German tourist found in Pattaya park with belt around his neck

webfact

5 minutes ago, mikiea said:

dear god , have these police lost their minds or are they covering up their own ineptness with this fantastically unbelievably poor excuse of a motive ? it is better to say "i do not know "  then pulling a suicide lie outta your keester  . have the coppers here have no shame ?

I'm afraid you've mistaken a TVF police spokesman for the official one.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Most times I ignore all the posts claiming murder but this one bothers me a lot. Terrible way to die as appears he was burned and then choked out. Burned to tell them bank information or for some sick pleasure and then choked out!  Hard to believe this is suicide, more like a Stephen King tourist nightmare. RIP 

The suitcase being 200 away shows sign of murder. They murdered him, took the case, searched the case, disposed of it at, what they thought, a far distance. Do DNA and fingerprints of the suitcase NOW.

Yes, a person can put a belt around their neck and pull it tight. They could be thinking suicide, pull the belt tight,  regret they did it, but too late to loosen it in panic mode. You know to loosen a belt a person has to pull it even tighter...right?

Let me add to my comment. It would seem that if a person is thinking suicide in this manner they would sit someplace and contemplate their actions. A park bench is best. A lonely dirt path and then die in the weeds. Does not make for a suicide case. However, if it was murder, you would think the murder(s) would take the time to move the body farther into the bushes.

17 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

That's not suicide 

You can't strangle yourself to dead

Murder for sure 

R.I.P

You didn't hear of the actor David Carridine years ago asphyxiating and hanging himself with his hands tied behind his back in a closet in Thailand?

2 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Compression of the carotids is a method of suicide albeit very unusual. It is apparently less painful than strangulation. (hanging)

Having read the OP I don't see where the police have concluded it was suicide.

My questions to the guy there when the body was found - was there money in the wallet? Were the belongings placed (stored) on the stairs or ransacked and thrown?

Were the burns on the body recent, post mortem or from an earlier incident?

Didn't touch anything else as the body was found. The stuff that was thrown around was four or five packages of prescribed drugs, can't remember them all but one was just regular paracetamol (although easily overdosed but not a particularly fast way to go) and another was a common diuretic. Saw a pair of in-ear phones, but nothing else, no clothes no wallet. The bag was open and still standing.

19 hours ago, Anthony Loh said:

Sound very ridiculous! A tourist fly all the way to Thailand just because he wanted to commit suicide! What happen to his cash money? How did he tighten his own belt around his own neck? How his belonging walk 200 meter away from him? and many many.............???

...good ole media sensationalizing and publishing stories that haven't been answered yet...what do you expect...historically, disturbed people hang themselves by various means, including belts, shoe-laces. underwear..how about you all wait and see the outcome of the RTP investigation...the mere fact his belongings were intact nearby would support the theory he took his own life..RIP

35 minutes ago, ebean001 said:

Let me add to my comment. It would seem that if a person is thinking suicide in this manner they would sit someplace and contemplate their actions. A park bench is best. A lonely dirt path and then die in the weeds. Does not make for a suicide case. However, if it was murder, you would think the murder(s) would take the time to move the body farther into the bushes.

..you know nothing.

I would not rule out suicide , it is possible to strangle yourself with a belt. But easy to find out really , did he have suicidal tendencies ? Mental illness ? Maybe just better to ask his friends.
Let's hope the CCTV cameras were working.

German in the park latest: Thai girlfriend says he had terminal cancer, sent her final text

26220838_1760036447350615_67385094559913

Image: Sophon

Thai media has reported the latest developments after a German man was found dead with a belt around his neck and burn marks in a Pattaya park.

As Pattaya police met in a two hour crisis meeting called by the provincial chief, Sophon said that a "reliable and believable" source had told them that the victim had met a Thai woman and lived in Pattaya. 

She has apparently told the cops that he was suffering from the final stages of cancer and had sent her a goodbye message that appeared to be a text.

Earlier Frank Glas Fischer had been found in the Khao Phra Yai public park in Pattaya. 

He was said to be 56 in an earlier report and though Sophon said he was 40 his passport appeared to show that he was in fact still 39. 

Chonburi chief Nanthachart Suphamongkhon held an emergency meeting with Pattaya station chief Apichai Krobpetch and his investigative team after the force had said that both suicide and murder were possibilities.

After the meeting police were tight lipped saying that no more details would be given as that might have a detrimental impact on the outcome of the case. 

Source: Sophon

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-01-06

23 hours ago, Anthony Loh said:

Sound very ridiculous! A tourist fly all the way to Thailand just because he wanted to commit suicide! What happen to his cash money? How did he tighten his own belt around his own neck? How his belonging walk 200 meter away from him? and many many.............???

