Condo Rents Dropping?

Rockjockey

That's what I meant. Not much space for long term. Then what about the quality of furnishings?
The furnishings looked pretty good, it was actually a place i was thinking of buying and the tenant was paying 12k usually higher. Not sure what you mean by "not much space for long term" are you talking about family and/or storage? Personally 66m2 would be easy enough for me/2 but everyone is different. Some people need a house with garden etc

Just now, scubascuba3 said:
2 hours ago, tropo said:
That's what I meant. Not much space for long term. Then what about the quality of furnishings?

The furnishings looked pretty good, it was actually a place i was thinking of buying and the tenant was paying 12k usually higher. Not sure what you mean by "not much space for long term" are you talking about family and/or storage? Personally 66m2 would be easy enough for me/2 but everyone is different. Some people need a house with garden etc

Yes,  from what I am seeing rents are down and what you described is definitely doable.

That is almost 2 times the size of several of the newer projects in town.

The 1br in The Base for example is about 36 sq. m.

Furniture? Seems like a petty complaint.  All I need is a couch or a chair and a big screen....but I guess some with a decorative mindset need more..

20 hours ago, The manic said:

So it the duty of the condo manager/house manager to inform The IO. 

The condo manager is not the house manager. The condo manager only looks after the common areas. The house owner is the co-owner who bought the unit or his appointed agent.

• Like 1

When I visited Pattaya a few years ago for a vacation, one of the condo buildings that I thought would be really nice to live in was View Talay 7. Very close to the beach, some units with direct sea views, good location, etc. If I moved to pattaya, I'd start looking there.

What would a unit in VT 7 be costing these days to rent (1 or 2 BR, any floor, but one of the ones with full frontal sea view)? 

(I'm currently living outside Thailand and paying way too much for rent so I'm hoping I can get some place really nice and save money. I don't need the 2nd BR, but thought there might not be any 1 BR's in VT 7 on the front side.)

7 hours ago, jerry921 said:

When I visited Pattaya a few years ago for a vacation, one of the condo buildings that I thought would be really nice to live in was View Talay 7. Very close to the beach, some units with direct sea views, good location, etc. If I moved to pattaya, I'd start looking there.

What would a unit in VT 7 be costing these days to rent (1 or 2 BR, any floor, but one of the ones with full frontal sea view)? 

(I'm currently living outside Thailand and paying way too much for rent so I'm hoping I can get some place really nice and save money. I don't need the 2nd BR, but thought there might not be any 1 BR's in VT 7 on the front side.)

This should answer some of your questions. 

https://www.hipflat.co.th/en/projects/view-talay-7-nkgeyx

4 hours ago, ThaiBob said:
12 hours ago, jerry921 said:

Good information for nearby restaurants, especially if you're into Italian Pizza.

The location, where the condo is situated, offers a good choice of restaurants. Some of them are listed below:

• Pizza Italian – 180 m (2 minutes by foot)
  • Ran Somtum Mae Pranee – 1.4 km (5 minutes by car)

On 1/17/2018 at 6:36 PM, scubascuba3 said:
On 1/17/2018 at 2:48 PM, tropo said:

Of course, what is sufficient space varies from person to person. When I first arrived in Pattaya I did 5 years in a 2 bedroom 60 m2 plus an outdoor patio. I didn't realise I was going to stay so long and one year became another... then I moved into 210 m2 for another 6 years and more recently into 240 m2. As you buy stuff and become established you need more space. When you're on holiday you can do with less. I'm talking about space for a couple, not one person. I suppose the moral of the story is stay in a small space so you won't miss a decent size living space. It would be hard or even depressing to go back. I'm sure most expats come from bigger places (than 66 m2) back at home. I'm not talking about surviving. I'm talking about living very comfortably.

On 1/18/2018 at 7:48 AM, ThaiBob said:

Thanks that answers some questions. I'd mis-remembered the orientation of the building - I remembered that it was a 'T' shape but had it turned round 180 degrees in my head from the way it's really oriented, so few units have non-angled beach views.

Are some or most of the prices are subject to downward negotiation? I figure the higher prices can probably be talked down to nearer the lower prices, but wonder if the lowest prices are completely firm. I'll need to check back in a couple months after high season I guess.

