Pattaya court sentences man to life imprisonment for killing three people

webfact

Man who killed three people was given life imprisonment

By Thai PBS

PattayaCourt.jpg

The Pattaya provincial court on Wednesday (Dec 27) handed down life imprisonment on 19-year old man for killing two children and their nanny at a house in Bang Lamung district, Chon Buri, three years ago.

The convict was identified as Prachak Masawaeng, 19 and the tragedy took place on January 11, 2014.

According to police account, Prachak was drinking at a food shop in front of the house of Mrs Wilaiwan Liberman in Bang Lamung district as he was waiting for his girlfriend.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/man-who-killed-three-people-was-given-life-imprisonment/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-12-28

"The court initially sentenced Prachak to death for the triple murder, but commuted the sentence to life for his confession."

The guy should be staked out naked next an ant hill with honey poured all over his bodily orifices & also his genitals.

Edited by jaywalker

WOW!  A result published!

So often we hear about the crimes but never hear anything further. I have noticed that several court out comes have been published recently including the sons of police officers who killed the disabled man.

Is this a change in newspaper policy?

19 minutes ago, Chang_paarp said:

WOW!  A result published!

So often we hear about the crimes but never hear anything further. I have noticed that several court out comes have been published recently including the sons of police officers who killed the disabled man.

Is this a change in newspaper policy?

I noticed that also.

The bottom lines in many of the tragedies befalling people is excessive alcohol

consumption and loss of all faculties and self control that bring many

to commit despicable crimes or in involve in horrendous accidents,

what can be done about it? not much really, this is one of society biggest

shortcomings together with the use of drugs....

This Guy was only 16 years old and drunk when he committed these stupid crimes. From this story it is ovious that these murders were not "Premeditated Murders". He went over there to use the telephone, but when opportunity presented itself, he carried out these terrible crimes to the fullest. A very foolish and stupid act. 

So considering his age and mental state at the time of these crimes, and his full confession later, Life in Prison seems an appropiate sentence for him. But whether he got Life in Prison, or the Death Penalty, his life is ruined at the tender age of 19 years old. That should be enough to satisfy anyone.  

If you read this story in the Nation you will see that he was already wanted, in another province, for a string of offences including Attempted murder, and Theft. If the police had done their job and arrested him for those offences then three innocent youngsters would not have lost their lives.

This guy is an absolute scumbag and should never be allowed out of prison.

3 hours ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

This Guy was only 16 years old and drunk when he committed these stupid crimes. From this story it is ovious that these murders were not "Premeditated Murders". He went over there to use the telephone, but when opportunity presented itself, he carried out these terrible crimes to the fullest. A very foolish and stupid act. 

So considering his age and mental state at the time of these crimes, and his full confession later, Life in Prison seems an appropiate sentence for him. But whether he got Life in Prison, or the Death Penalty, his life is ruined at the tender age of 19 years old. That should be enough to satisfy anyone.  

You need to read the report in the BP as that gives far more detail. It took place in Paradise Hill 2 housing estate in East Pattaya with the two young boys being Thai-American. That is quite close to where I stay and, as I also have two sons, although older than the victims, it does make it more of a personal issue to me.

He was 19yo at the time of the slayings, so no consideration for his age please, and was also on the run from attempted murder charges elsewhere.

The guy was just evil and the death penalty would have been too good for him.

8 hours ago, greatwhitenorth said:

A shame that they don t still use capital punishment as a deterrent in Thailand any more.  

Waste of skin. 

Chances are good he will serve 10 years hen be pardoned - I hope h crosses paths with a relative of the people he killed and the proper retribution dealt out in prison.  Or he refuses the amorous lifer 'Bubba' and is dealt with.

56 minutes ago, peterrabbit said:

If you read this story in the Nation you will see that he was already wanted, in another province, for a string of offences including Attempted murder, and Theft. If the police had done their job and arrested him for those offences then three innocent youngsters would not have lost their lives.

This guy is an absolute scumbag and should never be allowed out of prison.

Yes real scumbag and death penalty is only thing this guy deserves but I really want to know more about his family because they are to blame too no education for they babies 

11 hours ago, greatwhitenorth said:

A shame that they don t still use capital punishment as a deterrent in Thailand any more.  

Waste of skin. 

I think it has been proved since since time began death as a punishment nether stopped man killing man...

Taking the death sentence as the ultimate punishment how do you take into account mitigating circumstances, age, mental state, co operation, etc.?

3 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Chances are good he will serve 10 years hen be pardoned - I hope h crosses paths with a relative of the people he killed and the proper retribution dealt out in prison.  Or he refuses the amorous lifer 'Bubba' and is dealt with.

What Thailand needs is a prisoner education system and a parole board, instead of automatic sentence reductions because it is a special day. 

4 hours ago, dabhand said:

You need to read the report in the BP as that gives far more detail. It took place in Paradise Hill 2 housing estate in East Pattaya with the two young boys being Thai-American. That is quite close to where I stay and, as I also have two sons, although older than the victims, it does make it more of a personal issue to me.

He was 19yo at the time of the slayings, so no consideration for his age please, and was also on the run from attempted murder charges elsewhere.

