1. 1. Final Round for POTY, 2017

• Transam
    • Colinneil
    • Baboon
    • Darksidedog
    • JAG

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, baboon said:

The parts I feel you are not taking seriously are those most precious to a man, put it that way...

Don't worry; they'll stand up for themselves, if the need arises.

Edited by StreetCowboy

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

I thought I had a strong stomach, but you've proved me wrong

I am gazing at my crystal balls... I see a moderator... a very overworked and angry moderator....

Edited by baboon

52 minutes ago, baboon said:

Sir, this is a time for me to stand. To stand proud and erect...

20 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

Like a bushman?

14 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

Which bits do you think I am not taking seriously?

12 minutes ago, baboon said:

The parts I feel you are not taking seriously are those most precious to a man, put it that way...

11 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

Don't worry; they'll stand up for themselves, if the need arises.

6 minutes ago, baboon said:

But they need a person of skill, of deftness to truly excite them.

Vote baboon - He is ready to please YOU...

2 minutes ago, baboon said:

I am gazing at my crystal balls...

This thread has suddenly taken a homo erotic turn.

2 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

This thread has suddenly taken a homo erotic turn.

I see nothing erotic - homo or otherwise - in simply wishing to pleasure the reader at this time of the night. Some very peculiar people post on here, it has to be said. 

1 hour ago, NancyL said:
2 hours ago, Naam said:

seaweed? :sick:

Naam, I thought you are a gourmet.  Yes, seaweed crackers are divine.  Very good choice of Sipi's -- seaweed crackers with smoked salmon and blue cheese.  Pair with a good white wine.  Oh, wait a minute -- we're in Thailand.  This little "snack" would put a serious dent in the month's food budget.

there's nothing wrong with smoked salmon, blue cheese and white wine dear Nancy although i prefer Bleu de Bresse instead of an ordinary Danablue and a dark red Port instead of white wine but after the food, not paired! however, i neither smoke nor eat weed and once in a while i eat my smoked salmon topped with a layer of anchovies and marinated green pepper.

2 hours ago, baboon said:

I am gazing at my crystal balls... I see a moderator... a very overworked and angry moderator....

No, not overworked and not angry (at least not at anyone on this thread), but SCARED....very, very SCARED!

I'd like to be serious for a moment.

IMHO - Of the remaining 5 candidates there really is only one who could carry the TV POTY title with any sort of dignity (apologies to the other candidates).

Click on his avatar and look at his posts - you may agree (Junta fans will not).

JAG is his name.

13 hours ago, NancyL said:

Actually Mr. Bitey isn't himself.  In August Hubby and I noticed a lump on his back, about 2 cm from his spine.  It grew at an alarming rate.  Within two weeks you could see it when he walked, because the fur over it stood up.  We took him into the vet and she said it needed to come out immediately.  Turned out to be cancer and it had spread to his liver already.  He's on tablets and special diet now and his liver function is improving. Vet says he could be with us for several more years, but to watch carefully for more lumps and to test liver function each month.

So, no more scotch whiskey, rich food or late nights for Mr. Bitey.  As for playing bridge, that's always been his sister's game.  She claims my lap when I'm playing computer bridge with the tablet.  Unlike Mr. Bitey, she doesn't like ThaiVisa because I always do that with the laptop, not the tablet.  My lap should be used by her, not the computer, if I'm sitting down.

Mr. Bitey isn't as active as he once was.  He's only 7 years old, but I guess those are city miles.  He's going grey in the tail and muzzle already.

Mr. Bitey with toy.jpg

OT here but I just wanted to commend you on your fine ownership of Mr. Bitey. The fact that vet's fees in Thailand are reasonable for most people helps. In America the procedure's you've described might cost several thousand dollars and some people might have to make very hard and sad choices. Fact is, a trip to the vet costs more than a trip to the doctor here now. Long live Mr. Bitey!

2 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

OT here but I just wanted to commend you on your fine ownership of Mr. Bitey. The fact that vet's fees in Thailand are reasonable for most people helps. In America the procedure's you've described might cost several thousand dollars and some people might have to make very hard and sad choices. Fact is, a trip to the vet costs more than a trip to the doctor here now. Long live Mr. Bitey!

Thank you for your kind words.  It never crossed our mind not to take care of Mr. Bitey (not his real name, incidentally, just his ThaiVisa handle), but now that you mention it, the initial surgery and meds was about 10,000 baht and then he had a difficult time coming out of the anesthesia when he returned home and had to spend another five days at the kitty hospital for another 5000 baht or so.  So I guess that even here in Thailand, some people would have to have made a sad choice, but here in Chiang Mai there is the option of taking him to CMU small animal clinic which would have been cheaper.  That's what my parents did when one of their cats developed the same tumor in a knee joint -- they drove 150 miles (one way) to take him to Michigan State University's small animal clinic for amputation and monthly follow-up.  He did very good for three years until he developed the same tumor in another knee joint.  A housecat can do great with three legs, but not two, sadly.

When the doctor told us the technical name of his condition, I googled it and realized it is the same tumor my parent's cat had.  I also looked at photos of cats online and was shocked at how big the tumor can get when on the back, soon engulfing the spine and nerves, making it inoperable.  When at the knee, it can grow so large that the animal can't walk.  Meanwhile, the cancer gets into the blood and spreads to the liver.  It's sad that people let this tumor grow to be so big on their pets.

Mr. Bitey's days of campaigning for me on ThaiVisa are over, but he does take special delight in terrorizing the Uber drivers during his many trips to and from the vet.  Amazingly, he's as vocal and nasty returning home from the vet as going.  Other pets we've had seem to realized "it's all over" and are calm on return trips.  

Fun fact about Uber software:  when the driver agrees to pick up someone, they have no clue as to the final destination.  This isn't revealed to them until the punch in that they have picked up the passenger.  That's when they groan, seeing that I'm carrying a plastic basket and the final destination is the vet.  So far, no Uber driver has turned me down, although a Grab taxi driver wanted me to put Mr. Bitey in the bed of his Hilux, on a day that was 38 deg, rather than inside in the aircon, so I don't use Grab taxi anymore. 

15 minutes ago, geronimo said:

Just heard that the 484,000 TV members who have yet to vote are all going to make their mark on the final day! Hope TV servers can cope .....

Absolutely correct, something always happens to my votes at the last minute...In 2015 I went to bed early at the final countdownsad-face.gif.c4c652c4a629a22decc737c8bdc2d390.gif.....