Democrat Jones wins U.S. Senate seat in Alabama in blow to Trump

webfact

2 hours ago, tuktuktuk said:

Jones is just as big a scumbag as the other 99 he’ll be seated with. 

Yep! 

"“It might not happen on this earth right now, but Doug Jones will pay for what he’s saying,” Jerry Moore told Debbie Elliott. “And them Democrat people that’s out there and those Republicans in Washington. They’re going to have to answer to God.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/12/roy-moores-brother-issues-apparent-threat-doug-jones-will-pay-for-what-hes-saying/

Roy Moore's brother Jerry Moore

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/12/defiant-bannon-vows-to-pour-gasoline-on-his-war-with-the-gop-establishment-report/

Steve-Bannon-60-minutes-screencap-800x43

Trump is Bannon's puppet

Edited by Opl

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, hansnl said:

Of course the 50 year old sex conduct accusations area boon for the democrats.

Easily made, unprovable, and highly effective.

AND an almost unlimited supply of pious hypocrites who have at the very least left themselves badly compromised and more than likely have regularly denigrated and abused women for many years without any penalty.

One side has demanded that those who have been accused demonstrate their innocence or resign their positions regardless of political cost. The other has said that political expediency is more important than any moral or ethical issues. Tell us again about the moral fibre of the Right.

8 hours ago, hdkane said:

First, you shouldn't equate being a republican with trump...trump is much more of a dem...Second, if you dislike repub, then this is the worst thing that could have happened...if moore had won, he would have been a constant reminder to everyone about voting a party line...with this win, the dems have a chance to really screw things up...just remember, it was dem policies and attitudes, not repub ones, that propelled trump to the whitehouse...trump was elected as a reaction to dems race baiting/selling out the country/needless provocation and the repubs apathy/reluctance in addressing the real issues of government...it is a genuine defeat for trump, but you are simply wrong if you think repubs or conservatives really care about trump...just watch and see if anyone challenges trump in the upcoming election...there will be tons of candidates...dems will only trot out sanders, who is a joke, albeit an entertaining one.

If you've been paying any attention at all, you'd understand that Trump has no political positions whatsoever, other than what's expedient at the time. He'll flip and flop on anything so long as it appears like he's "winning" and getting as much attention as possible. I love though how the Right are already manoeuvering to pretend that Donald is actually a Democrat regardless of which Party put him in their leadership race and selected and supported him to be President.

I agree with your assessment that Moore winning would have been even better for the Democrats in the long-term. But this race has further tarnished the Republican brand and continued the trend of (finally) mobilizing the many who oppose Trump and the destruction of the State he is attempting. Your characterization of the Democrats as having sold out the country gave me a good chuckle, so thanks for that. You may be aware of a high level investigation for collusion with a hostile foreign power...Trump is a dead man walking, and the Republicans have chosen to chain themselves to the Trump Zombie army. Won't end well.

1 hour ago, JCauto said:

AND an almost unlimited supply of pious hypocrites who have at the very least left themselves badly compromised and more than likely have regularly denigrated and abused women for many years without any penalty.

One side has demanded that those who have been accused demonstrate their innocence or resign their positions regardless of political cost. The other has said that political expediency is more important than any moral or ethical issues. Tell us again about the moral fibre of the Right.

I'd say we're in about the third inning with respect to uncovering high profile harrasers/abusers. I wouldn't be publishing the final box score just yet.

46 minutes ago, steven2018 said:

When Trump leaves office he will probably write a book telling how abused and victimized he was, and it will sell to his core group.

Posted from Android using Tapatalk

It will have to be a comic book or a coloring book, otherwise they won't understand.   Let's just hope Moore doesn't write a book....it would be a children's book, sort of.   

Brilliant news and  a sign that Americans have decided where the swamp truly is and are draining it themselves. I await the utter rubbish tweets bound to be forthcoming from the cesspit chief. The Trump world is collapsing and that is good news for the world, not just America.

Mmh, but there is a long way to go yet before the orange zit is fully cleaned up...

Sent from my KENNY using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Of course the 50 year old sex conduct accusations area boon for the democrats.

Easily made, unprovable, and highly effective.

It would appear more effective than the concerted campaign to "disenfranchise" rather a large number of voters, who were, let's face it, unlikely to cast their votes for Moore; and which reportedly seems to have run alongside the election campaign.

Sent from my KENNY using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

7 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

I'd say we're in about the third inning with respect to uncovering high profile harrasers/abusers. I wouldn't be publishing the final box score just yet.

I'd agree with you there. There's no evidence that I've seen that being a sex pest is related to one's political leanings one way or another.

12 hours ago, mlmcleod said:

I suspect that Moore is going to blame his loss on election fraud!  We will see if the Republican Secretary of State for Alabama can find a box or two of votes to help Moore win.  I do not think for a moment that Alabamans have suddenly become Democrats!  However, I am pleasantly surprised that the people in the reddist of all states can put aside their bigotry and vote for a democrat.  Doug Jones is certainly no liberal by any stretch of the imagination but he is also not a child molester!

