What Did You Do to Your Bike Today ?

canthai55

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Phayao to get the valves adjusted?

Will do sometime next year I have 2 cam cover gaskets as spares.

I have bought the inner clutch bearing which I want replaced to if don't get around to doing it myself.

Took the YNSX for new tires today.

Mich City Pro.

Replacing 6-y/o tires.

Kinda tricky as needed to transfer 

Dynabeads to new.

Tires were made in Serbia.

B2300.

iMoto.

Edited by papa al

I cleaned cat pee or whatever that disgusting liquid is that comes out of the ass-end of a cat is.  It managed to crawl through a tangle of bungie cords to get under the cover, leaving me a stained seat and paw prints on my side covers.  I just had the bike cleaned/detailed at Sumo Bike Wash too (great service btw).  Any suggestions on how to keep the offending feline away would be welcome (I considered rodent glue traps on the seat but I worry that it will get stuck to the bike..... along with the cat)

On the tech side I sanded the front brake rotors on my Versys 1000 after getting glazing again.  If I can source EBC HH pads here in Thailand or get them shipped from the US I'll swap out the original, likely organic Kawa pads even though the bike only has 10K km on the clock.

On 1/9/2022 at 4:59 PM, pseudorabies said:

I cleaned cat pee or whatever that disgusting liquid is that comes out of the ass-end of a cat is.  It managed to crawl through a tangle of bungie cords to get under the cover, leaving me a stained seat and paw prints on my side covers.  I just had the bike cleaned/detailed at Sumo Bike Wash too (great service btw).  Any suggestions on how to keep the offending feline away would be welcome (I considered rodent glue traps on the seat but I worry that it will get stuck to the bike..... along with the cat)

On the tech side I sanded the front brake rotors on my Versys 1000 after getting glazing again.  If I can source EBC HH pads here in Thailand or get them shipped from the US I'll swap out the original, likely organic Kawa pads even though the bike only has 10K km on the clock.

You sure your caliber piston's haven't got dirty and the OEM pads are rubbing at times. 

Never had trouble with OEM pads on my Versys 650.

The rear brake disc on my Blade was shinning up I knew what it was straight away.

Got some new rear brake disc from a Lazada supplier.

On 12/2/2017 at 4:34 PM, papa al said:

'09 Yamaha,

Ol' Sparky135 began running poorly at higher power setting.

Embarrassing when pulling out across traffic.!!

Figured carb or air-filter.

Took to shop for new air-filter, oi, & oi-filter.

Service: chain, centre- and side-stands.

Mechanic test ride.

Good to go.

could be rubber belt getting slack   500 baht fitted

16 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

You sure your caliber piston's haven't got dirty and the OEM pads are rubbing at times. 

The rear brake disc on my Blade was shinning up I knew what it was straight away.

I never had problems on my V650 either.  My ZRX and Sprint yes but only occasionally.  It might have something to do with riding 2-up fully loaded with luggage.  The first time it responded to sanding.  I managed to find an amazon supplier that sells the EBC sintered pads and will ship to Thailand so I'm waiting for them to arrive.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, papa al said:

Yamaha Spark135 is chain drive.

OK   should have looked    got 135 Neuvo

Click 150i are popular,like the step thru too,about 165 new I guess,year or two old come down to 142 or thereabouts. No way I'm buying new,no idea how long in TH,and selling no price drops or actually selling,same bikes I'm seeing been on market for year or two

Recently looked up 2016 model 125 Click for 8000  clean looking,  prob 110 would be cheaper,the newer Clicks have beefier looking  body panels tho,but Clicks a Click and rebore to 150,piston /rings about 7000,springs cheap enough

Probably go that way,can dump it if I leave,no great loss,like the Yammy

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Re-reading this; stuck pistons is a possibility as I've ridden on some dirt roads and had to traverse a stream or two (Google maps problem). Thanks. On my next ride I'll check the rotors for excessive heat. I'll also do what I can to get the techs to clean the pistons before pushing them back into the caliper when they install the EBC's. I give them a 25% chance of doing it right.

53 minutes ago, pseudorabies said:

Re-reading this; stuck pistons is a possibility as I've ridden on some dirt roads and had to traverse a stream or two (Google maps problem). Thanks. On my next ride I'll check the rotors for excessive heat. I'll also do what I can to get the techs to clean the pistons before pushing them back into the caliper when they install the EBC's. I give them a 25% chance of doing it right.

There can be a sticky dirt build up on caliper pistons, it is always a good idea and should be part of a servicing check to see how clean the caliper pistons are between brake pad & caliper.

A screwdriver test just gently pushing back the caliper pistons a touch will indicate smoothness of movement of the pistons.

On 1/9/2022 at 4:59 PM, pseudorabies said:

I cleaned cat pee or whatever that disgusting liquid is that comes out of the ass-end of a cat is. ... Any suggestions on how to keep the offending feline away would be welcome

On the first bit re: "... disgusting liquid is that comes out of the ass-end of a cat ..."

Tie a dog to your bike. (Or maybe a motion sensor alarm ... would scare the bejeezuz and more outta your feline friend!)

On the EBC pads: order direct in Thailand

• Thanks 1

Out Saty, and a flat on the front tire of the mighty Lifan.

Took to a little shop where they replaced the 21" tube.

Old tube failed at junction of stem.

While the mech was remounting the tire,

papa held the handle bar steady   &

foolishly activated the front brake lever,

causing the calipers to close

and had to pry open w/ screwdriver.

Also the master cylinder plunger got stuck in closed position so

had to ride home on rear brake only.

Took to fav shop this AM and they installed a rebuild kit.

Topped-up rear fluid also.

p&l. ... B180.

Edited by papa al
  • Like 1

Took  KTM Duke200 in for service.

Brought in 1.3 l Amsoil 10w40 m/c oil.

Oil, air, and fuel filters.

Had them delta coolant. 2016.

Oil change was complicated by aftermarket skid plate.

Drained oil looked pretty good, 8Kkm.

Labor B360.

Tip B140.

Turns out that the Lazada fuel filter was wrong.

Having no luck finding correct one.