Panthongtae says he only wants his family back, no more politics

rooster59

Panthongtae says he only wants his family back, no more politics

oak.jpg

Panthongtae, the only son of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, posted on his Instagram @oak_ptt on the occasion of his 38th birthday on Saturday (Dec 2) that all members of the Shinawatra family want a happy family back, not politics.

He posted an image of him paying respects to his mother, Khunying Potjaman Na Pompejra.

In his IG posting, Panthongtae wrote: “Traditionally, on the occasion of my birthday I usually kraab (paid respects) to my father and mother.  But, for the past 10 years I cannot do this to my father exactly on my birthday. But will do so once I have a chance to travel.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/panthongtae-says-wants-family-back-no-politics/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-12-03

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Panthongtae, the only son of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, posted on his Instagram @oak_ptt on the occasion of his 38th birthday on Saturday (Dec 2) that all members of the Shinawatra family want a happy family back, not politics.

Then go to Dubai or, better still, have them come back here, where you can visit them in gaol.

Edited by Bluespunk

he is just as corrupt as the rest of his family, doesnt like the fact he is facing charges where he  may well be found guilty and get some well deserved jail time. This family is a joke and Thailand is their patsy, all they are interested in is the size of their bank accounts and will use anyone to improve it

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

Then go to Dubai or, better still, have them come back here, where you can visit them in gaol.

Assuming you have your wishes to have the whole family in jail; would that guarantee that there will be no coup in the future and the generals will be convicted for corruption. 

56 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Assuming you have your wishes to have the whole family in jail; would that guarantee that there will be no coup in the future and the generals will be convicted for corruption. 

No. It wouldn't guarantee anything. Would there still be entrenched corruption, almost certainly. Would anyone else be convicted for corruption, probable but most likely selectively. Would much change, probably not in the short term.

But it would remove one very corrupt immoral and unethical clan from the swamp for a while.

3 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Could meet daddy and auntie in Singapore - hours flight on one of the family planes. Have a soda or two and fly back with some nice duty frees for mummy.

Just another pathetic plea for sympathy!

They are holding him hostage so his family doesn't speak out, The corruption is smoke and mirrors if you read the full story behind the charge. As he said he'll be free to leave in a year, good luck to him and his family

2 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Could meet daddy and auntie in Singapore - hours flight on one of the family planes. Have a soda or two and fly back with some nice duty frees for mummy.

Just another pathetic plea for sympathy!

Why even reported on TV, it's  a non event. 

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

Please show where I have at any point defended this coup or the corruption around it.

Be precise.

Edited by Bluespunk

6 hours ago, AGareth2 said:

I don't believe him

probably eyeing a future PM post

Perhaps you mean being a puppet, a clone, a mask, a fake PM, as instructed by daddy.

On the other hand perhaps he could take a stand and close down his TV channel. 

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

No. It wouldn't guarantee anything. Would there still be entrenched corruption, almost certainly. Would anyone else be convicted for corruption, probable but most likely selectively. Would much change, probably not in the short term.

But it would remove one very corrupt immoral and unethical clan from the swamp for a while.

I now know why we are polar opposite. You seem ok with selective conviction while I believe in justice being a principle of fairness, equity, impartiality and consistency. All corruption should be treated equally not selectively. 

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

He's the subject of a pretty big money laundering investigation, he probably needs to get permission to leave the country officially.

Shame there isn't any important sporting events like Olympics he could attend. 

10 hours ago, ezzra said:

Woe is me, all i what back is Me, mom and dad and 40-50 billions and my hi-so life, is that too much to ask?

All there money. His father was a elite business man. There will always be uneducated and jealous onlookers 

3 hours ago, Dave67 said:

They are holding him hostage so his family doesn't speak out, The corruption is smoke and mirrors if you read the full story behind the charge. As he said he'll be free to leave in a year, good luck to him and his family

Yes there all crooks. Milking the pot of the former Tycoons

2 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

I now know why we are polar opposite. You seem ok with selective conviction while I believe in justice being a principle of fairness, equity, impartiality and consistency. All corruption should be treated equally not selectively. 

Then that means you support the various charges the paymaster is facing and the charges which have been leveled at the police who aided the flight of someone being processed in the justice system on very serious charges when they should have been going about their assigned police duties, and... and...

28 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Then that means you support the various charges the paymaster is facing and the charges which have been leveled at the police who aided the flight of someone being processed in the justice system on very serious charges when they should have been going about their assigned police duties, and... and...

What do you think. Has justice been fair, equitable, impartial and consistent.

36 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

What do you think. Has justice been fair, equitable, impartial and consistent.

No it hasn't, not at all, and one big reason is the very strong control one unethical politician had over the police and the DSI, etc., for a number of years and there seems to be some possibility the control is still there.

Now waiting for your diversion.