If he was drinking methyl alcohol then he sure was committing suicide although a slow way to go out. :drunk:

Aside from death, there is a nicer feeling way to go blind tho ....  :goof:

22 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

That's not suicide 

Murder for sure 

R.I.P

On 5-1-2018 at 11:15 AM, Anthony Loh said:

19 hours ago, martin.agren said:

He was 39 years old, not 56. Google his name and a photo of his passport shows up (at least on Thai language pages on Facebook), and I've also seen the passport first hand. Was on the scene when two other guys found him dead. The passport was by the bag in the stairs.

Eh it is very simple to commit suicide with a belt on your own. Once the blood stops floating to the brain you are out.Many cases know. Famous is Alfred Speer who hung himself with a necktie against a low radiator to heat the room.

The luggage far away is an item I can agree with. The police is telling it is under investigation. There was not told the wallet was empty at all. 

That he did fly to Thailand to commit suicide is plausible. I am not telling thie guy did. Since the police is investiagting it and even have acces to CCTV camera images. I expect there will be more statements in this.

Read also the story from Martin 

On 1/5/2018 at 7:24 PM, Henrik Andersen said:

That's not suicide 

Murder for sure 

R.I.P

Yes you can. I very well known martial arts expert and club bouncer was found dead suspended from a low height from railings by his belt. That was in Telford UK and declared suicide!

6 hours ago, elgenon said:

You didn't hear of the actor David Carridine years ago asphyxiating and hanging himself with his hands tied behind his back in a closet in Thailand?

If i remember correctly, he was a pervert playing some sexual game with ladyboys and it went wrong.

On ‎05‎.‎01‎.‎2018 at 5:15 PM, Anthony Loh said:

RE - Sound very ridiculous! A tourist fly all the way to Thailand just because he wanted to commit suicide! 

- Its not about the location nor the transportion - it all about the menthal Health the moment the decision is made.....

RE - What happen to his cash Money?

- Pattaya is well known to be a Place where the Money can be burned faster than they can be printed...

RE - How did he tighten his own belt around his own neck? 

- If the belt was still Attached to the pants then a misfit of the design of the pants may be the reason....

RE - How his belonging walk 200 meter away from him?

- I belive "he" has walked away from his belongings....

RIP...

Its what you would expect in the land of make believe tourist being robbed and the local thing being burned, these thing seem to happen a lot here the attempted burning. Na he is a farang so just another suicide

21 hours ago, martin.agren said:

two other guys found him dead

Then start with those two guys then

23 hours ago, martin.agren said:

He was 39 years old, not 56. Google his name and a photo of his passport shows up (at least on Thai language pages on Facebook), and I've also seen the passport first hand. Was on the scene when two other guys found him dead. The passport was by the bag in the stairs.

typical Thai reporting, incorrect facts, reporting with limited information and then no follow up, we wont hear about this again.

It's a wonder the police did not put it down to Hypothermia ,

and was setting his legs alight to keep warm,the belt around

his neck just a coincident, case closed.  RIP  whatever happened.

regards worgeordie

9 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

tortured with burning for his ATM card PIN number and then strangled with his own belt.

So for you he would have been killed for money?...

and aggressors didn't even take his passport???

Any thug in Thailand knows that he can get more than 10'000 baht from a farang passport...

Edited by Pattaya46

this densly wooded area around buddha hill at pratumnak hill is very well known as a hideout for drugaddicts. obviously the german was on his way for some sunrise-fotos of the  big buddha. if you want to commit suicide you do it in your room, but never in the underwoods of an empty fitnesspark and surely not in this way. he was attacked by young drugaddicts, run away 200m, right into the arms of the boss of the gang, the boss always serves as lookout some 100m away. he probably hurt the boss, and then he was tortured and killed.
i would not be surprised, if the criminals go to police and want to go to jail, all their friends are there, drugs are cheap, much better life in jail  than in the underwoods of buddha hill.

Edited by pattayahenry

this densly wooded area around buddha hill at pratumnak hill is very well known as a hideout for drugaddicts. obviously the german was on his way for some sunrise-fotos of the  big buddha. if you want to commit suicide you do it in your room, but never in the underwoods of an empty fitnesspark and surely not in this way. he was attacked by young drugaddicts, run away 200m, right into the arms of the boss of the gang, the boss always serves as lookout some 100m away. he probably hurt the boss, and then he was tortured and killed.
i would not be surprised, if the criminals go to police and want to go to jail, all their friends are there, drugs are cheap, much better life in jail  than in the underwoods of buddha hill.

Stick to playing Cleudo

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 1/5/2018 at 7:24 AM, Henrik Andersen said:

That's not suicide 

Murder for sure 

R.I.P

Actually you can, and it certainly has happened accidentally as well as purposely.  Tighten the belt or rope and at some point the circulation to your brain is cutoff and one blacks out.  Goodness, kids do something similar all the time by simply pressing on their carotid arteries and getting a momentary high and almost blacking out.