23 year old Brit fighting for life after mysteriously falling from 4th floor in Pattaya

webfact

23 year old Brit fighting for life after mysteriously falling from 4th floor in Pattaya

By Online Admin -

1-4.png?fit=480,640

On January 4th, police and emergency services were called to Diana-Estate Condominium in Pattaya after reports that a foreign man had “fallen”

Arriving at the scene, police found the 23 year old British victim, however, his name was withheld for the time being.

Full story: http://pattayaone.news/en/23-year-old-brit-fighting-life-mysteriously-falling-4th-floor-pattaya/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2018-01-05

UPDATE

After further investigation, Thaivisa understands that the incident detailed above actually occurred over two weeks ago and not on 4th January, as incorrectly reported by Pattaya One.

Thaivisa also understands the victim has recovered and is now back in the United Kingdom.

Thaivisa apologises for any confusion caused. 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, steven100 said:

23yr old's don't mysteriously fall from high rise balconies.   This smells fishy.

I would look at where he was drinking and who's toes did he stand on ....  :whistling:

Quite right Stevo, they don't.

They get p***** out of their brains and forget that the balconies are only "Thai high" before they lean against them.

But it's not just Thailand, Magaluf/Benidorm (neither of which are a stranger to drunk tourists) seem very popular:

Balcony Falls articles - AOL UK Travel - AOL.co.uk

This from the year 2013:

"A total of 12 people have died following similar falls in the Balearic Islands this summer, including six Britons. Of these, four Britons have died in Magaluf, Majorca and another died in San Antonio, Ibiza."

Edited by Enoon

7 minutes ago, Enoon said:

Quite right Stevo, they don't.

They get p***** out of their brains and forget that the balconies are only "Thai high" before they lean against them.

But it's not just Thailand, Magaluf/Benidorm (neither of which are a stranger to drunk tourists) seem very popular:

Balcony Falls articles - AOL UK Travel - AOL.co.uk

Yes, you are right. I wonder how many of these balcony falls come down to being unfamiliar with balconies. Not a lot of Brits live in high rise buildings and if they do they dont have balconies.

1 hour ago, hyku1147 said:

Hopefully there is no permanent damage.

If I were to guess, I'd say the likelihood of no permanent damage is close to zero.

Accidental falling happens worldwide but Pattaya seems to garner the lion's share of them.

38 minutes ago, Enoon said:

Happened to me in Laos, I have to confess. But it wasn't my fault, it was just this bottle of Scotch, and the handrail didn't meet the western Adult Height Requirements, but the plunge height wasn't that much, obviously...:whistling:

1 hour ago, Lemonltr said:

The Pattaya One report states that " the fall was suspicious at the least"

However, before we work ourselves up into the usual frenzy, one commentard on Pattaya One says,

You complete bunch on idiots, let's just clarify a few things,
1) this was over 2 weeks 
agon so I think you need improve your reporting - this guy has already flown back home.
2) There was no investigation as it was not suspicious.
3) He is not in critical condition - all he suffered was a broken arm he was in 
hospital for 24 hours and then released.

I guess there are more people "falling" from balconies in Pattaya, then there are cars on Sukhumvit Road.

However, It´s nice to hear that they soon will have to attract people that want´s to fall down on their hollidays instead of the ones that want´s to power drink and visit Walking Street and Soi 6 every second hour.

Appearently too many people that visit Pattaya on holiday, also turn blind in that city. Due to that so many cant find the balcony rail. :cheesy:

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

23yr old's don't mysteriously fall from high rise balconies.   This smells fishy.

I would look at where he was drinking and who's toes did he stand on ....  :whistling:

Come on, you can speculate more than that .

What about a woman and her tuk tuk driver boyfriend ?

A ladyboy .

The jet-ski mafia .

A bar owner with Police connections .

An argument .

1 hour ago, Get Real said:

I guess there are more people "falling" from balconies in Pattaya, then there are cars on Sukhumvit Road.

However, It´s nice to hear that they soon will have to attract people that want´s to fall down on their hollidays instead of the ones that want´s to power drink and visit Walking Street and Soi 6 every second hour.

Appearently too many people that visit Pattaya on holiday, also turn blind in that city. Due to that so many cant find the balcony rail. :cheesy:

I'm following your every opinion.

At least you are consistent. ?

Perhaps a little bit wild in your comparisons. 5555 

4 hours ago, Ralf61 said:

Happened to me in Laos, I have to confess. But it wasn't my fault, it was just this bottle of Scotch, and the handrail didn't meet the western Adult Height Requirements, but the plunge height wasn't that much, obviously...:whistling:

It has been studied that a fall from height is survivable from the 4th floor and below, anything from 5th floor and higher is more likely to cause death !