed to reduce the “d#$@ hooligan” looks, which is probably good at my age! ???? ????

831B07AB-A630-4E69-B76D-C205F09898B7.jpeg

It’s the longer version, of course. 140Bt.

Where do they do noise DB check outs, our local inspection station only stick a long stick sensor thingy down my bikes after market exhaust box and check the brake lights. ??? 

Where do they do noise DB check outs, our local inspection station only stick a long stick sensor thingy down my bikes after market exhaust box and check the brake lights. ??? 

Really? Mine (Udon sticks) does engine noise next to the carbs, and exhaust noise 50 cm back and offset 45 degrees. 99 and over flunks. Cops in town are also known to do frequent db checks. 

Also uses the long exhaust gas probe which checks for pollution. Couldn’t get it in past the db killer though! 

This place also flunked my Wave for not having the passenger grab bar on., so maybe quirky?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kwarium said:

Really? Mine (Udon sticks) does engine noise next to the carbs, and exhaust noise 50 cm back and offset 45 degrees. 99 and over flunks. Cops in town are also known to do frequent db checks. 

Also uses the long exhaust gas probe which checks for pollution. Couldn’t get it in past the db killer though! 

This place also flunked my Wave for not having the passenger grab bar on., so maybe quirky?

As always TiT depends where you live, sounds like you should do a trip somewhere else to do a yearly inspection take a copy of the report you give to DLT and carry the inspection pass with you. 

As always TiT depends where you live, sounds like you should do a trip somewhere else to do a yearly inspection take a copy of the report you give to DLT and carry the inspection pass with you. 

Wait, it already passed inspection without drama.

Last year we had a long discussion about the rpm he was testing at, and In the end, it passed, barely. The inspection station is connected to the dlt database and they enter results along with a photo of the bike and plate directly. Then they take my book to the dlt and pay the road tax for me.

As far as the coppers doing spot checks, it’s not going to be affected  by whether the bike ever passed inspection or not, so no documentation needed other than road tax.

My experience with 6 or 8 inspection stations over the years (Bangkok and Udon) is that they are pretty much ‘by the book’ and very professional. Pretty sure they would lose their license if not. I have 5 vehicles taxed annually over 20 years.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, papa al said:

So you bought already built replacement wheels,

or re-laced old hubs?

Complete wheels, rims, hubs and spokes...the wheel bearings were supplied separately and I fitted them myself

• Like 2

Yesty riding the mighty Lifan d/s back from brunch,

notice the from tire ride feeling a bit squishy.

Popped into mech and needed new tube;

split at valve stem.

B300. + 30psi and

back to the adventure ...

????

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Randell said:

high % factor of Lumens I am sure would make a lot of difference 

The old bulbs (wire filament) where extremely dim,constantly blowing and a pain to get to to change  the LED's are a huge improvement  though I haven't tested them on a night drive yet  there's no way they can't be better than what I had before.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/h4-ba20d-p15d-motorcycle-headlight-lamp-cob-led-2000lm-super-bright-autobike-fog-lamp-6000k-hilo-beam-light-16w-i1623060945-s4459876867.html

• Like 1

Ran the Blade today checking the plugs again for mixture check will have to wait. 

Going by ear and performance it's perfect ????.

Question anyone here into tect and know what kinda reading these annual inspection station take when they stick the sensor thingy down the exhaust.  ???

What is a bad reading and a good reading because does it register rich or weak mixture accurately. ??

9 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

what kinda reading these annual inspection station take when they stick the sensor thingy down the exhaust.  ???

They tested my 2 smoker   with oil dripping out the tail pipe  it passed no problem !

as long as there are no plumes of smoke billowing out  it will probably pass an annual inspection at one of the testing centers.. DLT may be a bit more strict

there could be  a "grandfather clause" like they use in the UK  whereby  older vehicles only have to meet the emissions standards in force at the time they where manufactured ?

39 minutes ago, johng said:

They tested my 2 smoker   with oil dripping out the tail pipe  it passed no problem !

as long as there are no plumes of smoke billowing out  it will probably pass an annual inspection at one of the testing centers.. DLT may be a bit more strict

there could be  a "grandfather clause" like they use in the UK  whereby  older vehicles only have to meet the emissions standards in force at the time they where manufactured ?

Yeah I guess I asked a stupid question and what you say going to the 1 year inspection stations is not a problem they just want the money.

I don't know if you have ever been to have a test at a DLT but I have getting my bike all up and running, everything working I took it to our local DTL and all he did was check the frame and engine numbers, the only difference was the time it it took. ????????

1 hour ago, canthai55 said:

Changed the front brake rotor due to warping on my CRF

CB500X - 1700 THB

Interesting never come across warping it was always a dropped situation that seemed to cause it. 

We're they after market ones that warped. ?

6 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Interesting never come across warping it was always a dropped situation that seemed to cause it. 

We're they after market ones that warped. ?

Was the stocker on the wheels when I bought them.

It was never true - always give a little pulse when you make an application.

Just got to the point that I was tired of it, so new one.

• Like 2

On 5/28/2021 at 4:11 PM, johng said:

The old bulbs (wire filament) where extremely dim,constantly blowing and a pain to get to to change  the LED's are a huge improvement  though I haven't tested them on a night drive yet  there's no way they can't be better than what I had before.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/h4-ba20d-p15d-motorcycle-headlight-lamp-cob-led-2000lm-super-bright-autobike-fog-lamp-6000k-hilo-beam-light-16w-i1623060945-s4459876867.html

"I have seen the light."

Inspired, papa ran ceeber over to shop last week &

had them stick in a couple them LED lamps. 

While open, had them install new air & fuel filter,

& new rubber fuel lines.

760baht total.

Tested with some night-riding last.

Mobedda fur sure. 

Will take Lifan over today.

• Like 2