On 19/01/2018 at 12:22 AM, tropo said:

Of course, what is sufficient space varies from person to person. When I first arrived in Pattaya I did 5 years in a 2 bedroom 60 m2 plus an outdoor patio. I didn't realise I was going to stay so long and one year became another... then I moved into 210 m2 for another 6 years and more recently into 240 m2. As you buy stuff and become established you need more space. When you're on holiday you can do with less. I'm talking about space for a couple, not one person. I suppose the moral of the story is stay in a small space so you won't miss a decent size living space. It would be hard or even depressing to go back. I'm sure most expats come from bigger places (than 66 m2) back at home. I'm not talking about surviving. I'm talking about living very comfortably.

Accumulating more stuff is exactly the opposite of why I moved here.

As I get older I want to have less, not accumulate and have to live in a bigger space.

My one bedroom is 35 sq m and it is the perfect space for me.

50 inch TV's, big shower that easily fits 2 people :), small but efficient kitchen, double balcony. 

Like you said it varies from person to person.

A simple and efficient comfortable life fits me perfectly would not want or need a larger space. 

Edited by bkk6060
  • Thanks 1

On 06/01/2018 at 2:25 PM, Rockjockey said:

Thanks marino28.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I rent a condo in Naklua. 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 2 toilets. Fully furnished just under 100sqm and 100m from Bamboo Beach. I pay 15000pm for it. There are a few available in the complex but they are around 44sqm for around the same price. It's nice and quiet and walking distance to shops and the beach. PM me and I'll give you my agents contact. He's a great bloke and really helpful.

On 1/6/2018 at 2:00 AM, Rockjockey said:

I assume the baht bus route is where you hop in the back of one of those oversized tuk tuks?
Ive stayed in Jomtien close to beach in the past. A few years ago 2010 seem to remember mosquitos were very prevalent back then. Are they still? Thanks Pegman.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Baht bus in Pattaya is those Toyota pick up trucks that have been modified with a roof over the pickup bed and two bench seats.  Tuk Tuks are not that common

Just now, tropo said:

The best-laid plans of mice and men.... neither did I. I didn't know when I moved into a small place that I'd still be here 12 years later. If I'd known I would have started off in a bigger place. There's nothing quite like having space - lots of empty space with no clutter. Before it was a place to crash - now I live in a home. My home gym takes up 25m2, and that's too small for me. Plus, I'm married. I need a separate room for all her clothes LOL. A lady can buy a lot of shit in 12 years.

Haha. Yes, I get it.  If you have a lady then 2 to 3 times what us single guys need.

My ex had 67 pair of shoes all boxed.

Would need another room just for that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

Haha. Yes, I get it.  If you have a lady then 2 to 3 times what us single guys need.

My ex had 67 pair of shoes all boxed.

Would need another room just for that.

Yes, exactly. If I was single I could cut back on a lot of space LOL. I don't buy much for myself.

21 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Accumulating more stuff is exactly the opposite of why I moved here.

As I get older I want to have less, not accumulate and have to live in a bigger space.

My one bedroom is 35 sq m and it is the perfect space for me.

50 inch TV's, big shower that easily fits 2 people :), small but efficient kitchen, double balcony. 

Like you said it varies from person to person.

A simple and efficient comfortable life fits me perfectly would not want or need a larger space. 

I totally agree, people don't even realize that they accumulate useless sh*t all their life, it's ridiculous.

I also do not need bugger space to live even if I could, because I own more than 10 condos that I could sell to buy a big house, but for what ? Die with all my sh*t ? No thank you, let me be free.

An off topic post and reply hae been removed, topic is:

Condo Rents Dropping?

If you want to sell or rent your condo please use classifieds or PM system , thank you.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, FashionExport said:

I totally agree, people don't even realize that they accumulate useless sh*t all their life, it's ridiculous.

I also do not need bugger space to live even if I could, because I own more than 10 condos that I could sell to buy a big house, but for what ? Die with all my sh*t ? No thank you, let me be free.

Everything I buy I use. That's why I buy it. Sometimes stuff gets old and needs to be thrown out. That's the only time "useless sh*t" accumulates. Calling this basic fact of life ridiculous IS ridiculous lol. Obviously, if you live in a very small space you have few options. Don't buy it or have major trouble storing it. In a big space, you don't have that dilemma. You just hide it away until you decide to throw it away.

Moving house is a great way to clean house.  

