Possible Problem with Non B WP only 6 Months

I work in the Marine Industry my WP has just been renewed through my Lawyers office instead of 12 months date was May only 6 months . When I asked why it was to do with Boats Registration papers and they said they will renew again by the due date and charge me half price so I am only paying the same cost . I am due to go to Penang for my Non B Multi Entry before 1st February 2018 with less than 6 months on my WP ? A friend has told me you need at least 8 months on a WP to apply for my Non B Multi Entry again. ? I have already paid for flights and hotel for Penang for my Non B months ago on a non refundable basis . My Lawyer does not seem to be aware of a possible problem if the 8 months is correct and when I asked she told me to do a Visa Run a week before 1st February ?  My WP has renew 25/05/2018 / My Non B Multi Entry 01/02/2018 and I have a stamp from my last Visa Run admitted until 18th February . Do I have a problem as do not want to waste 3 days in Penang to be denied my Non B . Thank you for any advice .

3 minutes ago, pearciderman said:

As of the New Year, Penang will only issue multi-entry Non-B visas to owners, directors and shareholders of a company, so you might, (if you don't fit that criteria), have to think of another plan.

Do you have anything to support what you posted.

There have been many reports of Penang issuing a multiple entry non-b visa to people working for a company.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Do you have anything to support what you posted.

There have been many reports of Penang issuing a multiple entry non-b visa to people working for a company.

Jim Tachinamurthy posted it on Facebook last night. And he is well in the know about that place.

"Hello my friends welcome to Thailand. Another bad news for work permit holders, from next week only directors,owners and shareholders with work permit can get 1 year multiple entry the rest only 3 months visa. Sorry but this starts from next week"

1 hour ago, Lola Bear said:

I am due to go to Penang for my Non B Multi Entry before 1st February 2018 with less than 6 months on my WP ? A friend has told me you need at least 8 months on a WP to apply for my Non B Multi Entry again. ? I have already paid for flights and hotel for Penang for my Non B months ago on a non refundable basis .

As far as i know Penang will want at least 8 months remaining on a work permit to issue a multiple entry non-b visa.

Perhaps contact one of the agents in Penang to confirm.

Jim is my Visa Agent in Penang that I have always used . I have been told by my Lawyer to do a visa run instead and they will apply for my WP again with 12 months on it . I am just an employee in the Company . Thank you for confirming that Penang will require 8 months remaining on WP. 3 Months visa still a Non B ?

1 hour ago, Lola Bear said:

Jim is my Visa Agent in Penang that I have always used . I have been told by my Lawyer to do a visa run instead and they will apply for my WP again with 12 months on it . I am just an employee in the Company . Thank you for confirming that Penang will require 8 months remaining on WP. 3 Months visa still a Non B ?

I suggest you speak to Jim before you travel. He's reporting that as from next week, unless your a Director, owner or shareholder, no more me Non B visas will be issued anywhere in Malaysia.

5 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

I suggest you speak to Jim before you travel. He's reporting that as from next week, unless your a Director, owner or shareholder, no more me Non B visas will be issued anywhere in Malaysia.

That is NOT what he is reporting, he is saying that only a single entry Non-B will be issued unless you are a director, owner or shareholder.

3 hours ago, Lola Bear said:

Yes it's a Single entry B valid 90 days only.

52 minutes ago, Metapod said:

wow i hope not. that will be an enormous pain in the ass.

The idea is that once you start work you convert the single entry to an extension of stay so you do 3 monthly reports to Imm'.

Managers directors etc it seems can still get a multi entry.  My take on that is that they are expected to travel more and may be in and out of Thailand regularly whereas your normal joe working will be in the same place continually.

2 hours ago, overherebc said:

The idea is that once you start work you convert the single entry to an extension of stay so you do 3 monthly reports to Imm'.

Managers directors etc it seems can still get a multi entry.  My take on that is that they are expected to travel more and may be in and out of Thailand regularly whereas your normal joe working will be in the same place continually.

Something the OP never mentioned,  are you married or single? If married you can get a multi entry O visa and a WP based on the multi O.

