How to cancel TOT internet home service

Ken

I want to cancel the TOT internet service in my home.  Had it for several years but the service has deteriorated to the point that I have now had 3BB installed.  The service is in my wife's name and she called the TOT service center to try and cancel.  They said she must go to the TOT office in Bua Yai, basically wasting a day to do this.  When we had the service installed several years ago she never had to go to the office.  She called and they came out to her.  Anybody know if there is another way to cancel the service without going to the office?  Sure we could just not pay the bill, but that could cause her problems in the future.

3 hours ago, Forkinhades said:

Don't pay, easy answer, they will write to your Mrs and ask for the money. That's as far as they will go.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

When they wrote to me demanding payment for my last bill (3 years after I'd canceled my landline), they accompanied the bill with a legal threat that looked quite serious. I decided not to test it--I don't need any problems. Besides, I did still owe the money that I'd long forgotten about. 

Nobody hated going to the TOT office more than I did, but I ended up getting a smile out those ladies (maybe the only farang ever to have done so), so it was pleasant enough. I didn't have to travel a large distance, however.

Just now, JSixpack said:

When they wrote to me demanding payment for my last bill (3 years after I'd canceled my landline), they accompanied the bill with a legal threat that looked quite serious. I decided not to test it--I don't need any problems. Besides, I did still owe the money that I'd long forgotten about. 

Nobody hated going to the TOT office more than I did, but I ended up getting a smile out those ladies (maybe the only farang ever to have done so), so it was pleasant enough. I didn't have to travel a large distance, however.

Yea.  I think she is just going to have to "bite the bullet" and go to the office.  Oh well.

TOT is HORRIBLE. I understand why the switch. They keep records as it suits them. I closed out my TOT internet in Chonburi, brought in my passport and got a receipt. Well, about six months later, I had to restart with TOT as the only net available in my neighborhood in another city. They told me I never closed out my Chonburi bill correctly and, as I lost my receipt, had to pay AGAIN. Go there, get a receipt and keep it until the day you die.

I had 3BB connected to my condo in Jomtien that I had paid 12 months up front. 

After 7 months I moved, February 2017, and called to disconnect. No problem. 

Come November I get a call saying I owe for last months 3BB. 

I infomed them that I’d left the condo 6 months ago and it was disconnected. Got told ‘no, cannot. Have to go to office to disconnect’. 

I had to go to a 3BB office, pay the outstanding month and then they ‘disconnected’ the service.  

My gf a the time tried to get the connection done initially but had a dent from 4 years previously so it had to be connected in my name. It does follow you around 

Go to the office to cancel...do the cancellation paperwork the office---AND GET/KEEP A COPY OF THE CANCELLATION PAPERWORK."

You also may need to turn in any equipment issued such as the TOT router.  Take the router along with you to the office in case they ask for it.  Once again, get/keep a copy of the cancellation paperwork.

I cancelled TOT 2 years ago when I got 3BB, went in to the office with my wife as it is in her name, cancelled, paid the prorata bill, got a receipt and left.  One month later TOT still connected, called the call centre, told them, they said they would inform our local office. It is still connected. I have kept the bill from when we cancelled.

50 minutes ago, MadMuhammad said:

I had 3BB connected to my condo in Jomtien that I had paid 12 months up front. 

After 7 months I moved, February 2017, and called to disconnect. No problem. 

Come November I get a call saying I owe for last months 3BB. 

I infomed them that I’d left the condo 6 months ago and it was disconnected. Got told ‘no, cannot. Have to go to office to disconnect’. 

I had to go to a 3BB office, pay the outstanding month and then they ‘disconnected’ the service.  

My gf a the time tried to get the connection done initially but had a dent from 4 years previously so it had to be connected in my name. It does follow you around 

Right. I cancelled 3BB early because of continual problems and poor service (technician even lied to the 3BB office) and I had to go the office to cancel. They also eventually only gave me back about B1000 of the remaining balance of around B3000. But I was glad to be rid of them.

And, contrary to most of the hate for TOT here, I then found TOT a lot better than 3BB, only had 1 problem in 2 years. It did take a week and a few failed attempts to fix it before they came out and installed a new modem. :smile: Not too impressed w/ ZTE modems now. 

So I guess it's the usual case of YMMV.

Sorry, but best is to go into the office and leave it behind you... not sure why it will take all day? I regularly pay my bills at the office and they are polite and friendly and rarely a line... 

I would imagine the simple reason is that cancelling by phone there is no ID required and anyone could cancel anyone else's service... 

3 hours ago, kenk24 said:

Sorry, but best is to go into the office...I regularly pay my bills at the office

I cannot suggest the best way for cancelling, but: I have been a TOT fixed i-net line opt. fibre customer for some time, never had any issues, always pay my bill through their i-net channel, where I can see my payment history (can print if necessary) -- it is just easy. The bill itself still comes via snail mail, too (I really don't need paper but if it is their secure way then let them do). I never once went to one of their offices - wifey signed a slip upon installation, finished. 

5 hours ago, kenk24 said:

Sorry, but best is to go into the office and leave it behind you... not sure why it will take all day? I regularly pay my bills at the office and they are polite and friendly and rarely a line... 

I would imagine the simple reason is that cancelling by phone there is no ID required and anyone could cancel anyone else's service... 

Travel time, etc.

21 hours ago, JSixpack said:

When they wrote to me demanding payment for my last bill (3 years after I'd canceled my landline), they accompanied the bill with a legal threat that looked quite serious.

Yes, I got one of those legal notices as well after 6 months of non payment and non use. Had to go to office for peace of mind.

When I wanted to cancel my TOT connection, I went trough a lot of painful (P.I.T.)  meetings.
Just because I wanted to do it the way we are used to in my country.
I did receive several "Cancellations" from TOT, some signed and stamped by the TOT office, and another even signed by 2 police officers.

Nevertheless, I kept receiving every month a bill for their "services".
Finally, I decided to write an assigned letter to their main offices in Bangkok, where I cancelled my registration with TOT on the day of writing the letter.
I kept receiving their bill's a few months, the last ones with a threat to bring the issue to the court.
That was about 8 years ago.
Never heard anything from them though.

My advice: Send an assigned letter to the main office and classify all letters from TOT vertical in the waste bin.

Archived