Upset people

KhunMhee

47 minutes ago, Shoeless Joe said:

And so you have to prove the point being made with your inane response...

Joe

No. it looks like YOU proved the point with your "ass-inane response".....now get out your brolly and sing along

Edited by torrzent

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, KhunMhee said:

I have seen that. Some people seem to have an on going banter that follows them from thread to thread. That's not the type I was trying to get to answer. Though there are some seriously funny comments from the old posters I just wish I had been around for long enough to catch what the other stuff might have meant. I am trying to get the seriously upset people to post. Maybe just talking about stuff might get a few to feel better or such. Might help elevate the posting mood in other threads 

so you confess to baiting....ooops I fell for it!

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

You are going to get a lot of responses, when the grumpy brigade get out of their pit and read it.  You are right of course.  So many here and on other forums seem bitter and twisted and everything about Thailand and the Thai people  seems to send them into a rage.  I have no idea why they are here or what they expect from life, but I guess that you find these people everywhere and forums like this  just attract their comments because they have nothing better to do to occupy them. They also get a response, which is attention and what they are after.  

Perhaps a lot of the "grumpies" fell in love with the very different and much more loveable LOS that existed some years ago, and committed themselves to living here, only for the dream to sour, as LOS changed, or they married the wrong woman etc etc etc.

For some of us, we know the dream is over and we have to return to a place we love less, or not at all, and knowing that poisons all.

For myself, the dream is gone, swept away by greed and too many tourists ruining the beaches, coupled with a bad choice of woman, but it's still better here than the alternative location.

However, I don't get in a rage about the Thai people. Any mistakes I made were my own fault, but it could have been so different...............................

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Perhaps a lot of the "grumpies" fell in love with the very different and much more loveable LOS that existed some years ago, and committed themselves to living here, only for the dream to sour, as LOS changed, or they married the wrong woman etc etc etc.

For some of us, we know the dream is over and we have to return to a place we love less, or not at all, and knowing that poisons all.

For myself, the dream is gone, swept away by greed and too many tourists ruining the beaches, coupled with a bad choice of woman, but it's still better here than the alternative location.

However, I don't get in a rage about the Thai people. Any mistakes I made were my own fault, but it could have been so different...............................

or maybe they were under the illusion that they were so handsome and don't need to provide anything to the missus or any family members,  no support, no house , no car, no money, no nothing ....   lol

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Maybe we should name and shame negative grumpy people once they post then it would die out. Good idea?

You mean stalk them? Against forum rules. Flame them- same.

Here's a thought, put them on ignore.

BTW, if all the posters YOU dislike were banned, TVF would be so boring that it would probably cease to exist as everyone moved to different forums.

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:
1 hour ago, KhunMhee said:
I just wonder why it's so negative. Though I am happy to hear it's not elsewhere. Maybe people just need a venue to vent on here. A vent / rant sub forum with an enter at your own risk warning might cheer some up.

I think the negativity makes people negative so self perpetuating

I'm not sure it's that as much as the negativity repels most well adjusted folks, and sooner or later the happy ones are all on other forums and all that's left here are the negative ones.

Grumpy as I am, I only keep tuning in for the occasional worthwhile tidbits that pop up among all the detritus.  Still, it's getting harder and harder to weed through the crap to find the nuggets.  Some days, it's not worth it at all.  An occasional rant is fine.  But it often goes way beyond that.

Edited by impulse

Most people stick with behavior patterns that have successfully provided the results they want.....

Whether it's happy & optimistic, or woe is me, whining, crying, loud, soft, demanding, helpless, sour, or negative....

Happy & optimistic just seem to bump along - they don't need to subjugate others.....

Most of the negative behaviors employed are used to manipulate others......The problem with negative is it sours, jades, & drives others away - over time it's just a miserable slow self punishing behavior that leaves nobody happy....

Chances are these folks were that way long before they arrived to these sunny shores.....Also a safe bet their other personal habits are equally as unwell.....

Why would they wish to display their misery on an anonymous forum? As they say "misery loves company" - guess they just can't help it....

28 minutes ago, greatwhitenorth said:

Some people aren t happy unless they  aren t  happy

The Duke of Wellington apparently made the comment that he wasn't worried that his troops moaned; but he was concerned when they didn't.

What the people that moan about people that moan don't get is that moaning is an outlet for bad feelings, and if unhappy people have no outlet for their feelings they tend to go postal.

some are grumpy because they were under the belief that they didn't have to give the family any support at all .... hence the wife left, or they are grumpy because they don't like the way Thailand is governed.

For many here ... Thailand is the best and they couldn't be happier,  for some ... well ....   some you can't please no matter what.  IMO

7 minutes ago, impulse said:

I'm not sure it's that as much as the negativity repels most well adjusted folks, and sooner or later the happy ones are all on other forums and all that's left here are the negative ones.

