paypal - help

If she connects her bankcard to her PayPal account (in the app) then she can withdraw the money in her bank or upload it to the bankaccount.

But a fee will probably be deducted; don't know how much.

Edited by LaoPo

I'm guessing she has not setup her PayPal account yet....just got an email from Paypal she has money from you....use a link to get it/get PayPal.    Maybe send her some webpage links on how to setup & study.  

From US PayPal website...English language

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/how-paypal-works/how-to-setup-account

From Thai PayPal website...Thai language

https://www.paypal.com/th/webapps/mpp/account-selection?locale.x=th_TH

https://www.paypal.com/th/webapps/mpp/account-selection?locale.x=en_TH

Edited by Pib

7 minutes ago, fanjita said:

PayPal has a terrible exchange rate. 

Not only that....they're also "robbing" very high fees from sellers; like a banker friend always said..."banks are legalised Maffia" and PP is no exception.

And, if there's a dispute, they go and sit on the money for many months and nothing you can do during their ongoing "investigation".

12 minutes ago, fanjita said:

Erm, you can't.

You can send to a person's email address even if they that person does not have a PayPal account yet.   The person receives instructions on how to open/setup a PayPal account so the funds can be credited to their new PayPal account.  See below from PayPal website.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/how-do-i-send-money-faq1684/2

How do I send money?

With PayPal, you can send money to anyone with an email address or mobile number.

Here’s how to send money:

1. Click Send & Request at the top of the page.
  2. Select from the 3 options.*
  3. Enter the email address or mobile number to whom you are sending money.
  4. Enter the amount you want to send and click Continue.
  5. Review and confirm the information on the screen and click Send Money Now.
*If you're buying something, select Pay for goods and services. If you're sending money to a friend or family member, pick Send to friends and family in the US or Send to friends and family internationally.

We’ll send the recipient an email to let them know that you sent them money. If they don’t have a PayPal account, we'll explain how to sign up for one. PayPal members must confirm their email address before the money can be credited to their PayPal account.

Once you send money, you are not able to cancel or reverse the transaction. Please check the details of this transaction carefully.

7 minutes ago, LaoPo said:

Not only that....they're also "robbing" very high fees from sellers; like a banker friend always said..."banks are legalised Maffia" and PP is no exception.

And, if there's a dispute, they go and sit on the money for many months and nothing you can do during their ongoing "investigation".

I utilised their services in the early days but that's long gone.  

Foreign exchange account now and serves the purpose with little or no fees. 

2 minutes ago, fanjita said:

I utilised their services in the early days but that's long gone.  

Foreign exchange account now and serves the purpose with little or no fees. 

Example:

Many hundreds of millions of small time sellers in Asia wo sell and export to the western world have to use PayPal since there's no other fast service between Asia and the western world...yet.

They are automatically facing high fees from PP. 

International banking is no option and too complicated the same with CC's.

But....PP and banks are facing a few fast upcoming paying systems like Alipay and WeChat Wallet wo have already hundreds of millions of users and the fees are very low so PP/Banks: watch your rear.

Both Alipay and WeChat Wallet are already preparing for entering the western markets and paying via mobile phones will be the norm, all over the world, in 2-3 years from now.

25 minutes ago, Pib said:

You can send to a person's email address even if they that person does not have a PayPal account yet.   The person receives instructions on how to open/setup a PayPal account so the funds can be credited to their new PayPal account.  See below from PayPal website.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/how-do-i-send-money-faq1684/2

How do I send money?

With PayPal, you can send money to anyone with an email address or mobile number.

Here’s how to send money:

1. Click Send & Request at the top of the page.
  2. Select from the 3 options.*
  3. Enter the email address or mobile number to whom you are sending money.
  4. Enter the amount you want to send and click Continue.
  5. Review and confirm the information on the screen and click Send Money Now.
*If you're buying something, select Pay for goods and services. If you're sending money to a friend or family member, pick Send to friends and family in the US or Send to friends and family internationally.

We’ll send the recipient an email to let them know that you sent them money. If they don’t have a PayPal account, we'll explain how to sign up for one. PayPal members must confirm their email address before the money can be credited to their PayPal account.

Once you send money, you are not able to cancel or reverse the transaction. Please check the details of this transaction carefully.

But if your friend wants to have this money on her bank account, she has to link her bank account with Paypal. You can use Kaspersky, it will automatically send you on a safe side. Then PP will deduct a little sum and you'll have to find the 4 digit number PP sends you that you need to link your bankbook with. 

