Forbidden fruit, Pattaya 2017

swissie

Just making sure, as I will be vacationing in Pattaya soon. The following has been ruled "illegal" recently AFIK. Hope I haven't missed anything:

- No more smoking on the beach.
- No more e-cigarettes.
- No more sex on beaches before midnight.
- No more cargo-pants. (can be used to transport contraband, like bulldozers, made in China).
- No more Farangs, wearing wigs, heavy gold chains and dark sunglasses after 2 AM.
- No more "Beer-Gardens" (see BKK sub-forum). Could this be extended to open-air "Bar-Beer's"? Open air Farang beer-guzzlers, poromoting and enticing Thai's to consume alcohol? That would be the next step, wouldn't it? Good heavens!

As I understand it, there is an entire Govt departement issuing laws, designed to improve morality in Thailand. The clean-up brigade.
I'd have a couple of suggestions for them:
- No more half naked Farangs, undermining the morals of Thailand's youth. (For starters: Within a radius of 200 meters of a school, dress code for Farangs will be: 3-piece suit plus bowler-hat).
- No more flirting with Thai-Ladies (the introduction of Feminism in Thailand is long overdue). Cat calls accross the street "Hello sexy man, I want to go with you" = a thing of the past!
- Farangs, freely walking around and getting into trouble? No more! Have them walk in groups behind a designated tour-guide, waving a little flag ahead of them, so they will not get lost in uncharted waters. Everything under control and we will still get their money, one way or the other.

All a bit far fetched, right? I am not so sure anymore. I have reached a stage, where nothing can surprise me anymore, once I set foot on Thai soil.
The nice thing about it is: I can still spend my winter-months in Thailand/Pattaya, BUT I DON'T HAVE TO.
Cheers.

Never fear. None of this applies to quality tourists, none of whom would indulge, or even be remotely interested, in any of the things you have noted. Scumbags like you and me will have to change our ways or go home. 

The TAT Authority will soon be tasked with a new priority for FITs (free independent western travellers) wishing to holiday in Thailand.

The "Send your money but don't turn up tour" is already being hailed by the Government as the best solution to the curse of "Falangs" disturbing Thainess within Thai society while still maintaining the benefits of the Tourism Industry. 

All funds will be sent to and managed by Gen @***** for the benefit of the whole Country.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

19 minutes ago, peterrabbit said:

The TAT Authority will soon be tasked with a new priority for FITs (free independent western travellers) wishing to holiday in Thailand.

The "Send your money but don't turn up tour" is already being hailed by the Government as the best solution to the curse of "Falangs" disturbing Thainess within Thai society while still maintaining the benefits of the Tourism Industry. 

All funds will be sent to and managed by Gen @***** for the benefit of the whole Country.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Don't worry about the tourism, TAT already took care of that by announcing record-breaking tourist numbers for 2017, so there ya go! everything fixed by that little statement by TAT.

3 hours ago, peterrabbit said:

But then you've completely changed and distorted the meaning of FIT to achieve this little bash. Just another indication that TVF Posters absolutely insist on believing the lie that all Chinese, for example, must be members of organized tour groups traveling w/ the tour. Such is narrative for TVF Pattaya, as opposed to real Pattaya.

3 hours ago, AlQaholic said:

Don't worry about the tourism, TAT already took care of that by announcing record-breaking tourist numbers for 2017, so there ya go! everything fixed by that little statement by TAT.

Dear me. I seem to have missed that announcement. Where was it exactly?

The demographic that sits on a bar stool most of the day, smokes cigarettes while at the beach, and whinges about responsible behavior is not valuable to Thailand's tourism sector. No one cares if they go elsewhere.  

To those who  gripe, be gone. And to them I say, bring on the enforcement. Cane their buttocks in public with a rattan stick as they do In Malaysia and Singapore. Cure them of their deviancy, for they are wicked and possessed of  vice and sinful ways.

I

23 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

Dear me. I seem to have missed that announcement. Where was it exactly?

It is a requirement that the western men who wear thongs, speedos , banana hammocks, and string bikini bottoms must attend to their personal grooming. It is  now absolutely forbidden for the morbidly obese to wear such items of clothing.

3 hours ago, grumbleweed said:

...and no more meaningless inane  threads that distract people from intellectually stimulating topics, as is the trademark of this forum, is long overdue. Invoking article 44 and  ordering people to think before they post should do it 

And no more mind numbing GIF avatars while you're at it!

...I feel better now, ahh!

2 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

The demographic that sits on a bar stool most of the day, smokes cigarettes while at the beach, and whinges about responsible behavior is not valuable to Thailand's tourism sector. No one cares if they go elsewhere.  

To those who  gripe, be gone. And to them I say, bring on the enforcement. Cane their buttocks in public with a rattan stick as they do In Malaysia and Singapore. Cure them of their deviancy, for they are wicked and possessed of  vice and sinful ways.

I

Ala snack bar!

12 hours ago, Dexlowe said:

Never fear. None of this applies to quality tourists, none of whom would indulge, or even be remotely interested, in any of the things you have noted. Scumbags like you and me will have to change our ways or go home. 