I won't be comfortable until Jones is sworn in, the way Republicans lie, cheat, and steal elections, I put nothing past them, especially when the Alabama Secretary of State is a Republican 

10 hours ago, Opl said:

Yep! 

"“It might not happen on this earth right now, but Doug Jones will pay for what he’s saying,” Jerry Moore told Debbie Elliott. “And them Democrat people that’s out there and those Republicans in Washington. They’re going to have to answer to God.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/12/roy-moores-brother-issues-apparent-threat-doug-jones-will-pay-for-what-hes-saying/

Roy Moore's brother Jerry Moore

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/12/defiant-bannon-vows-to-pour-gasoline-on-his-war-with-the-gop-establishment-report/

Steve-Bannon-60-minutes-screencap-800x43

Trump is Bannon's puppet

Ha ha...Ole Steve looks like he hit the Johnnie Walker hard last night.

12 minutes ago, Langsuan Man said:

I won't be comfortable until Jones is sworn in, the way Republicans lie, cheat, and steal elections, I put nothing past them, especially when the Alabama Secretary of State is a Republican 

Steal elections?  Seriously? Too funny.

23 minutes ago, tonray said:

Yeah.. come on now.. this isn't Florida. ! 

The vote wasn't stolen in Florida.  Unless you read conspiracy theory websites.  It was a messed up system, but hardly criminal.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/10/31/politics/bush-gore-2000-election-results-studies/index.html

Taken as a whole, the recount studies show Bush would have most likely won the Florida statewide hand recount of all undervotes. Undervotes are ballots that did not register a vote in the presidential race.

This goes against the belief that the U.S. Supreme Court handed the presidency to Bush, or took it away from Gore.

This election result also exposes a major miscalculation by Trump and the Republican party regarding the African-American electorate.

A large part of the reason Jones was able to win in this traditionally deeply Republican state is because of heavy turn out in the African-American community which is deeply angered and humiliated by Trump's efforts to systematically dismantle the legacy of Barack Obama, the first African-American President of the United States.

Similarly, a factor which contributed to Trump's election was Hillary Clinton's inability to muster the same level of enthusiasm amongst African-American voters as Obama enjoyed.  African-Americans, especially, but moreover, Democratic voters in general, have been reminded on a daily basis of how such electoral complacency can lead to such disasterous outcomes. This reality has hit home with a sledge-hammer vengeance, and because of this, I would add my voice to those predicting a midterm election bloodbath for Republicans in 2018.

Edited by Gecko123

6 hours ago, Langsuan Man said:

Alabama GOP chief: 'This race has ended'

Alabama Republican Party Chairman Terry Lathan said in a statement late Tuesday that the state's Senate race has ended.

“Now that this race has ended, may this holiday season of peace, love and hope resonate with everyone, regardless of one’s political affiliation," Lathan said.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/364658-alabama-gop-this-race-has-ended

There is a credible opinion that Moore losing is an actual gain for the Republicans since there is little doubt Moore would have been a serious embarrassment every time he appeared on any video, there wouldn't even necessarily have to be sound (see arrival at poll on Tuesday).

Democrats are going to miss out on [another] almost daily chance to show what the Republican Party has become.

TH 

On 12/13/2017 at 11:14 AM, craigt3365 said:

I could care less about red vs. blue.  I do care about right vs. wrong.  I think that's what was proven here.  My faith in American voters just went up a huge notch. 

Love this:

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/12/12/opinions/alabama-senate-race-twitter-roundup-opinion/index.html

— Frida Ghitis (@FridaGhitis) December 13, 2017

Roy Moore lost.
Steve Bannon lost.
Donald Trump lost.
Pedophilia lost.
Bigotry lost.
Homophobia lost.
Racism lost.

Doug Jones won.
Mitch McConnell won.
African-Americans won.
Women won.
Victims won.
Justice won.
Morality won.
Values won.
Sanity won.
Decency won.
America won.

I completely agreed with you until you said Mitch McConnel won. He's a horrible dinosaur, hell bent on destroying what little health care there is for most Americans, as well as blatantly giving away the keys to the store to the very wealthy...

3 minutes ago, Green Acres said:

I completely agreed with you until you said Mitch McConnel won. He's a horrible dinosaur, hell bent on destroying what little health care there is for most Americans, as well as blatantly giving away the keys to the store to the very wealthy...

Not my words. I agree with you!

On 12/14/2017 at 5:17 AM, steven2018 said:

When Trump leaves office he will probably write a book telling how abused and victimized he was, and it will sell to his core group.

Posted from Android using Tapatalk

He might hire someone to ghostwrite it, then stick his name on the cover.