The guy was just evil and the death penalty would have been too good for him.

I don't know what you were reading but this article says he is 19 years old now and was convicted of a crime that took place 3 years ago. That makes him 16 years old when the crime took place. Two other news papers say the same and one other says he was 19 years old when he turned himself in. So who is right? 

But I think we would both agree that these murders was not something he planned a long time or for financial gains. More likely he lost his cool when he was not allowed to call his girlfriend he was angry with and also drinking to much. When finding himself alone with this woman he snapped and went crazy. 

I am not defending him or his actions in any shape or form. But if he was only 16 years old at the time of these murders, or even 19 now, that places him rather young. In Canada, and many other places, he could not even been giving Life In Prison for being a Young Offender if he was under 18 years of age when these crime took place. I don't really approve of that either but I do think Life In a Thai Prison at age 19 is punishment enough.  

56 minutes ago, Basil B said:

What Thailand needs is a prisoner education system and a parole board, instead of automatic sentence reductions because it is a special day. 

Unfortunatley all of these things cost money, which Thailand obviously doesn't have for this and for there over crowded prisons. I am more in favour of keeping them out of prison and trying to change them before they continue a life of crime. 

For Young Offenders headed down the road of no return I am in favour of a 4 year stink in some special army. There they can serve a purpose and there country and perhaps learn some of the discipline they lacked at home. Why go after the good kids who want to work and raise a family instead of being draftd in the army when you got guys like this running around?   

1 hour ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

I don't know what you were reading but this article says he is 19 years old now and was convicted of a crime that took place 3 years ago. That makes him 16 years old when the crime took place. Two other news papers say the same and one other says he was 19 years old when he turned himself in. So who is right? 

But I think we would both agree that these murders was not something he planned a long time or for financial gains. More likely he lost his cool when he was not allowed to call his girlfriend he was angry with and also drinking to much. When finding himself alone with this woman he snapped and went crazy. 

I am not defending him or his actions in any shape or form. But if he was only 16 years old at the time of these murders, or even 19 now, that places him rather young. In Canada, and many other places, he could not even been giving Life In Prison for being a Young Offender if he was under 18 years of age when these crime took place. I don't really approve of that either but I do think Life In a Thai Prison at age 19 is punishment enough.  

I mentioned where I had picked up on his current age - it was the BP who stated he is currently 22 years old. An easy search will reveal the article and far more detail that in the limited, badly researched, PBS extract. 

In addition, the original Nation article of his surrender to the police back in January 2014 has his age as 19 years old at that time. So I would tend to go with these two main news outlets.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30224221

So, being 19 yo at the time of the murders and being on the run for attempted murder again shows that he is just evil and deserves all, and more, of any punishments he will suffer in the future. He is not a young offender.

4 hours ago, Basil B said:

I think it has been proved since since time began death as a punishment nether stopped man killing man...

Taking the death sentence as the ultimate punishment how do you take into account mitigating circumstances, age, mental state, co operation, etc.?

death as a punishment nether stopped man killing man...  No but it stops convicted killers from doing it a second time.

how do you take into account mitigating circumstances, age, mental state, co operation, etc.?  I thought for a hanging you only needed to know height and weight

13 hours ago, dabhand said:

I mentioned where I had picked up on his current age - it was the BP who stated he is currently 22 years old. An easy search will reveal the article and far more detail that in the limited, badly researched, PBS extract. 

In addition, the original Nation article of his surrender to the police back in January 2014 has his age as 19 years old at that time. So I would tend to go with these two main news outlets.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30224221

So, being 19 yo at the time of the murders and being on the run for attempted murder again shows that he is just evil and deserves all, and more, of any punishments he will suffer in the future. He is not a young offender.

So this headline post and others are wrong based on you deciding to believe another newspaper??? And to prove your point you expect me to go looking for that proof for you???

Regardless as to your belief, 19 years old is still young. It is also a very young age to be spending the rest of your life in a Thai Prison for a triple homocide. Which again should be enough punishemnt to satisfy anyone.  

13 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Why care about this young man he have try do it before and now 3 people dead serious kill this scumbag you can't change a murderer 

Because he wasn't born a Scumbag anymore than you were born a Scumbag.

If he did actually committ these crimes at age 16 years, who's is responsible for that besides himself. Crime and Violence on TV, and Video Games? Or perhpas his upbringing in a disfunctional family where alcoholism and violence was every day life for him while growing up? We just don't know do we?

He got life in a Thai Prison which at age 19 years is a very long, long time. That is enough punishment which nobody here feels sorry for him for that. But plucking out his toe nails doesn't change a thing. It just shows how unhumain some people can actually be.   

2 hours ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

So this headline post and others are wrong based on you deciding to believe another newspaper??? And to prove your point you expect me to go looking for that proof for you???

Regardless as to your belief, 19 years old is still young. It is also a very young age to be spending the rest of your life in a Thai Prison for a triple homocide. Which again should be enough punishemnt to satisfy anyone.  

Not my belief, those are the facts. Both from the BP (unable to post a link as that is not allowed, surely you know that?), and the link I gave you to the Nation article. There really is not much more I can do to provide the evidence supplied by the two main news sources in Thailand.