Be prepared for your company/lawyer to say you can't, but, you can, fact. I've been doing it for years.

To support a WP the requirement is a 'non-immigrant visa O or B.'

Edited by overherebc

Im planning to go Penang for get 1 year multi nonb visa. Im the owner.

But my WP expires at april 27. Today i came to extend it but they said they dont extend before last month. Still have a chance to get 1 year or i will have to get 3 months?

19 minutes ago, denizao said:

Im planning to go Penang for get 1 year multi nonb visa. Im the owner.

But my WP expires at april 27. Today i came to extend it but they said they dont extend before last month. Still have a chance to get 1 year or i will have to get 3 months?

The way I read it owner ( of company ) shreholders, managers etc should still be able to get a one year multi entry in Penang.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, overherebc said:

The way I read it owner ( of company ) shreholders, managers etc should still be able to get a one year multi entry in Penang.

I confused a bit. I understand that for multi have to be owner, and must have min 8 months wp. Hope only being owner is enough.

22 minutes ago, denizao said:

I confused a bit. I understand that for multi have to be owner, and must have min 8 months wp. Hope only being owner is enough.

To be honest it does seem confusing. 

Must have 8 months on WP to get a multi entry visa.

From what I am aware your WP is not directly tied to how  long your visa is valid for, so, if your present multi visa is still valid when you apply to renew your work permit you should get a one year work permit. You can then as owner go to Penang with your WP and apply for another one year multi entry visa.

If I'm not correct on that then I'm happy to be corrected.

Edited by overherebc
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, overherebc said:

To be honest it does seem confusing. 

Must have 8 months on WP to get a multi entry visa.

From what I am aware your WP is not directly tied to how  long your visa is valid for, so, if your present multi visa is still valid when you apply to renew your work permit you should get a one year work permit. You can then as owner go to Penang with your WP and apply for another one year multi entry visa.

If I'm not correct on that then I'm happy to be corrected.

I went to extend WP but they said "You can extend WP last 30 days before WP expires. You still have more than 4 months so can not extend." 

13 minutes ago, denizao said:

I went to extend WP but they said "You can extend WP last 30 days before WP expires. You still have more than 4 months so can not extend." 

That is the normal situation.

When does your visa expire?

Edited by overherebc

25 minutes ago, overherebc said:

That is the normal situation.

When does your visa expire?

I had 1 year extension from CW ends 27th december and 7days extend for go to get new visa until 3rd January 2018.

Ps: They checked only WP. Didnt even check passport and visa.

Edited by denizao

37 minutes ago, denizao said:

I had 1 year extension from CW ends 27th december and 7days extend for go to get new visa until 3rd January 2018.

Ps: They checked only WP. Didnt even check passport and visa.

Can you not renew the one year extension?

PS.

It's not officially a visa it's just an extension of permission to stay.

?

Married or single? You can get a WP on married extension or married multi 0

Edited by overherebc

2 hours ago, overherebc said:

Can you not renew the one year extension?

PS.

It's not officially a visa it's just an extension of permission to stay.

?

Married or single? You can get a WP on married extension or married multi 0

Im not married.

I had single visa + 1 year extension and couldnt get 1 more year extension cos of lack of document and 1 month late payment of taxes. I got 7 days extension to go Penang. I have to leave on 3rd and seems i can only hope to get lucky :) 

Thanks for answers.

2 hours ago, pearciderman said:

I would think that the owner/director/shareholder rule is in ADDITION to the well established 8 months remaining on your WP rule.

No it isn't. Unless your a company owner, Director or shareholder, Malaysia will now not issue anymore ME Non B visas. You will have to apply for the 12 month extension route via Thai Immigration.

Edited by Lovethailandelite

29 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

No it isn't. Unless your a company owner, Director or shareholder, Malaysia will now not issue anymore ME Non B visas. You will have to apply for the 12 month extension route via Thai Immigration.

You have misunderstood my post, I am saying that in addition to being an owner, director or share holder, you must also have 8 months remaining on your WP to get a ME Non-B. Everyone else who does not fulfil those criteria will only be issued a single entry Non-B.