US couple arrested for taking naked selfies in Thailand have been released from jail

Jonathan Fairfield

1 minute ago, Bigfarang1948 said:

They should have left these homosexuals in jail. Stupid beyond belief.  Go back to your gay community and stay there.  You two are sickening butt buddies.

You do not have to like gay people. But live and let die, please. 

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disrespectful yes,  trivial yes. 

Now let's have a conversation on the behavior of Buhdist monks, their morality and adherence to the ways of the Buhda.

Drugs, sex with underage girls and boys, rampant greed and consumerism, act's of violence and lawlessness of all sorts. Sigh! 

5 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

you don't bar fine women at a temple

that practice died out hundreds of years ago

True, but go to YouTube and Facebook and the torrents and look for guys bragging on picking up hookers in Thailand.

Then ask yourself which one damages Thailand's image more.  A couple of guys' selfie of hanging a moon at a temple, or a thousand guys posting up photos and videos of their cheap score?

Edited by impulse

Thailand is the laughing stock of the world. Anyone who has been here for any length of time knows this.

Regular, rediculous statements.

Mushroom pickers (30 years each).

Red Bull <deleted> (no years or even days yet).

Mooners, graffiti man and railway coin man; outrage.

Ms Pinky.

Outrage; when it suits them.

Close eyes; when it suits them.

Religion; when it suits.

Edited by owl sees all

Just now, impulse said:

True, but go to YouTube and Facebook and look for guys bragging on picking up hookers in Thailand.

Then ask yourself which one damages Thailand's image more.  A couple of guys hanging a moon at a temple, or a thousand guys posting up photos and videos of their cheap score?

I may have this wrong but I don't think the response by the Authorities was concern of damaging Thailand's Image but rather a response to a direct insult to their Religious Institutions.

If these two guys were to attempt this stunt at my small community Church that I have been attending since I was a baby then I have to say the Thai response has been rather pale in comparison to my own. 

Its not wise to disrespect another person's religion. Somehow these two assclowns reached the ages of 34 without having ever learned that.

3 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Thailand is the laughing stock of the world. Anyone who has been here for any length of time knows this.

Before I got here, I never gave Thailand a second thought.  It's the guys who have been here a long time (myself included) who have a distorted perception of what the rest of world thinks of Thailand.  The rest of the world doesn't really care- even if they do know.

7 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Regular, rediculous statements.

Mushroom pickers (30 years each).

Red Bull <deleted> (no years or even days yet).

Mooners, graffiti man and railway coin man; outrage.

Ms Pinky.

Outrage; when it suits them.

Close eyes; when it suits them.

Religion; when it suits.

I have never once heard any reference about Thailand being a laughing stock except for a bunch of old alcoholic expats on TVF. 

I would have to disagree with your sentiment.

13 minutes ago, Oziex1 said:

Disrespectful yes,  trivial yes. 

Now let's have a conversation on the behavior of Buhdist monks, their morality and adherence to the ways of the Buhda.

Drugs, sex with underage girls and boys, rampant greed and consumerism, act's of violence and lawlessness of all sorts. Sigh! 

If you want to start the thread then I am all ears...for a change.

“They wanted me to thank everyone for their thoughts prayers and concerns,” said Robert Rodriguez, a friend of the couple.

“They send all their love to their friends that have supported them their ass,” he added.

Edited by klauskunkel

2 hours ago, MarkusAUST said:

I think the whole thing got blown totally out of proportion, so them being released and going on their way is the right course of action. People committing violence get away much lighter.

Apple's  and oranges.... disrespect of culture should come with a hefty fine and ban from the country 5yrs.imo

F#$in narcissists..... I'm insulted and I'm Canadian....

1 hour ago, Raymonddiaz said:

Being gay doesn't mean being indecent.They should respect other beliefs. Thai religions should be respected by tourists.

I agree with you, being a homosexual should not bother anyone provided it is kept behind closed doors.

41 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

I may have this wrong but I don't think the response by the Authorities was concern of damaging Thailand's Image but rather a response to a direct insult to their Religious Institutions.

If these two guys were to attempt this stunt at my small community Church that I have been attending since I was a baby then I have to say the Thai response has been rather pale in comparison to my own. 

Its not wise to disrespect another person's religion. Somehow these two assclowns reached the ages of 34 without having ever learned that.

People have the right to practice any religion they want as long as they keep one thing in mind, do not let it interfere with other people in any way.

One of the conditions of their release should have been that they remove the pictures, delete any copies in front of authorities, and agree not to repost any additional copies.  Of course they could violate that in which case an arrest warrant could be issued thus preventing them from returning to Thailand again.  I wouldn't even ban them, just issue an arrest warrant I think would send a more clear message inviting them back to face charges.

2 hours ago, owl sees all said:

So they are free to leave the LOS.

Heroes to some; villans to others.

The Don had a word with Tilly

Tilly had a word with Junta vice PM.

Vice PM had a word with  Ch-o-ch.

Ch-o-ch had a word with the court clerk.

Court Clerk had a word with Miss Pinky.

Miss Pinky had a word with the Justices.

Thanks Miss Pinky! At least you can see the humour. Pass it on; Thailand needs some!

No, they're not free to leave, they're with Immigration police in the process of being deported, there's a massive difference.

1 hour ago, ClutchClark said:

If you want to start the thread then I am all ears...for a change.

I think we have covered this stuff in many other thread,s i care little for the misguided beliefs of the devout of all religions and  feel great anger at the corruption of it in all faiths, generally so those at the top can literally get away with murder.

It should have been left in the dark ages where it belongs.

Not accurate news. Their Instagram account was back up four days after their initial arrest with photos supposedly taken in Utah. The Thai photos were still there. Their account was blocked by Instagram yesterday and now doesn't appear to exist. 

1512882737085.jpg