Thais working abroad prone to exploitation

rooster59

On 12/23/2017 at 9:41 AM, darksidedog said:

Hmmm! Thailand complaining about their people overseas being treated badly. I might have a bit more sympathy were it not for the way Cambodian and Burmese are regularly treated here.

Exactly, I thought so too. They should show they have treated foreign workers well first before saying they were exploited or badly treated.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, rodknock said:

why not exploit thais over seas, they exploit all farangs in Thailands.

monkey see,monkey do.

so be it.

who is exploiting you? i think there may be organisations that can assist you. i'm a farang and have never been exploited by any thai person in thailand or anywhere else

9 minutes ago, NCFC said:

When my wife came to the UK all the Thai restaurants would pay less than minimum wage. The worst exploitation was from other Thais. When she moved job to a farang owned restaurant she got more than minimum plus a proper written contract and paid holidays

Sent from my G7-L01 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You do know that they can (and should) be forced to make good the shortfall?

On 12/23/2017 at 3:34 AM, mikebell said:

I envy you.  Sattahip cop arriving ten minutes later, decided I was at fault for allowing two Thai tearaways to crash into my stationary car at 90kph.  If I didn't pay he would confiscate my passport; would make getting my next visa difficult.  His verdict cost me about 80K + my wife pawned her gold to pay him under the table.

Police have no power to confiscate your passport, It's not yours its your Governments, that would be an international incident.