Coming to a dirty beach near you soon! Thailand's robotic trash collector

webfact

1 hour ago, Matthew2027 said:

Plenty of tractors around, simple and effective

tc.png

and more effective...

as tourists won't bother getting out of the way of a puny little sand sifter,

that would be programmed to go around obstacles

I wonder how the little toy handles the varying tidal actions?

woo hoo maybe Mark II will be a WetVac?

or someone will get really smart, and retrofit (into a Remote Controlled)  With the Rice Picker's pickup elements, that can delve at a setting, below the surface

Image result for rice picker machine

Edited by tifino

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Which implies it is only foreigners who leave trash behind on the beach. I look forward to the aquatic version that can sift out the floating (probably foreign), turds from the murky brown water too.

Come to bang Saen beach where 99% of the tourists are Thai. Let’s see how clean the beach is VS Phuket beaches. 

27 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

I suppose that, being unmanned, it could just run all night, and leave a clear beach for the morning.  As long as it learns to go around Russians having sex on the beach.  :shock1:

if it does not get drowned in the rising tide

hope they are able to program its course properly, or they will steer the robot into the ocean

6 hours ago, robblok said:

I seen them clean properly on many of the islands its easier to teach someone to work properly then to invest in this Robot. Not to mention they are now talking about labor suplus problems so why give more low jobs to machines. 

I agree but would also like to see the authorities forget about trying to impress with fancy gadgets and go back to square 1......supply some bloody rubbish bins!!  Step 2 would be put put some public awareness programs on TV.  They only need to be short commercials like we have always had in Australia with great success such as "Keep Australia Beautiful...Put it in a Bin".  They could also do the same for safety on the roads.  Thais, and particularly kids, love TV.  They are glued to it all day.  Make it a positive kind of brain washing.  But at least provide some bloody bins first <deleted>!

8 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Which implies it is only foreigners who leave trash behind on the beach. I look forward to the aquatic version that can sift out the floating (probably foreign), turds from the murky brown water too.

Must be a lot of tourists with sore throats, judging by the cough medicine bottles!!!

Not only turds in the sea.   Lots of those funny little white balloons.  :shock1:

"Can get into places other cleaners cannot" - I don't think so! I didn't see it negotiating the beachfront rocks or any trees, projecting steps etc, and what about pebble beaches?

If ever a problem was over engineered in Thailand this is it....

The solution is glaringly simple, set up central collection points / trucks, issue area specific marked bags and pay ??baht/bag, the beaches / public spaces would be crawling with willing participants looking to make a days wage.

Edited by Tofer
Correction

8 hours ago, Thaitoknow said:

There are people to work but they arent going to do it properly.

Go round cleaning up leaves and brushing sand around while ignoring plastic bags and glass bottles.

Myanmar staff on most Thai southern island do their job perfectly in front of resorts !

Of course, whoever plan to employ a Thai for any kind of job is just perfectly clueless and stupid !

I remember watching a machine clean the beach's in Rimini over 30 years ago. it used to be done at night all 10 miles of beach, the machine used to take the top 6 inches at the front and dump the clean sand out the back.

Always wondered seeing the state of the beaches in Thailand why the Hoteliers had not invested in something similar.

3 minutes ago, Steve Mepham said:

I remember watching a machine clean the beach's in Rimini over 30 years ago. it used to be done at night all 10 miles of beach, the machine used to take the top 6 inches at the front and dump the clean sand out the back.

Always wondered seeing the state of the beaches in Thailand why the Hoteliers had not invested in something similar.

Because they have 300thb a day and a machine will never do it as well as 10 guys (from Myanmar)

9 hours ago, robblok said:

I really don't get it, it cost 300 bt to have someone work for a day, how is this machine ever going to compete. The problem is not that nobody wants to do the work the problem is there is no budget for cleaning beaches and the like. 

i guess you havent been here very long. what you say is true but irrelevant. what is relevant is how much of the budget for these machines can be syphoned off and 'commission' on the deal to purchase obtained.

and dont expect them to work for very long as the budget for spare parts, repair and servicing will be long gone before the first machine hits a beach.

No need to take offense when none is present.

If you're hanging out at a beach, you either work there or you're a tourist. 

Doesn't matter where you're from or whether you're Thai or Martian.  Even locals, when hanging out at the beach, are tourists.

Nonsense

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, robblok said:

I really don't get it, it cost 300 bt to have someone work for a day, how is this machine ever going to compete. The problem is not that nobody wants to do the work the problem is there is no budget for cleaning beaches and the like. 

Try to get someone in Pattaya to work for you unsupervised at 300B a day.  This is Chonburi not Nakhon Nowhere.   Be prepared for disappointments.  If hou can get anyone to apply snd they are any good I will steal them off you.  I have had jobs vacant for months.  No one wants to work for less than 400.or more a day.

11 hours ago, jaywalker said:

I wonder how long they'll last?

Hopefully longer than Pattaya's CCTV cameras.

they don't have to last long,...there purpose was to collect big brown envelopes at the delivery...?!?!?

21 hours ago, darksidedog said:

No, it implies that tourists leave trash. And that is a silly statement (because locals also litter) but it's a statement no more silly than your own, that suggests that only foreigners in a country can be tourists...tell that to the British chavs in Cornwall, or the Vaalies in Cape Town :stoner: