Tony Blair warns British voters: time is running out to stop Brexit folly

webfact

59 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

BLAIR  the war criminal. dont give this man airtime, he is a no body.

But but but.... he wanted to make Britain great again, a power to be reckoned with. You would think that brexiteers would sympathise with that?

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, oldhippy said:

But but but.... he wanted to make Britain great again, a power to be reckoned with. You would think that brexiteers would sympathise with that?

I don't recall that. Far as I remember it was about "cool Britannia". Pity that he made Britain neither great nor cool.

1 hour ago, oldhippy said:

Why would you as a non- Brit think that?

As the vast majority of Brits accept that those days are in the past, and will never reappear again. Now looking forward to an independent U.K.

without the shackles of your so called union.

B15B1964-B106-4702-A1E5-FC3AB17A7709.jpeg

4 hours ago, sambum said:

No, you are missing the point - you are talking welfare standards - we" are not talking welfare standards - "we" are talking prices! 

You really don't see the connection do you. Good job we don't do referendums as rule

Brexiteers are not full of spume and venom..as a Brexiteer..I believe in being part of a British Democracy..where every 5 years you can vote in a different political party to govern if you do wish.
I do not want the British people to be told what to do by unelected jobsworths over in brussels.
I also want the British people to be able to have their say re immigration..especially when there are no criminal record or health checks on those flooding Britain from eastern europe.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Completely, absolutely, unequivocally ridiculous analogy to compare referendums to football.

Also in a democracy, everyone has the right to call or campaign for a new vote.

To refuse this right is dictatorship.
Ok call and campaign as much as you like.then when you dont have another vote and we leave please just get on with your life

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 hours ago, Grouse said:

You see the Brexiters are so blinded with spume and venom you can't tell them anything. Trumps latest duty on steel is exactly analogous- not a peep ?

Since the referendum it has been the remainers who have demonstrated the highest toxicity.

Trump reckons he has a problem with steel imports - up to him - nothing to do with Brexit.

26 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Since the referendum it has been the remainers who have demonstrated the highest toxicity.

Trump reckons he has a problem with steel imports - up to him - nothing to do with Brexit.

Yes, please stay on topic.   Plenty of US/Trump threads to post in. 

The referendum was held.  The people voted to leave.  Due democratic process took place.  Its done.

Why anyone wants to take notice of a war criminal, an ex prime minster that lied to Parliament and should stand trial, is beyond me.  Who gives a toss what he thinks.  

i can't say i was particularly pleased by the leave vote but, its done now and the country voted to leave.  

On 3/2/2018 at 12:42 PM, Grouse said:

Did you read and understand my post?

The Brexiters always say the EU is a protection racket. Absolutely, we don't want our living standards dragged to the lowest common denominator.

Did I misconstrue?

20 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Brexiteers are not full of spume and venom..as a Brexiteer..I believe in being part of a British Democracy..where every 5 years you can vote in a different political party to govern if you do wish.
I do not want the British people to be told what to do by unelected jobsworths over in brussels.
I also want the British people to be able to have their say re immigration..especially when there are no criminal record or health checks on those flooding Britain from eastern europe.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

From another post on ThaiVisa, but is connected to this topic:-

Paraquat is banned in many countries: Austria, Denmark, Hungary, Republic of Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, Malaysia and etc. Despite this the European Commission’s Standing Committee on the Food Chain and Animal Health approved the use of paraquat in European Union countries, despite the disagreement of some of them."

Another valid reason why a lot of people in the UK want to get away from a system that looks after its own unelected bureaucrats business interests, salaries and expenses , but doesn't give a flying @#$%  about the health of its own "grassroots" members!!! 

2 hours ago, sambum said:

Paraquat is banned in many countries: Austria, Denmark, Hungary, Republic of Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, Malaysia and etc. Despite this the European Commission’s Standing Committee on the Food Chain and Animal Health approved the use of paraquat in European Union countries, despite the disagreement of some of them."

Another valid reason why a lot of people in the UK want to get away from a system that looks after its own unelected bureaucrats business interests, salaries and expenses , but doesn't give a flying @#$%  about the health of its own "grassroots" members!!! 

