NACC receives Gen Prawit’s clarification on luxury wristwatch and diamond ring

webfact

NACC receives Gen Prawit’s clarification on luxury wristwatch and diamond ring

By Thai PBS

watch211.jpg

Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwon has submitted written clarification on the acquisition of luxury watch and diamond ring to the National Anti-Corruption Commission, NACC president Pol Gen Watcharapol Prasarnrajkij told reporters on Friday (Dec 29).

Pol Get Watcharapol said NACC deputy secretary-general Worawit Sukboon informed the NACC board at the meeting on Thursday that Gen Prawit had already submitted the clarification to the NACC office.

The clarification document is being examined by the NACC office, he said, adding that the NACC spokesman would give details about the matter in a press conference soon.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/nacc-receives-gen-prawits-clarification-luxury-wristwatch-diamond-ring/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-12-29

51 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

What about the other eleven,does one explanation cover

them all ?

regards worgeordie

Yes that is the big question... an good test of their desire to fight corruption or to only fight corruption that is not committed by them. I think nothing will happen, and it makes me think less of the junta. I have given up on Thailand ever getting rid of corruption as whoever is in power will always be corrupt and only go after corruption that does not involve them. 

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

Let me guess; the NACC found the explanation acceptable and no further investigation needed. Word for word similar to the AG explanation for the OTT Hawaii jolly and the Park alleged corruption. 

Just like your idol's statement about 'honest mistakes'.

Deputy PM explains jewellery to graft agency

By The Nation

e35468d4ea406d400c4591bd25ee3e2a.jpeg

Gen Prawit.

Deputy PM General Prawit Wongsuwan has submitted a letter explaining his possession of luxurious watches and a diamond ring, which he failed to include in his assets declaration to the anti-graft agency.

A meeting of the National Anti-Corruption Commission on Friday was informed that Prawit had submitted his letter to the agency as required, said Pol General Watcharapol Prasarnrajkit, the NACC president. 

The commission is now examining the letter in detail, Watcharapol said, and would possibly hold a press conference on the issue as early as Friday.

Photos of Prawit wearing several luxurious watches on different occasions went viral on social media beginning two weeks ago. 

The controversy began after he was spotted wearing what appeared to be a silver-and-black Richard Mille watch and diamond ring during a group photo with the reshuffled Cabinet at Government House on December 4. 

While the items appear to be worth millions of baht, he failed to disclose them to the NACC in his assets disclosure.

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said last week that his deputy’s possession of expensive watches was a personal matter, but no one could spare him if he was found guilty.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30335035

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-12-29

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

Let me guess; the NACC found the explanation acceptable and no further investigation needed. Word for word similar to the AG explanation for the OTT Hawaii jolly and the Park alleged corruption. 

Unless they expect uproar on social media in which case they issue a statement they need time to look into it further, more evidence is needed, more witnesses are asked about it, more info is collected, and that way it dies a quiet death and everybody forgets about it.

25 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

Unless they expect uproar on social media in which case they issue a statement they need time to look into it further, more evidence is needed, more witnesses are asked about it, more info is collected, and that way it dies a quiet death and everybody forgets about it.

As when the NACC or AG close the case stating that they have accepted the explanation, that is a legal closure and those questioning are liable for contempt. They will use the same intimidation methods and extra judiciary detention to prevent anyone from making further uproar. The Park alleged corruption landed few activists in jail. As long as the junta holds the power, the case is dead in the waters and the military will continue to rob the country blind, 

Did anyone actually believe anything would come of this?  Great story, sharp eyes of those who initially saw the "bling blunder".... great entertainment following the story and comments....but deep down we all know the final outcome (can you say RR engines, or young fella filmed getting shot by the military?).  

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Just like your idol's statement about 'honest mistakes'.

Congratulations on managing to squeeze in one of the more inane but,but,but Thaksin posts of 2017 just before the end of the year. You must be proud!

What's all the excitement about this watch?
Lots of people have watches. My wife has 2 watches and a gold chain, some rings and I have some adidas trainers, my son has a spungebob square pants watch....I mean you can buy these things all over the world.
Now if he had a vape kit I could understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect