Tony Blair warns British voters: time is running out to stop Brexit folly

webfact

20 hours ago, nontabury said:

O.K I realise it’s only from a small sample. But from reading these Brexit threads, I notice that two people who did not vote for Brexit in the 2016, now say that should there be a 2nd referendum, they would NOW vote to escape this so called Union. 

3AEC05DD-A4DF-4047-918B-ECCA13FFAF52.jpeg

Interesting map. The Swiss have never been known for foolishness, and Norway probably doesn't want to have to give all it's Nth Sea oil money to a bunch of wasters.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, nauseus said:

If that means you are calling Blair bright then that's as farcical as you calling EU leavers uneducated. 

I didn't say he was right but he's certainly bright. As for Brexiters in general, what do you want me to say?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I hope you don't eat cheap eggs then. Factory farming is an abomination whatever animal is subjected to it. 

Exactly. We can do better than support the ill treatment of animals. Why do people want to import cheaper food? Do they have any idea?

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

I didn't say he was right but he's certainly bright. As for Brexiters in general, what do you want me to say?

He's as bright as a black hole. He was lucky to get a seat in the first place - and just at the right time - probably the start of his "sucking up" campaign!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, sambum said:

"Why do people want to import cheaper food?"

Rather an obvious question I would have thought? A bit like asking why people want more money!

Are you being deliberately obtuse? Driving down food prices is driving down animal welfare. I for one would happily pay more for my food if the production was more humane.

And that's just one example. I don't want cheap consumer products built by slaves

Wake up!

1 minute ago, Grouse said:

Indeed! Enjoy your cheap food; I trust it will be tough!

I have stood and witnessed piglets having their teeth removed and not by a dentist

De-beaking of battery hens I took in my stride, as I did the 30-40 Kg  turkeys that could not stand up because of the cramped conditions they had been reared in

None of the things I witnessed made me want to become a veggie

Economics will always rule for the vast majority like it or not

1 hour ago, oldlakey said:

I have stood and witnessed piglets having their teeth removed and not by a dentist

De-beaking of battery hens I took in my stride, as I did the 30-40 Kg  turkeys that could not stand up because of the cramped conditions they had been reared in

None of the things I witnessed made me want to become a veggie

Economics will always rule for the vast majority like it or not

This is getting off topic

However, we live in different worlds. I can afford to have my food reared humanely. Sorry you are so desperate.

I prefer to live in civilised countries.