Report an a go go

elgenon

There is an a go go in Nana Plaza that charges 155b for a drink. They always give 35b in change from 200b. I like the girls so I don't want to damage my ability to enter, but I feel they should be reported. Obviously they feel guys won't notice and most guys probably do pay a tip on top of getting shorted. I don't know if they deduct more from a larger payment, I didn't check my change.

Who can I anonymously report this to that will produce results?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is an a go go in Nana Plaza that charges 155b for a drink. They always give 35b in change from 200b. I like the girls so I don't want to damage my ability to enter, but I feel they should be reported. Obviously they feel guys won't notice and most guys probably do pay a tip on top of getting shorted. I don't know if they deduct more from a larger payment, I didn't check my change.
Who can I anonymously report this to that will produce results?

[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

9 hours ago, elgenon said:

There is an a go go in Nana Plaza that charges 155b for a drink. They always give 35b in change from 200b. I like the girls so I don't want to damage my ability to enter

You got shorted 10b and the solution is simple. Say you negotiate with one of their girls to go ST 2000b. When time comes to settle pay her 1990b.

If she asks why explain what happened in the bar. She will respect your principles.

I think you guys are being unfair to the poster.  He has been cheated out of a sizable portion of his discretionary income.

Worse he has uncovered through personal experience that the closest relationship he has may not be as he thought.

I would urge you to stand on the sidewalk, may be a block away from the establishment and stop farang men and warn them personally of this scam.   Perhaps wearing a mask and a cape.

I think you guys are being unfair to the poster.  He has been cheated out of a sizable portion of his discretionary income.
Worse he has uncovered through personal experience that the closest relationship he has may not be as he thought.

I would urge you to stand on the sidewalk, may be a block away from the establishment and stop farang men and warn them personally of this scam.   Perhaps wearing a mask and a cape.

.....and a bullet proof vest.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I did. I got a nasty look but she got the correct change. So I have to remember to count the change each time. It's not the 10 baht, which is nothing, but I think on larger bills it is more. It's the lack of transparency. Do they fail to provide correct change for BFs? I'm saying be careful and check your change. Nothing wrong in advising that. So much easier if they returned the correct amount. Imagine if you are with a group having a good time with a large bill and you don't bother to count the change as you never had a problem in the past. What have they deducted? I always tip but I want to be the one who decides how much.

TIT.  They get away with what they can.  Most people don't count their change.  I usually don't either, but can't recall the specifics, but once I looked at what I was given and it was obvious I was shortchanged (maybe there should have been a 20 or two, and they only gave me 100s - really stupid on their part!).  So I looked and sure enough I was short.  I told the waitress in thai I wanted my money.  She sheepishly looked at me and toward the cashier.  I insisted.  She finally went back and got the correct change.  All you can do is look out for yourself, reporting them will do no good.  They pay the police.  Insist on the correct change, live with it, or simply quit going there.

If you really need to meet the girls, get their number and meet them outside.

Edited by bubba45

15 hours ago, tonray said:

Wow...so you mean they shorted you 10 baht. Those scoundrels !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They should be hoisted up the mast and flogged !

Better, stand outside the bar with a giant sign 'this bar short changes', and a megaphone with same continuous message.

Bar owners will be trembling and stop it immediately.

Fixed.

48 minutes ago, elgenon said:

I did. I got a nasty look but she got the correct change. So I have to remember to count the change each time. It's not the 10 baht, which is nothing, but I think on larger bills it is more. It's the lack of transparency. Do they fail to provide correct change for BFs? I'm saying be careful and check your change. Nothing wrong in advising that. So much easier if they returned the correct amount. Imagine if you are with a group having a good time with a large bill and you don't bother to count the change as you never had a problem in the past. What have they deducted? I always tip but I want to be the one who decides how much.

Here'a question:

- do you think that the people who run these venues are  the outstanding pillars of society, good examples of high ethics, honesty and sincerity and social responsibility?

1 hour ago, elgenon said:

You need to find a hobby and busy your life up a little. Do you honestly think you could register a complaint about this nonsense and get a result?

I think maybe you are just trolling!

i dont think it is worth making a fuss over 10 bahts--but yes, i dont like the 'rip off" tricks they play either.

they mostly give at last 20 bahts of the change in coins, knowing that most men will leave this behind.a harmless trick,maybe?, but i always take ALL my change {i dont like their attitude }.i never tip the bar, reguarly tip the dancers and sometimes the service girl.  the bar makes excellent money out of a drink @ 155baht.

one time in pattaya-my bill was 845, so i gave 1000bht note plus 45 baht in coins, expecting to get 2x 100baht notes as change.

well, they bought back ALL  the change in coins---they didnt like MY  attitude?

i nearly flipped my lid---fortunately i was good friends with the very nice mammassan----she sent the coins back to be exchanged..

ALWAYS CHECK YOUR CHANGE---especially nana plaza

Which bar is it???

We as patrons need this information so we can launch a elaborate survey to get to the bottom of this!!

Have you considered a go fund me page to take the burden off your financial loss??

There was a  time Nana Plaza and Cowboy were fun destinations with reasonable priced drinks and dancers and managers who actually smiled and meant it. Now, they have adopted the same commercial attitude that you find in  western countries. They could care less about customers and that is why they don't have many. Both Nana and Cowboy are on borrowed time and that is probably why there is so much cheating going on.  It won't be long before Nana and Cowboy close and good riddance . Plenty of other places to go.