A Vision of Pattaya 10 Years From Now....Is this really what it will be like?

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, KittenKong said:

I'm afraid that Mr Cheeseman lost me when he mentioned the "well-behaved Chinese and Indian tourists that the Thais like".

They are much better behaved than the trashy farangs living or visiting Pattaya. They are not pedophiles, sexpats, criminals or conmen.

1 hour ago, dotpoom said:

Is this information useful to people who live in the....."now"?

Only to others selling real estate... after all the salesman mantra. 

"Something to tell, something to sell. " right beside "a sucker born every minute".

Edited by Curmudgeon1
Spelling

1 hour ago, csmith said:

This is an advert .… right?

Yeah, like those informercials you see after midnight on tv.

Alas, I think he's serious, judging by the real estate agency mini-ad in the bottom right-hand corner.

Edited by blazes

23 minutes ago, gamini said:

They are much better behaved than the trashy farangs living or visiting Pattaya. They are not pedophiles, sexpats, criminals or conmen.

Neither am I, yet here I am.

In many ways they are all similar. However I rarely see four trashy farang tourists sharing one hotel room, one glass of beer and one hooker. And I also rarely see trashy farang tourists spitting all over the place, and barging past queues.

Maybe I just dont get out enough.

3 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Neither am I, yet here I am.

In many ways they are all similar. However I rarely see four trashy farang tourists sharing one hotel room, one glass of beer and one hooker. And I also rarely see trashy farang tourists spitting all over the place, and barging past queues.

Maybe I just dont get out enough.

You forgot two more things.

The most disgusting people to be near in a restaurant.

Also taking a shit on beach road.

Edited by stanleycoin

Posters may be interested to know that Mr Cheeseman is the co-founder and director of Choice Group Asia Media Group, which itself owns various media companies like Pattaya Channel TV, Inspire Digital Media and .... ThaiVisa.

It should be fairly obvious to anyone who looks at any local media in Pattaya that the property industry is a major advertiser across the board, so it's not surprising that he should be interested in property-related events and trends.

5 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Or the Chinese father letting his kid s**t on the footpath outside a popular mall.......quality indeed.

There are so many replies on this thread that I could respond to as I fully understand what each and every one means, when I first moved here I had no option ( due to to the feed provided by the landlord) but to watch the crap churned out by a particular channel - the one with an hour of infomercials thinly disguised as news.

Now after 6 years and an Android box and an ISP & a reasonable cable provider I'm more than happy.

I was just thinking yesterday, I first came here ten years ago. It was just before Central Festival Shopping Mall opened. I'm struggling to think of other major changes, so in ten years ? ? the condo building to saturation levels will continue-like the flooding.

19 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Desperately pushing property.get in now,as Pattaya is going to be the Riviera of the East.

that sort of thing, on the flip side it could be an even bigger shit hole,take your choice.

regards worgeordie

Get in now... if the dream is to be achieved they are going to need to knock most of them down , or build a new town somewhere else north of here and call that Pattaya. Knocking the current one down or renaming it. I live here, out of town, and think 90%of the place is a dump in need of bulldozing.

Yes a rather unsubtle attempt to get people to buy property here, surely I need a 27sqm rat-hole in the Waterfront!