Tourists warned to respect Thai culture - two who showed their butts at Wat Arun arrested

webfact

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's incredible for me to read the  kind of punishment so many   TVF members seem to want for the two fellows.

Is that because of the act itself which  has been  common since the  70's (steaking or mooning), or is it homophobia?  Or is it a genuinely  misplaced respect of Thai culture and  its inherent hypocrisy?

Yeah stake them to the ground and let ants devour them.     But be sure to video it and put it on youtube.

Some kind of goofy guys on this forum..

14 hours ago, kingkenny said:

Hypocrisy of the highest order.

As stupid as these queers are for doing this arresting them is ludicrous, it will be interesting to see the charge. This is more of a knee jerk reaction from the authorities.

Travelling outside your own comfort zone requires a little bit of thinking.

If they did this in the Middle East they wouldn't have an arse left between them for flogging.

54 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

It's incredible for me to read the  kind of punishment so many   TVF members seem to want for the two fellows.

Is that because of the act itself which  has been  common since the  70's (steaking or mooning), or is it homophobia?  Or is it a genuinely  misplaced respect of Thai culture and  its inherent hypocrisy?

Yeah stake them to the ground and let ants devour them.     But be sure to video it and put it on youtube.

Some kind of goofy guys on this forum..

It's totally about homophobia. 

An explication, if I dare say, I have read on Yahoo US

The Dasilvas have a history of posting photos of their buttocks in front of famous sites around the world. The self-proclaimed “travel junkies” from California maintain an Instagram account called Travelling_Butts where they post their exposed photos.:blink:

4 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

An explication, if I dare say, I have read on Yahoo US

The Dasilvas have a history of posting photos of their buttocks in front of famous sites around the world. The self-proclaimed “travel junkies” from California maintain an Instagram account called Travelling_Butts where they post their exposed photos.:blink:

Many westerners think Thailand is a liberal country. They learned the hard way about that. But lynching and long prison terms? Insanity. 

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Then you haven't read the thread. It's infected with anti-gay HATE SPEECH. 

It really isnt, you are being a professional minority person and blaming any criticism of what one of your minority does and being some ism or phobic 

6 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

"Mooning" is exactly what they were doing. A popular activity for rugby clubs and stag parties everywhere. Stupid, disrespectful but hardly the crime of the century!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

disagree... 'mooning' is bending over usually 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mooning

they are just showing their arse to their gay mates as a 'symbol' not related to 'mooning' at all

a day in jail and a smack on the wrists is all that's required no need for overkill just two stupid dudes but, it's obvious, they are making a gay statement and the deniers... just deny. I could not give a s**t if they are gay or not what they did was disrespectful and they deserve a minor slap as would anyone doing such a moronic thing.

4 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Showing your arse is just that, showing your arse. 

Its idiotic, stupid and for many offensive. 

However it is not an indicator of sexual orientation. 

Very True.  If two straight men did the same thing they should be punished equally.  The indicator of these two lowlifes sexual orientation is the fact that they are married to each other.  They are not idiots because they are gay, they are just gay idiots.

15 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Typical of homophobes to be totally obsessed with man on man anal sex. It's almost funny if it wasn't so hateful. 

Not just homophobia.

There is a very obvious sadomasochismic trend in many of the posts - not just in this thread, but others too.

Seems that some of our members are getting very worked up about "caning bare bottoms", "big black man jail-rape",  and such.

Makes one wonder what they are trying to hide.

6 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

, "big black man jail-rape",  and such.

Makes one wonder what they are trying to hide.

I did write that and , if you had read all the posts in the thread, you would have seen that I explained that I was being humorous .

Satire on the .......just read the thread where I have previously explained , its late and I cannot be bother to re write

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Nope. 

Their actions were idiotic. 

Nothing to do with sexual orientation. 

Idiots are idiotic because they are idiots. 

Its to  do with the body parts that they put on display.

Its rather like a males chest and females breasts.

Homosexuals view other mens bottom the same way that straight men view females breasts

They were putting their sexual part of their body on display for other like minded people to salivate over 

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I did write that and , if you had read all the posts in the thread, you would have seen that I explained that I was being humorous .

Satire on the .......just read the thread where I have previously explained , its late and I cannot be bother to re write

I was not referring to your post specifically - in fact, I don't think I have read your post. The theme of prison rape is quite common on TVisa (and other places) even though most people have no idea about what really goes on in prisons - especially prisons in Thailand.

If you read my post again you will see that I referred to "not just in this thread, but others too".  I was being careful not to point to specific posters.

I have a rather dark and mischievious sense of humour myself, so I can usually distinguish between the bigots and the jokers (not always - I sometimes miss the sarcastic intent).

Anyway, I hope we can agree that it matters not one jot whether these two men are gay or straight - they are foolish and deserve 25 years hard labour in a Syberian prison camp.

There has been homophobic hate spewed for two days on this thread, what did they do, steal? No they showed two chunks of flesh. Was anybody hurt? No.  Was anybody hurt when various scandals caused by Thai people driving deaths getting away with no jail?  Why no outrage are you homophobes? What was the reaction  when various monks did drugs, raped women and boys, and scandalized the  country.?

Why are the old geezers here not doing 25 pages of outrage?( Hate , bigotry and homophobia I say)

This is just another dumb stunt. Like doing Yoga (naked?) at a temple, like a "Apsara" model topless with her hairy bush hanging out, Chinese pooping everywhere, riding Mountain bikes on Wat Umong in Chiang Mai and all the rest.

16 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Its to  do with the body parts that they put on display.

Its rather like a males chest and females breasts.

Homosexuals view other mens bottom the same way that straight men view females breasts

They were putting their sexual part of their body on display for other like minded people to salivate over 

I’ve seen people showing their arse on more occasions than I care to remember. 

They did it because they were stupid or drunk or just wanted to shock those around them. 

Archived