Edited by jenny2017

17 minutes ago, LaoPo said:

Example:

Many hundreds of millions of small time sellers in Asia wo sell and export to the western world have to use PayPal since there's no other fast service between Asia and the western world...yet.

They are automatically facing high fees from PP. 

International banking is no option and too complicated the same with CC's.

But....PP and banks are facing a few fast upcoming paying systems like Alipay and WeChat Wallet wo have already hundreds of millions of users and the fees are very low so PP/Banks: watch your rear.

Both Alipay and WeChat Wallet are already preparing for entering the western markets and paying via mobile phones will be the norm, all over the world, in 2-3 years from now.

I've just started using PP but I haven't had to pay a lot of money for a transaction. It's easy to pay for an item on Ebay, or top up your Skype

Edited by jenny2017

25 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

I've just started using PP but I haven't had to pay a lot of money for a transaction. It's easy to pay for an item on Ebay, or top up your Skype

Oh sure, for buyers PP is fine, not so for sellers...and I agree, it's very easy to pay with PP, whether on eBay, Etsy or any other worldwide sales platform.

The buyer is KING..the seller is a milk cow for PP that is.

59 minutes ago, LaoPo said:

Oh sure, for buyers PP is fine, not so for sellers...and I agree, it's very easy to pay with PP, whether on eBay, Etsy or any other worldwide sales platform.

The buyer is KING..the seller is a milk cow for PP that is.

Agree with that.

I used PP for the 1st time a couple of months back, although I had set it up a few years ago and already had my UK bank verified. Sold some airmiles to a US contact with the payment options being either PP or a USD cheque. So PP only real option. When the money reached my PP account I was hit with a 4% charge. Then the credit was held for 21 days (reduced to 14 days, since no goods were involved) as I had no history. I had to convert to GBP being a UK account - at a rubbish exchange rate. Then, after the 14 days there was a further delay of 3 days before the money hit my UK bank account - for 'my security' per PP. I complained to PP at each delay, but obviously got nowhere.

So would be good to have competition.

14 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

thanks,   but she needs money to pay hospital,  she needs the cash.

also can you explain this " kaspersky "  does she need download it ?

13 hours ago, dabhand said:

Agree with that.

I used PP for the 1st time a couple of months back, although I had set it up a few years ago and already had my UK bank verified. Sold some airmiles to a US contact with the payment options being either PP or a USD cheque. So PP only real option. When the money reached my PP account I was hit with a 4% charge. Then the credit was held for 21 days (reduced to 14 days, since no goods were involved) as I had no history. I had to convert to GBP being a UK account - at a rubbish exchange rate. Then, after the 14 days there was a further delay of 3 days before the money hit my UK bank account - for 'my security' per PP. I complained to PP at each delay, but obviously got nowhere.

So would be good to have competition.

So you've met the practices of the "legalised bank maffia" as well....:sad:

15 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

Correct; most buyers do not pay any PP fees or very small.

The fees are charged to the sellers....and they're charged anywhere from 3-5.5% per transaction, depending on the total value.

and that's a LOT for small and large companies and influences the buying price for the end buyer dramatically.

3-5.5% of gross price is very high!

But PP will face very serious competition in a very short time from now.

15 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Terrible describes it. Execrable does too. And abysmal.

Does anyone know of a more expensive way of sending cash across borders than by PayPal? I dont.

Bank-to-Bank abroad, or Western Union, or Post Office to Post office abroad or TransferWise*

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/transferwise/the-cheapest-way-to-send-money-abroad/

• 1 month later...

Adding a Phone number to your Paypal profile

Paypals latest rules resulted in me having to provide a fair amount of pers details before being able to conduct an otherwise perfectly normal domestic transaction in UK recently. I eventually succeeded but as yet have NOT been able to add my phone number because their system doesn't allow for non UK numbers/thinks I have made a mistake! My PP a/c is tied to my UK current a/c at my UK address. Halifax (Uk bank) DO accept my Thai mobile and have sent several SMSs over the years. My questions therefore are:

- How do I successfully enter my mobile no &

- Will Paypal kick anyone off on 18 Jan-ish when their latest rules apply if I still haven't done it?

I have used PP for ebay purchases etc for more than a decade & have never needed to tie a phone number to it until now.

Edited by evadgib