webfact

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Thailand, a typical Third World country that consistently sets itself all the wrong development priorities

True words, all of them, MW, but even to see the RIGHT development priorities would require the power to think and to evaluate one issue - or priority - over another. It is clear, even amongst the 'nice' people in my village, that this need to think - this ability to think - simply does not result, either from domestic upbringing or from schooling. The ability to differentiate between right or wrong, good or bad or to acknowledge a weight of responsibility simply doesn't exist, amongst a great proportion of Thais.

But they'll crack the wee task of putting a satellite into orbit . . . not much thinking or reasoning needed for that, he jokes.

2 hours ago, Muggi1968 said:

sorry to disappoint all you negative people......

But I have actually worked with Thai satellite engineers from Gistada in chon bury on serval satellite projects... They are quit smart.... Not all Thais are somchaiy

Great! Perhaps we could use them to devise ways how to fix the pot-holed roads and how to lay electrical wires properly.

Will the satelite be used to monitor the rash drivers on the Thai Roads ?!!??

Or will it be used to forcecast the heavy rains that get totally out of control and flood the major metros of Thailand ?!??

But maybe it could also be used to monitor the ranters on TVF ?!!!:cheesy:

Edited by observer90210

3 hours ago, Muggi1968 said:

sorry to disappoint all you negative people......

But I have actually worked with Thai satellite engineers from Gistada in chon bury on serval satellite projects... They are quit smart.... Not all Thais are somchaiy

I have worked with Thai satellite engineers trying set up True Move satellite dish on my roof. You are right, they are quit smart...and one of them was named Somchai. Even on a clear day, reception is crap.

Maybe they need to get Thaksin back ,he knew how to get satellites up there,

by using people and companies that have already done it,or is Thailand mulling

plans to develop rockets as well, lot cheaper to send it up on the next N.Korean

launch.

regards worgeordie

I'm at a loss....the Thai federalies can't digitize immigration, land/property ownership or car registration/ownership ...but hey, a satellite makes sense as a priority.  I'm just a farang that doesn't totally understand this advanced culture.......my bad

So they want the satellite to 'explore the earth'. They don't realise that the west explored this hundreds of years ago. Given that most Thais haven't a clue about the world outside Thailand it is no surprise that the buffoons in power believe the mission is sensible.

And this contraption made of an old pickup truck, some recycled wood and a bouyancy aid made of plastic bottles will be powered by which means ?
Maybe it should be mulled over to use natural materials such as Rubber for the power Plant. To reduce costs

Bamboo and blue plastic water pipes, what do you think?

Sent from my KENNY using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

8 hours ago, watcharacters said:

Are you saying you prefer Thailand to be undeveloped and mostly backwards?

Maybe the post-grads in the Thai university can actually engage in hard science.  In every large population their are some brilliant minds.  It happens. 

Tomorrow's News Today!!

Dateline 2068:  Thailand's Siam III space capsule collides with a piece of space junk, pilot immediately opens the hatch and makes a run for it, abandoning other occupants of the spaceship.  RTPF investigators say it was due to the behavior of the farang foreign object.  They also said the pilot, who was not wearing a spacesuit, is no where to be found, and may have been apprehended by Vulcans or Klingons.