F1 2018

Basil B

16 minutes ago, Mosha said:

Verstappen. "I know I'm losing time to Vettel, I don't care". Translated as, It's my dummy and I'll spit it if I want to.

Verstappen is a true racer. I'm glad he did say that. I watch F1 to see proper racing, excellent race.

Can imagine Christian Horner having a few choice words with him after the race though. Probably unjustified as I think that even if he had let Bottas pass after his 5 second penalty, he wouldn't have been able to maintain the 5 second gap between himself and Vettel.

The real idiot in that scenario was Bottas. He should have just cruised round a safe distance behind Verstappen and he was guaranteed 3rd place. Why risk it?

Really felt for Kimi, he deserved the win. Looked gutted after the race, mind you, he always does!

Highlight of the race was turn 2, lap 1. Lewis sticks it down the inside of Vettel and Vettel pirouettes down the track. A beautiful sight. Lewis, once again, proves that he's the man!

4 hours ago, Spidey said:

Verstappen is a true racer. I'm glad he did say that. I watch F1 to see proper racing, excellent race.

Can imagine Christian Horner having a few choice words with him after the race though. Probably unjustified as I think that even if he had let Bottas pass after his 5 second penalty, he wouldn't have been able to maintain the 5 second gap between himself and Vettel.

The real idiot in that scenario was Bottas. He should have just cruised round a safe distance behind Verstappen and he was guaranteed 3rd place. Why risk it?

I like when racers race. Verstappen is going to be entertaining driver also in the future.

I don't really understand why you praise Verstappen and mock Bottas for the similar actions. Bottas (a Swede at least until the next race) also wanted to race and wanted to overtake Verstappen on the track.. regardless there was a chance of collision.

I don't really like team orders, but I guess those belong to F1 as long as there are multiple cars from one team on the track. 

Just now, oilinki said:

Bottas (a Swede at least until the next race) also wanted to race and wanted to overtake Verstappen on the track.

Bottas is a Finn. He also had more to lose and it was out of character. Not a racer in the same sense as Verstappen.

Saw Verstappen race in Macao, a few months before he joined F1. Crashed out trying to take the lead. Crazy guy but great to watch.

I am with Vettel on the first lap incident, it was all Hamilton's fault, he should have known better, there was no way Seb could see him there for all the red mist... :cheesy:

Dont think Hamilton dreamed the tactic, recon the Germans suggested he tried it.He overdid his fight to the end speech, not really happy i recon.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I am with Vettel on the first lap incident, it was all Hamilton's fault, he should have known better, there was no way Seb could see him there for all the red mist... :cheesy:

Of course it was Hamilton fault ;-)

Race stewards summary decided otherwise: No further action.

Oh well never mind......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Mosha said:

And he made 2 year contract to become Sauber driver. 

That's interesting. At least he is allowed to be number 1 driver of the team once again.

https://www.sauberf1team.com/news/kimi-raikkonen-to-race-for-the-alfa-romeo-sauber-f1-team-from-2019-2

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Biggest shock was him being replaced by Leclerc. Clearly Vettel doesn't want any competition from his team mate.

I don't think the move was initiated by Vettel. The speculation was that Ferrari wanted your and thirsty driver to shake Vettel awake. 

This season Raikkonen has given quite a good challenge for Vettel. Provided they Raikkonen would have been allowed to really race against Vettel.. and Ferrari hadn't screwed up Kimi's tactics for few times. 

17 minutes ago, oilinki said:

The speculation was that Ferrari wanted your and thirsty driver to shake Vettel awake. 

More reason not to sign Leclerc then. A very average driver who warrants his place in the back half of the pack.

9 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Then who?

If you want a young, exiting, world class driver that would give Vettel a serious challenge......Max Verstappen.

Leclerc probably got the shout because he was already on Ferrari's books, Sauber runs the Ferrari engine and a straight swap with Kimi would be simple contractually, but I would love to see Verstappen in a Ferrari. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Basil B said:

It will be interesting to look back at those images in 2021 and compare with what they actually end up with...

Yup. Ferrari's engineers complained that it's not good.. I suppose not enough work for a big team to gain advantage over smaller teams ?

Lewis's best lap ever. One of those very rare perfect laps. A privelige to watch.

Looking forward to the start tomorrow. Lewis needs to get into the first corner in the lead. Max will be very agressive.

Hopefully Bottas can mess Vettel up a bit, but somehow I doubt it.

Edited by Spidey

2 hours ago, Spidey said:

Lewis's best lap ever. One of those very rare perfect laps. A privelige to watch.

Looking forward to the start tomorrow. Lewis needs to get into the first corner in the lead. Max will be very agressive.

Hopefully Bottas can mess Vettel up a bit, but somehow I doubt it.

I think it will be carnage at Turn 1 as cars 5 and 33 go for some "Argy Bargy"...