The PBS source is not renowned for the accuracy of their reporting. You only have to look at the article from yesterday regarding the number of flights using Chiang Mai airport (posted on the CM forum).

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/second-chiang-mai-airport-endorsed/

Which stated: The expanded terminal will also have the capacity to accommodate 34 flights per week from today’s 24 flights a week.

Clearly nonsense, but I guess you are happy to accept as fact. Perhaps applying a bit more scepticism might be appropriate.

But, as they say in these parts, up to you.

Oh, and how many murders are acceptable to you before a life sentence is justified, at any age, even at 19y.o.? Five? Ten? Twenty? Just asking, because slaughtering a girl plus two very young boys ticks all the boxes with me. But not you?

5 hours ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

Because he wasn't born a Scumbag anymore than you were born a Scumbag.

If he did actually committ these crimes at age 16 years, who's is responsible for that besides himself. Crime and Violence on TV, and Video Games? Or perhpas his upbringing in a disfunctional family where alcoholism and violence was every day life for him while growing up? We just don't know do we?

He got life in a Thai Prison which at age 19 years is a very long, long time. That is enough punishment which nobody here feels sorry for him for that. But plucking out his toe nails doesn't change a thing. It just shows how unhumain some people can actually be.   

? don't say I am born same As this low life of a scumbag and if you do the crime you do the time 

21 hours ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

Unfortunatley all of these things cost money, which Thailand obviously doesn't have for this and for there over crowded prisons. I am more in favour of keeping them out of prison and trying to change them before they continue a life of crime. 

For Young Offenders headed down the road of no return I am in favour of a 4 year stink in some special army. There they can serve a purpose and there country and perhaps learn some of the discipline they lacked at home. Why go after the good kids who want to work and raise a family instead of being draftd in the army when you got guys like this running around?   

Giving murderers weapons and teaching them how to kill , may not be such a good idea , unless the army was sening him under cover to carry out an assassination 

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

He is 19 now and the murders happened four years ago

Nope. He is 22 now. and he was 19 at the time of the murders.

Is it really that difficult to look at the Nation link which confirms his age when he surrendered to the police back in 2014 (that being 19) and also to research the BP story (can't link here) of the court case that confirmed his current age of 22.

This is the Thaivisa thread at the time of the murders,back in 2014: 

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/696030-man-sought-for-killing-boys-and-woman-in-chon-buri/?page=6

Post 77 indicates the prime suspect as being 19.

But, if you wish to consider ThaiBPS as a more reliable source than the current BP article / The Nation (article from 2014), up to you.

21 hours ago, dabhand said:

Not my belief, those are the facts. Both from the BP (unable to post a link as that is not allowed, surely you know that?), and the link I gave you to the Nation article. There really is not much more I can do to provide the evidence supplied by the two main news sources in Thailand.

The PBS source is not renowned for the accuracy of their reporting. You only have to look at the article from yesterday regarding the number of flights using Chiang Mai airport (posted on the CM forum).

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/second-chiang-mai-airport-endorsed/

Which stated: The expanded terminal will also have the capacity to accommodate 34 flights per week from today’s 24 flights a week.

Clearly nonsense, but I guess you are happy to accept as fact. Perhaps applying a bit more scepticism might be appropriate.

But, as they say in these parts, up to you.

Oh, and how many murders are acceptable to you before a life sentence is justified, at any age, even at 19y.o.? Five? Ten? Twenty? Just asking, because slaughtering a girl plus two very young boys ticks all the boxes with me. But not you?

To be honest I don't care how many more new flights will happen in Chiang Mai, as I don't live there or go there very often. So your guess to my reaction to this news is pretty foolish, considering I have no interest in it so never even read the news article. 

I replied to a News Article that is posted here on Thai Visa, which is also the same one you replied to. If you have a problem with this news not being correct or authentic, then I suggest you take your argument to TV not to post from this newspaper. Or stop posting here! But I will not get dragged into and argument with you as to which Newspaper is better, as this is not the topic here. Run your own topic on this if you like. I won't read or reply to that one either.

As to answering your question: "Oh, and how many murders are acceptable to you before a life sentence is justified, at any age, even at 19y.o.?" Well, many countries have a "Young Offenders Acts". which applies until the age of 18 years, where no matter who they kill, and how many, they can never be given a Life Sentence. 

I recall a 16 year old girl back home who with her 21 year old boyfriend, brutally murder her mother and father in there own home, and then she strangled her 8 year old brother with her bare hands, all because her parents would not let her date this useless unemplyed drug taking lazy boyfriend. She was sentenced and out in about 4 years. 

Do I agree with that? No! Not really! But I do think a 8 year old child should not be conviceted of murder, and be given  Life Sentence or the Death Sentence as I do feel they are too young to realize the seriousness of there crime. I think around the age of 14 years there should be some serious punishment, but to what extent?  

I never said once that his life sentence wasn't justified. In fact what I said several times was his life sentence should satisfy anyoness justification, considering he admitted to these crimes, her was drinking at the time, and due to his young age. If you can't read what is written, or don't believe anything that is written, then nobody can help you.