Pattaya to repair long-broken CCTV cameras

Rimmer

Pattaya to repair long-broken CCTV cameras

image.png

PATTAYA:--Pattaya plans to finally repair, replace and perform maintenance on 2,000 closed-circuit television cameras around town, about half of which are inoperable.

City council Chairman Anan Ankanawisan Dec. 1 estimated that half the city’s cameras are broken and have been for years. Old cameras will be replaced while newer ones will be repaired, he said.

He instructed all relevant city departments to work quickly and earnestly, as the cameras are crucial in preventing and solving crime. However, he warned, new cameras should be procured without corruption and at market prices.

Work crews will spend December surveying the city’s CCTV network to determine how many cameras need fixed or replaced.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2017-12-15

Just an excuse to fleece more money, that was why they were broken in the first place.

Same like Thai Roads, they keep repairing it and never seem to be able to get the roads good once n for all.. why?

So that they can keep repairing n get money out of it. 

3 hours ago, fakename said:

How do all these cameras get broken, and dont anyone notice when a camera stops working!

Good point, modern CCTV systems in many counties have a continuous self monitoring function which flags specific cameras that are not working / working incorrectly etc., even producing work order by locations etc.

4 hours ago, Moonmoon said:

Just an excuse to fleece more money, that was why they were broken in the first place.

No. Maintenance is low priority in general for Thais. They don't have a lot of interest in it, don't plan for it, and don't allocate money for it. You'd know this if you've been personally involved w/ Thais.

Same like Thai Roads, they keep repairing it and never seem to be able to get the roads good once n for all.. why?

So that they can keep repairing n get money out of it. 

Not sure where these roads good once and for all come from. You mean like Roman roads, e.g. Blackstone Edge, on Rishworth Moor near Manchester? If Thais built roads like that, our members would loudly complain about being bounced around in the baht buses—at minimum.

I wonder why if Thais aren't creating eternally good roads, why Brits aren't either? Perhaps you could consult?

1 million cars damaged by potholes in the past year - how to make sure you get the compensation you're owed

Wiltshire Council made the biggest pay-outs to pothole victims at £508,000, with repair bills the highest in London at £2,400

. . .

Confused.com calculated that the UK's potholes have a total depth of more than 24 miles, which is almost four times deeper than the Pacific Ocean.

A survey of 2,000 motorists found that one in three (33%) have suffered damage to their vehicles due to poor road surfaces, including tyres and suspension problems.

—http://www.mirror.co.uk/money/1-million-cars-damaged-potholes-11364903

With that I leave the thread to the soothing chants of the mighty TVF Tea Money Chorus.

Edited by JSixpack

2 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

I wonder why if Thais aren't creating eternally good roads, why Brits aren't either? Perhaps you could consult?

1 million cars damaged by potholes in the past year - how to make sure you get the compensation you're owed

Wiltshire Council made the biggest pay-outs to pothole victims at £508,000, with repair bills the highest in London at £2,400

. . .

Confused.com calculated that the UK's potholes have a total depth of more than 24 miles, which is almost four times deeper than the Pacific Ocean.

A survey of 2,000 motorists found that one in three (33%) have suffered damage to their vehicles due to poor road surfaces, including tyres and suspension problems.

—http://www.mirror.co.uk/money/1-million-cars-damaged-potholes-11364903

With that I leave the thread to the chants of the mighty TVF Tea Money Chorus.

Who you contact in Thailand to get compensated for the potholes in the road?

4 hours ago, Rimmer said:

City council Chairman Anan Ankanawisan Dec. 1 estimated that half the city’s cameras are broken and have been for years. Old cameras will be replaced while newer ones will be repaired, he said.

So since half of the cameras need replaced or repaired, I guess another 500 Million Baht will be spent?

12 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Who you contact in Thailand to get compensated for the potholes in the road?

Did you ask at the Banglamung Complaint Center yet?

http://www.pattayamail.com/news/banglamung-officially-opens-complaint-center-40360#sthash.w0wu4Tsv.dpuf

That's why it's so hard to find any whinge here. Place is always crowded w/ TVF members.

3 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

Did you ask at the Banglamung Complaint Center yet?

http://www.pattayamail.com/news/banglamung-officially-opens-complaint-center-40360#sthash.w0wu4Tsv.dpuf

That's why it's so hard to find any whinge here. Place is always crowded w/ TVF members.

That's the complaint center, not the compensation center, and last time I checked Thailand was a little larger than only Banglamung.

Good try, but your Thai apologist excuses get a bit tiresome

2 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

That's the complaint center, not the compensation center, and last time I checked Thailand was a little larger than only Banglamung.

Good try, but your Thai apologist excuses get a bit tiresome

But you need to complain before you could get any compensation, you see. As you are concerned with compensation, I merely suggested you start by asking there. They might direct you to the most appropriate agency for your needs. Perhaps someone else here may come up with another place for you. Best I can do, sorry.

And typically complaints about local conditions are handled locally. This is exactly the case in the UK, where you deal w/ the council, not some national agency. And here we are in the Pattaya forum. So I don't see your point about Thailand's being larger than Banglamung, though I'm impressed w/ your mastery of geography. Maybe it's a recent discovery?

Nor is there anything in the least apologetic about my replies. :smile: 

Glad you blew smoke for a further laugh. Your off-topic, irrelevant, disingenuous attempts at shrewdness are always entertaining. I did think you'd been doing a bit better lately. Glad you're still around! :biggrin:

Edited by JSixpack

16 hours ago, nikmar said:

"However, he warned, new cameras should be procured without corruption and at market prices."

Say it often enough then you might start believing it! :smile:

The best propaganda is that which, as it were, works invisibly, penetrates the whole of life without the public having any knowledge of the propagandistic initiative.

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Joseph_Goebbels

19 hours ago, pattayadon said:

new cameras should be procured without corruption and at market prices.

If he is so concerned about corruption in Pattaya will he urge all bar owners to install them to catch Pattaya police extorting 'fines' each month?