People having such a disappointing Boxing day that they are hanging out on TVF.

thaibeachlovers

32 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Seems that 316 members and 2,019 guests have so little to do on Boxing Day that they are spending time on TVF.

Anyway, have a nice one :wai:.

Or we are back home with family,  it's 7:50am (UK time) kids got up early to play with Christmas presents and after reading the news we checked in to ThaiVisa.com......

Our presence on this forum at various times is not an indication of nothing else to do... it's an indication of having some spare time. For me it's the calm before the storm, this morning it's the calm before the 'bubble & squeak', before the floor is strewn with yesterday's presents and I'm dodging Nerf bullets and stepping over Lego...

Happy Boxing Day....

Edited by richard_smith237

I am in shivering Blighty and it is way too cold to set foot out the front door, so TVF is the only option other than watching shitty TV. Yesterday was fun, with the normal Oliver, Dumbo, and other annually repeated rot that comes out each Xmas for our "entertainment." TVF may not be the most exciting thing on the planet, but it is at least a little more original than other options here.

Seasons greetings, to all the other poor posters out there, who are also reduced to being on line. :smile:

When on holiday/weekends always in contact with my family in Thailand through the day on messenger so have TVisa open too.

Also arranging my usual donation to Billy Hill on todays football, first A league game starts shortly :smile:

Happy boxing day guys 

Yup - boring boxing day.  We were both sick yesterday and my boyfriend has a severe case of intestinal hurry, so no going out!!!  Bah

For those who are unaware what boxing day is, it is from a time when the poorer people used to visit the grand houses with a box to collect money in for services rendered over the past year.

18 minutes ago, Nurseynutcase said:

Yup - boring boxing day.  We were both sick yesterday and my boyfriend has a severe case of intestinal hurry, so no going out!!!  Bah

For those who are unaware what boxing day is, it is from a time when the poorer people used to visit the grand houses with a box to collect money in for services rendered over the past year.

Could make for an interesting day in the 'resort' areas if that tradition was adopted in Thailand :smile:

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

I am in shivering Blighty and it is way too cold to set foot out the front door, so TVF is the only option other than watching shitty TV. Yesterday was fun, with the normal Oliver, Dumbo, and other annually repeated rot that comes out each Xmas for our "entertainment." TVF may not be the most exciting thing on the planet, but it is at least a little more original than other options here.

Seasons greetings, to all the other poor posters out there, who are also reduced to being on line. :smile:

Not much difference here in Patts at the moment, raining, cloudy and a miserable 23 degrees, admittedly not as cold as the UK but you get my drift, I'm off out to my local shortly for a bit of scran and try my luck in the Christmas raffle :burp: Have a good Christmas and New Year in sunny blighty :biggrin: 

Edited by Golden Triangle

19 minutes ago, BuaBS said:

For some people Xmas & that second day you call boxing day don't mean sh_t. Glad to be in Thailand where the Thai don't care about it either. 2 normal days with shops open and a nice temperature !

I must admit there is a slight imbalance as Thai business attempts to take advantage of the commercial side of Christmas while the kids are going to school on Christmas day and Boxing day.

1 hour ago, Nurseynutcase said:

Just read up in it - thank you...

The Philippines has a holiday like that....The needy & less fortunate knock on the gates of the compounds of the rich with their hands out....

By custom they are offered "tea" and bread/biscuit/cookies while they sit, visit and spin their tail of

woe/plight = quite literally with their hands extended....Some can take up to an hour or more per visit counting on "rush" money as people queue up at the different estates......

Same route/people every year.....

People come and go all day to receive "donations".....

Lovely in spirit but weary(ing) throughout the day.....

All are greeted & treated with respect, as a valued guest......

Seems to be somewhat the same as the original Boxing day.....

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Seems that 316 members and 2,019 guests have so little to do on Boxing Day that they are spending time on TVF.

I even see one who has the time to survey how many are spending time on TVF.

Must be a really boring life.

Oh, and I'm not British, so boxing day doesn't mean anything to me.