Pattaya police: "Extracting the urine and getting it all mixed up!", claim young Thai men

webfact

Pattaya police: "Extracting the urine and getting it all mixed up!", claim young Thai men

4pm.jpg

Picture: 77Jowo

Thai media reported on a story after a 19 year old Thai man was stopped at a South Pattaya police checkpoint on Saturday.

A urine sample was taken at the scene and the cops said that Thakdanai Luangnuch tested positive with a purple result.

He was hauled off to the Pattaya police station but continued to claim his innocence saying there had been some kind of mistake.

Police charged him with having methamphetamine in his system and driving under the influence of a Class 1 drug - charges that could have seen him jailed.

But he insisted on a recheck at a hospital and the cops eventually relented and the test came back negative.

The cops apologized saying that there had been some problem with equipment or the testing process or even the hospital, they weren't entirely sure.

Thakdanai was allowed to go a free man but went to the press to tell his story as a warning to others wrongfully accused to stick up for themselves.

77Jowo asked station chief Apichai Krobpetch what happened and he claimed this was the first he had heard about it.

But, well practiced in this sentence, he said that he "would investigate and promised justice for both sides".

Thakdanai and his friend Aisoon Somphot, 21, who posted on Facebook about the story seemed to be suggesting that the police had got all the samples mixed up.

Source: 77Jowo

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-01-04

To all the guys who claim, "if you don't take drugs, you have nothing to worry about".

Start worrying. 

Had this been a tourist instead of a Thai speaking local, the hospital test may have never happened.  Deportation, and blacklisting, maybe.

2 minutes ago, impulse said:

To all the guys who claim, "if you don't take drugs, you have nothing to worry about".

Start worrying. 

Had this been a tourist instead of a Thai speaking local, the hospital test may have never happened.  Deportation, and blacklisting, maybe.

Or extracting tens of thousands of baht for tea money 555

Most likely never cleaned the containers out from the

last person that pissed in it and tested positive,any

residue would test positive for the next person ,even

though he had nothing in his system.

regards worgeordie

Reminds me to a joke...Two friends were talking about medical examination and when the one told about the doctors examination the other mentioned this is old stuff. There is a machine nowadays which can analyse all diseases when you fill in urine. The other one thought that is hardly possible so he collected a urine probe from himself and mixed it with one from his daughter, his wife and his dog. After filling the same into the machine a report was printed out: Your daughter has a tripper, your wife is pregnant but not from you, your dog has intestine worms and if you do not quit shaking your monkey your elbow pain will never go away.

7 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Most likely never cleaned the containers out from the

last person that pissed in it and tested positive,any

residue would test positive for the next person ,even

though he had nothing in his system.

regards worgeordie

That's my guess, too. Not clever crooked cops, but simply numpties that cannot use the equipment properly.

A French guy I know, now over 80, was hold up at Ekkamai by the local police after he arrived at Ekkamai bus station on a bus coming from Pattaya. The guy hadn't drank a drop for over 60 years, never smoked nor he did any drugs in his life. He got arrested and couldn't leave Thailand for over 2 years, court order. They found drugs in his urine, peeing at Ekkamai station. Also the other farangs on the bus all tested positive., They all could buy off prosecution for 200,000 THB each. One of his companions, also French, bought it off for 100k and later testified in court about this scam. His visa was revoked and he was deported within 3 days, by court order. He still had to pay his own "extra expensive" ticket to Paris himself, normally single trip not over 30k, needed to pay 150k.

Edited by PAIBKK

2 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

If you want to beat a drug test in Pattaya - urine luck!:laugh:

image.png.665daabfadb017af5b5fb2179d01e27f.png

Stupid stereotypical representation of a recreational drug user. Utterly misleading and cliches. Neither clever or amusing. 100s of thousands of otgerwuse innocent people, often vunerable women are trapped in inhuman conditions in Asia. The war drugs is a war on the people. If people have a drug problem they need help not prison which does more harm than the drugs. These urine tests generate a myriad of false positives.

Time for those on the top to do something about such issues..if not, Thailand is going to become a rogue, lawless, despicable country, that will be dangerous for any foreigner to set foot on...think about it gentlemen, before the foreign media starts to warn abroad, to avoid Thailand...

18 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

You can't help "stupid"

That is what the police wrote on the sample bottle to identify who it came from. Unfortunately there were 25 similarly marked bottles, so there was some confusion.

6 hours ago, timendres said:

Always insist on the blood test. If they're crooked, they will often pass you over for easier prey.

Easy, they will give you a behind the trees punch up.

There's your blood test.  Everyone enjoys and business as usual.

Darn dirty cups.....

We now have evidence that they are cheaters !

By the way, where is this checkpoint as they usually do it in dark soi, because outdoor urine tests are illegal ?

One more reason to avoid cops even when being innocent !!!

20 hours ago, balo said:

If same happens to you and you're innocent ask to be retested at the hospital.

While that's a great idea, the BKK doc that told me to stay out of bars said the retests could take weeks to process, during which time I probably wouldn't be too comfy as a guest of the BIB.

He warned me that some of the meds I take after my bypass surgery could trigger a false positive on the cheap first round piss tests.  So he suggested I stay away from places where I'm likely to be piss tested.