Doubting My Maths

6.4 is correct .......   if you ordered 64 you could build an olympic swimming pool.

Area = L X W X D   .....   

A truck use to hold 3.3 cub in Australia from memory ...     but I believe Thailand uses small trucks in many villages.

Agree totally with previous poster.  Regrettably I have not been present throughout the build and the builder has laid the hardstanding around the house at 4cms depth but has included rebar.  On discovering this I wanted to add a few more cms on top but was told that it would not work.  

The builder did not completely cover the outside house ground putting only about 1.5 m width hardstanding down and leaving the rest as bare ground hence my current reason for the initial enquiry.  I will be laying tiles when the concreting is completed

Not totally happy with outcome but do not expect heavy use of hardstanding as fortunately only wife and self live here and no children to stamp all over place. 

I’d have them mix by hand so you can QC the mix, these trucks tend to give you soup coz water is the cheapest element...

I had 90m length at 3.5 wide and 10cm depth done, took about a week, all by hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Thank you for that.  Can I ask the cost and how many people played the concrete and what were they paid?

I have been quoted 100 baht for each metres laid which seems a tad expensive.

Ended up 90-100k if I remember correctly.

This included labour and I bought all materials, think there was about 5 or 6 people most days.

Was end of 2015 so not sure if price of materials has risen since then?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app