Maybe you should apply for a job at TAT planning office.  The management would love you way of thinking.

I live in BKk. Just finished a month tour of Thailand north and south and found the Thai people very polite and kind and the only crap I ever hear about Thailand is from TVF posters. Hard to believe some of you guys can’t see the greatness of this country. It is all around you.  Not perfect but pretty damn good for expats. The sky is not falling chicken little. 

45 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

I live in BKk. Just finished a month tour of Thailand north and south and found the Thai people very polite and kind and the only crap I ever hear about Thailand is from TVF posters. Hard to believe some of you guys can’t see the greatness of this country. It is all around you.  Not perfect but pretty damn good for expats. The sky is not falling chicken little. 

The longer you live here, and the more language you learn, and the more you interact with locals, the less you like it.

The dishonesty, corruption and scams aren't obvious to many n00bs.

Even the x10 entrance fees for foreigners gets old very quickly.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

10 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

... To those who  gripe, be gone. And to them I say, bring on the enforcement. Cane their buttocks in public with a rattan stick as they do In Malaysia and Singapore. Cure them of their deviancy, for they are wicked and possessed of  vice and sinful ways.

I can't decide whether you are the new Messiah, or just a very naughty boy.

16 hours ago, Wake Up said:

LOL. Depends upon one's standards. If one lives in a cold water flat and considers Mama noodles home cooking, then I can certainly see your point. "Greatness". Now that's an adjective I don't often see used in  the country.  It's nice that you are delighted. That's all that matters isn't it? Best of luck, and enjoy Bangkok's flowing sewage and flooded streets during monsoon season.

On 12/19/2017 at 3:58 AM, Kadilo said:

"The nice thing about it is: I can still spend my winter-months in Thailand/Pattaya, BUT I DON'T HAVE TO."

Cheers.

And guess what??......... NO ONE CARES

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

A LITTLE HARSH on the poor fellow just stating what many already feel is a decline .... 

19 hours ago, Wake Up said:

yes you are correct , but please remember a very high  percentage of expat's reading your words are forever strapped in and seat belted into their favorite watering hole stools . they see nothing past the bar-backs mirror  , nor want to . but that is ok also . 

Edited by mikiea

Nothing has changed in Pattaya, business as usual, don't listen to the whingers. You can still have a sexy lady sitting on your knees and that is what life is all about in Pattaya. [emoji41]

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 12:09 PM, geriatrickid said:

It is a requirement that the western men who wear thongs, speedos , banana hammocks, and string bikini bottoms must attend to their personal grooming. It is  now absolutely forbidden for the morbidly obese to wear such items of clothing.

You missed fat western women going topless on the beaches ( slim good looking ones OK though ). An horrific sight on Samui last time I went there.

9 hours ago, balo said:

Nothing has changed in Pattaya, business as usual, don't listen to the whingers. You can still have a sexy lady sitting on your knees and that is what life is all about in Pattaya. emoji41.png

Ahhh Balo. You made my day. Knowing that nothing has changed puts my mind at ease. I will be embarking on my winter-holiday in Pattaya in a relaxed state of mind soon.

I was afraid, I would have to run the gauntlet being pestered by Jehova's Witnesses an Hare Krishna folks, shoving pamphlets down my throat, designed to keep me from persuing my wicked ways and cop's wanting to look at my (original) Passport on 100 meter intervals.
Now I know how to spell relief. You deserve a cigar!
Cheers. 

On 12/19/2017 at 5:28 PM, MaeJoMTB said:

The longer you live here, and the more language you learn, and the more you interact with locals, the less you like it.

No, I've lived here quite a long time and still quite like it. Gettin' ready to meet a friend for for brekkie and later hit one of the daytime go-gos. :smile: Learning a bit of the language makes things much nicer, too--I mean, as long as you're pleasant, not merely bashing Thais and Thailand in Thai. But what you know, you need to be sure you're pronouncing correctly.

Notwithstanding the infestation of whingers, cynics, and rabid bashers on the forum, most of us are pretty happy living in our cesspool. There's actually lots more to do here than, you know, just drinkin' and enjoyin' soapies and threesomes all the time—which ain't too bad, come down to it. Relevant threads: When boredom starts to rule the day, I Love Pattaya, and Why live in Pattaya?.

Remember, for every Pattaya detractor, there are a thousand Brits living in council estates dreaming of how they might possibly live here permanently.

The dishonesty, corruption and scams aren't obvious to many n00bs.

And then when they aren't noobs they know how to avoid them. Those are mostly issues for our TVF keyboard warriors, some of whom are plagued with the dreaded Whither Thailand and Whither Pattaya space monkeys. This, the biggest danger, is what's so not obvious to noobs, so they should be warned, eh? Once those brain-eaters invade, best thing to do is leave. One of our venerable members finally did so and is much, much happier now back in dear ol' blighty. :smile:

Even the x10 entrance fees for foreigners gets old very quickly.

But by that time you've been there, seen that, and have found other things to do--see above threads cited.

Edited by JSixpack