Grumpy as I am, I only keep tuning in for the occasional worthwhile tidbits that pop up among all the detritus.  Still, it's getting harder and harder to weed through the crap to find the nuggets.  Some days, it's not worth it at all.  An occasional rant is fine.  But it often goes way beyond that.

LOL. There are certain threads on TVF that are just one long and continuous moan/ rant about a certain individual. It's got so bad some of those posters carry the vitriol over to every thread they post on.

So bad that even some of us "grumpies" will not post on those threads anymore.

15 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

One of the more honest comments I've read on TV.  Wish other expats could be as honest and sincere.  Unfortunately, many are miserable and obsessed with blaming others.  Rock on.

Let's be honest if it was all positive back slapping ain't life great vomit inducing stuff all the time, it would soon get boring. 

Agreed some people would argue with themself if no one is about but there are ways to avoid/ignore if it bothers you that much. 

It's no different to any annonymous forum on any subject on the net. 

You mean stalk them? Against forum rules. Flame them- same.

Here's a thought, put them on ignore.

BTW, if all the posters YOU dislike were banned, TVF would be so boring that it would probably cease to exist as everyone moved to different forums.

No, i leave stalking for others, i was meaning someone does the predictable negative post then the reply only needs to "Grumpy and negative" for example.

Other forums are better, I'm only here because of slightly more content and the visa stuff, but i noticed this thread

Some of the grumpies have real writers talent, it would be boring without them. They give color and dimension to this forum. Sometimes predictable like JT but most of them are on TV for so long they became part of the cast.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

37 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Some are upset, some are mean and rude,

...some are sour and bitter,

...and others could be just sharing their opinions which is what a forum is ultimately for ?

Exactly.

Those who have lived here a few years 'know' the good and bad sides to living in Thailand, although (of course) everyone differs as to the positive and negative aspects!

Far better IMO if they vent on TV - rather than bending my ear about it in real life :laugh:!

I've also noticed that 'ex-pats' sometimes reach the point of overload, which (unsuprisingly) results in every minor issue being turned into something to complain about.

1 hour ago, pgrahmm said:

Most people stick with behavior patterns that have successfully provided the results they want.....

Whether it's happy & optimistic, or woe is me, whining, crying, loud, soft, demanding, helpless, sour, or negative....

Happy & optimistic just seem to bump along - they don't need to subjugate others.....

Most of the negative behaviors employed are used to manipulate others......The problem with negative is it sours, jades, & drives others away - over time it's just a miserable slow self punishing behavior that leaves nobody happy....

Chances are these folks were that way long before they arrived to these sunny shores.....Also a safe bet their other personal habits are equally as unwell.....

Why would they wish to display their misery on an anonymous forum? As they say "misery loves company" - guess they just can't help it....

Well put and well thought out. I guess that there will not be much trying to help lighten up then though. It's a form of habit and thus will likely stay. Shame though constructive criticism goes so much further might loosen the upset enough to see life is not all doom and gloom. 

31 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Exactly.

Those who have lived here a few years 'know' the good and bad sides to living in Thailand, although (of course) everyone differs as to the positive and negative aspects!

Far better IMO if they vent on TV - rather than bending my ear about it in real life :laugh:!

I've also noticed that 'ex-pats' sometimes reach the point of overload, which (unsuprisingly) results in every minor issue being turned into something to complain about.

Seems that last line is the absolute truth. Everyone asks at what point will these people go, I guess I would ask at what point will people accept that change is real. If not we would all be hunters while the women folk clean the cave.

On the bright side no Sin Sod. Just pick a cave lady you like bonk her on the head and drag back to your cave. Also no need to do the rat-race to make money to have a good life. Hmmm did we evolve or de-evolve.....

In direct response to the OP negativity and being bitter do not necessarily go hand in hand. The fact you have this view is in my opnion a negativity you have.

From my perspective i feel negative about Thailand because  it is a country i loved spending time in that i feel is in a state of decline.  My negativity is about disappointment not bitterness !

I am lucky and i am not tied to Thailand but  do feel for  those who are tied to the country and like me see a decline in their surroundings. I can understand their anguish which is probably exacerbated by the happy everything is perfect Posters regularly telling us how superior they are because they are positive.

Edited by Gruff

In direct response to the OP negativity and being bitter do not necessarily go hand in hand. The fact you have this view is in my opnion a negativity you have.

From my perspective i feel negative about Thailand because  it is a country i loved spending time in that i feel is in a state of decline.  My negativity is about disappointment not bitterness !

I am lucky and i am not tied to Thailand but  do feel for  those who are tied to the country and like me see a decline in their surroundings. I can understand their anguish which is probably exacerbated by the happy everything is perfect Posters regularly telling us how superior they are because they are positive.
Everyone knows its best to avoid negative people in real life, same here

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
9 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Well Trans does....:thumbsup:

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:
8 minutes ago, Gruff said:

I agree with you but negative opnions in some topics dont make a person 'negative across the board'.