Half Thai, half Falang child joining the Thai Military

Rimkok

4 hours ago, samran said:

Not quite.

The army does not allow people to become officers if they were born to a foreign father. That rule still exists last I looked a few years ago. 

dual citizens are allowed to be MPs but there was for a time in the 90s a higher educational qualification (masters degree) put on those who where born to a foreign father.

that requirement was scrapped after a Supreme Court ruling on the matter so there is no additional barrier (above the normal requirements to be an MP) to a dual national (or specifically those born to a foreign father) serving as an MP, or I believe as minister or PM. 

I don't think I would want my son to be an MP.

Neither his Mum or I could stand the shame of it.

I would rather he became a pimp, at least that is an honest profession.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just asked my father in law (ex Army officer and now politician). He was just answering without looking into it. He said government official no problem. Politician no problem. Regarding army officer, he said yes that rule exists. However, if have a close family member who was an officer then the rule isn't applicable anymore. He said our son would have no problems becoming an officer (if passed the test), but advised against it anyway lol. 

Edited by wildewillie89