Please don't spread fake news. Paraquat has not been licensed for use in  EU since 2007. Mainly because of its use in so many suicides particularly in USA. It is still manufactured as Gramoxone in the UK.

8 hours ago, carmine said:

The referendum was held.  The people voted to leave.  Due democratic process took place.  Its done.

Why anyone wants to take notice of a war criminal, an ex prime minster that lied to Parliament and should stand trial, is beyond me.  Who gives a toss what he thinks.  

i can't say i was particularly pleased by the leave vote but, its done now and the country voted to leave.  

Odd how Brexiteers line up behind a Party which cannot even win one constituency and want to lay down the line for everyone else.

One final shot at trying to explain this important point. Any single market/customs union worth its salt, will try to protect itself from unfair competition. We want to see manufacturers being able to make a profit and offer good working conditions to its employees. You would not wish to allow competing products made with slave labour in an environmental hell and being unsafe without applying tariffs to level up the playing field.

Its the same with animal products. Pointless enforcing good husbandry standards in ones own market while allowing uncontrolled competition from some s..t ho.. to put them out of business.

Delta Tango is not relevant per se. BUT, it's the same issue

So, in conclusion, EU protectionism is a GOOD THING in general. It's not a racket.

OK, I'll leave it now. If you don't understand, more fool you

27 minutes ago, Grouse said:

One final shot at trying to explain this important point. Any single market/customs union worth its salt, will try to protect itself from unfair competition. We want to see manufacturers being able to make a profit and offer good working conditions to its employees. You would not wish to allow competing products made with slave labour in an environmental hell and being unsafe without applying tariffs to level up the playing field.

Its the same with animal products. Pointless enforcing good husbandry standards in ones own market while allowing uncontrolled competition from some s..t ho.. to put them out of business.

So, in conclusion, EU protectionism is a GOOD THING in general. It's not a racket.

42 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Please don't spread fake news. Paraquat has not been licensed for use in  EU since 2007. Mainly because of its use in so many suicides particularly in USA. It is still manufactured as Gramoxone in the UK.

Fake news? As the info came directly from Wikipedia, perhaps you should take it up with them?

Regarding your other post, the only point I was contesting with you was the fact that people naturally want cheaper products - that is all - but you are trying to turn it into some kind of crusade for animal/human rights. Whether I agree or disagree with you on the points that you make regarding that subject is irrelevant.

3 hours ago, sambum said:

How do you like your chlorinated GM chicken - with or with hormones and steroids?

6 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

How do you like your chlorinated GM chicken - with or with hormones and steroids?

What's that got to do with Paraqat or Brexit?

P.S. "How do you like your chlorinated GM chicken - with or with hormones and steroids?" Huh?

11 minutes ago, sambum said:

What's that got to do with Paraqat or Brexit?

P.S. "How do you like your chlorinated GM chicken - with or with hormones and steroids?" Huh?

You are complaining (wrongly, it would appear) that the EU is knowingly allowing us to be exposed to harmful products. Chlorinated chicken is one of the things that they prevent us from being exposed to now, but it will be on our plates soon enough when TM is pushing for the lowest possible standards across the board to entice free trade agreements.

With or with - apologies, my cynical humour, intended to imply that without was not an option.

1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

You are complaining (wrongly, it would appear) that the EU is knowingly allowing us to be exposed to harmful products. Chlorinated chicken is one of the things that they prevent us from being exposed to now, but it will be on our plates soon enough when TM is pushing for the lowest possible standards across the board to entice free trade agreements.

With or with - apologies, my cynical humour, intended to imply that without was not an option.

My apologies also - your cynical humour passed me by - I'm usually quite good at picking up on things like that!

As I said to "another poster", I do not intend to get into a discussion on human rights or animal rights, and  the only point I was objecting to was his accusations and insults when the ONLY point I was making is that it is only  human nature to want cheaper products on the table or in your house. How they get there, or by which means is not the point that I was making, and to be honest, probably a lot of people at the poorer end of the populace are not concerned about that  - like I said earlier, I don't think that they will be too concerned about whether their eggs come from a happy or a sad chicken!

4 hours ago, Grouse said:

tionism is a GOOD THING in general. It's

4 hours ago, Grouse said:

More of the usual.

Archived