Tourists warned to respect Thai culture - two who showed their butts at Wat Arun arrested

webfact

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big mistake going to Don Mueang...

What they really needed was a friendly Thai police colonel and assorted/related others who would have swiftly driven them across the border and out of Thailand for a clean escape.

Obviously, they didn't know the right people in the right places to get on board the Out of Thailand Express!

18 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Pity you had to quote me twice to get that vital message across, really...

I do like the way you quote yourself in post #243 though.

Yes my style is to quote myself twice if a reasonable period of time has passed, if I want to add material to a post

I do that rather than editing as Posts could cross if in a deep meaningful debate with another member

Then they might think I am trying to steal a march on them

And just to prove my point thats exactly what has happened in this exchange of Posts with your editing

As you say you like my system I suggest you try it sometime its foolproof 55555

Of course the editing facility has its uses, I use it ALL the time when I spot my spelling and grammar mistakes 55555555555 this present Post excepted of course

I am long winded in typing as I am a one finger operative, so even if this Post crosses one of yours, I will be making no further comment on this Thread

Please dont take that as a personal slight

Bye- Bye

8 hours ago, DM07 said:

Yeeeeessss...they should be shot for being so disrespectful to the wonderful and supreme Thai- culture!

10 years in jail!?

Some of you guys have absolutely lost it!

There is "Thai'er-than-Thai" and then there is ThaiVisa!

It could be that Thai'er-than-Thai Veezers are more disgusted than Thais are with foreigner "gay" stunts after living with their inability to discern differences between felongs, farangs, ladyboys and that kind. 

15 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

Yes my style is to quote myself twice if a reasonable period of time has passed, if I want to add material to a post

I do that rather than editing as Posts could cross if in a deep meaningful debate with another member

Then they might think I am trying to steal a march on them

And just to prove my point thats exactly what has happened in this exchange of Posts with your editing

As you say you like my system I suggest you try it sometime its foolproof 55555

Of course the editing facility has its uses, I use it ALL the time when I spot my spelling and grammar mistakes 55555555555 this present Post excepted of course

I am long winded in typing as I am a one finger operative, so even if this Post crosses one of yours, I will be making no further comment on this Thread

Please dont take that as a personal slight

Bye- Bye

You flatter yourself if you really think I take any slight at anything you say, do or care about any excuse you may dredge up...

7 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

That still doesn't answer my question.

Why mention it, when it is irrelevant?

To be honest I have never seen heterosexual couples do this and I assume it is part of the gay culture? if this is correct I don't see reporting they are gay as being in any way irrelevant just reporting the facts. If it is just 'high jinks' and naught to do with sexual orientation then I would agree with you. It certainly 'feels' gay and I'm hoping thats not just my prejudice but whoever does this whilst looking at ancient monuments (a temple?) deserves a strict cautioning and a day in jail.

1 hour ago, PremiumLane said:

not a slur, was a fact, you post read like the ramblings of someone off their meds :) 

Ok so i study my English a little more now.

I learn the issue i refer to is call  "reverse discrimination"

That is when the one that is normally in a minority group will discrimate on others, but then will think its ok when them doing it.

This you could have commented on not dodge and make an insult on someones English ability or say they on meds.

Butt-Baring Tourists Charged With Indecency
By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee, Staff Reporter

bb.jpg.9673029bd49b7740e4017d5f972cc1db.jpg

BANGKOK — Butts. Everyone’s got one – but that doesn’t mean everyone wants to see them.

Dropping drawers to bare one’s bottom at famous tourist attractions may be a trend online – but Bangkok is having none of it. Two Americans who posed for photos of their bare backsides last week at Wat Arun and posted them online were tracked down and charged with indecency, police said Wednesday.

Full story:  http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/crime-crime/2017/11/29/butt-baring-tourists-charged-indecency/
  khaosodeng_logo.jpg&key=f18f13f21ff8072a2f143e4785151573ffba4c71756463484787d073843a300f -- [emoji767] Copyright Khaosod English 2017-11-29
I'd not seen these pics before.

What religious monument anywhere on planet earth is it deemed acceptable to pull down your pants and expose yourself?

Really, what a pair of disrespectful retards.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, binjalin said:

A Rugby example is hardly the same as outside a temple to show their 'mates'. Mooning is completely different as far as I can tell. 

It's all about showing your rear, it's all about stupidity, it's nothing to do with sexual orientation.

6 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

It's all about showing your rear, it's all about stupidity, it's nothing to do with sexual orientation.

Well... anyway I assumed it was a 'gay pride' thing but whoever stands on sacred monuments with their arse on show IS an arse whoever they are and I know we agree on that.

A Rugby example is hardly the same as outside a temple to show their 'mates'. Mooning is completely different as far as I can tell. 

"Mooning" is exactly what they were doing. A popular activity for rugby clubs and stag parties everywhere. Stupid, disrespectful but hardly the crime of the century!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, Myran said:

I really hope they make an example out of these two disgusting individuals.

Why? Is this type of disrespect a priority issue for Thai society? Does it affect your every day life somehow?

I thought examples needed to be set when there was a big problem, like i dont know, drunk driving or corruption.

Archived