• Haha 1

Everything I buy I use. That's why I buy it. Sometimes stuff gets old and needs to be thrown out. That's the only time "useless sh*t" accumulates. Calling this basic fact of life ridiculous IS ridiculous lol. Obviously, if you live in a very small space you have few options. Don't buy it or have major trouble storing it. In a big space, you don't have that dilemma. You just hide it away until you decide to throw it away.

It's good that houses are relatively cheap in Thailand vs condos but the problem with houses is you can't own them, it's either the wife or the illegal company

3 hours ago, tropo said:

A champion attitude ! And I guess that you also rent where you live ? A great way to have to clean when you don't even decide it, but when your landlord kick you out for any reason...

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, FashionExport said:

A champion attitude ! And I guess that you also rent where you live ? A great way to have to clean when you don't even decide it, but when your landlord kick you out for any reason...

I haven't been kicked out yet and only moved twice in 12 years. Moving always means improving my lifestyle.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
7 hours ago, tropo said:

It's good that houses are relatively cheap in Thailand vs condos but the problem with houses is you can't own them, it's either the wife or the illegal company

It's not a problem if you don't want to own anything. I don't... but I hit the jackpot - a 240m2 condo. No stairs, no hot roof (like in a house or townhouse), and no side neighbours.

Although houses are relatively cheap as you say, it's hard to find well-appointed houses in good locations as they are normally owned by Thais. If you find a good one, they are expensive to rent.

On 18/01/2018 at 5:13 PM, tropo said:
On 18/01/2018 at 12:48 PM, ThaiBob said:

Good information for nearby restaurants, especially if you're into Italian Pizza.

The location, where the condo is situated, offers a good choice of restaurants. Some of them are listed below:

• Ran Somtum Mae Pranee – 1.4 km (5 minutes by car)

Good location if you want your kids to grow up as tough guys

The closest schools in proximity to View Talay 7 include:

• International The Art Of Fighting Center, located within 6 km away (approximately 16 minutes by car)
  • International The Art Of Fighting Center – 6 km (16 minutes by car)

Seems to me the ad was compiled by a mindless none human bot...

But anyway anyone using that ad as a price guide should be mindful that the prices are sellers dream prices. 

6 hours ago, Basil B said:

Good location if you want your kids to grow up as tough guys

But anyway anyone using that ad as a price guide should be mindful that the prices are sellers dream prices. 

No kids.

Thanks, any opinions (guesses) on how much talking down is possible would be welcome. The web site shows that rents have dropped 11.65% in the last year, so that's consistent with the topic of this thread. With asking prices varying from 30k-50k for the 1BR, 86-96 square meter units, I was guessing the 50kB 1BR units would negotiate a lot but the 30kB units might not be willing to come down much at all. Is a range of 25-35kB for all these units realistic or do people think I could do even better?

Lol at the mostly-empty 248 square meter penthouse unit renting for 70k.... Sorry, I'm not into roller skating.

8 hours ago, jerry921 said:

No kids.

Thanks, any opinions (guesses) on how much talking down is possible would be welcome. The web site shows that rents have dropped 11.65% in the last year, so that's consistent with the topic of this thread. With asking prices varying from 30k-50k for the 1BR, 86-96 square meter units, I was guessing the 50kB 1BR units would negotiate a lot but the 30kB units might not be willing to come down much at all. Is a range of 25-35kB for all these units realistic or do people think I could do even better?

Lol at the mostly-empty 248 square meter penthouse unit renting for 70k.... Sorry, I'm not into roller skating.

I know you can do better on a long-term rental on a mid to higher floor. If I were renting my unit I would want a long term renter. But not every landlord feels this way as long-term renters are in short supply and will rent to holiday tourists at astronomically high prices. 

BTW, the 86 sqm unit next to me on a high floor sold for just over 100k per sqm. On the market for just under one year. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, tropo said:

It's not a problem if you don't want to own anything. I don't... but I hit the jackpot - a 240m2 condo. No stairs, no hot roof (like in a house or townhouse), and no side neighbours.

Although houses are relatively cheap as you say, it's hard to find well-appointed houses in good locations as they are normally owned by Thais. If you find a good one, they are expensive to rent.

And security is an issue. You need a dog or two.

5 hours ago, ThaiBob said:

BTW, the 86 sqm unit next to me on a high floor sold for just over 100k per sqm. On the market for just under one year. 

hipflat is saying current asking prices in VT 7 are 79.1kB per square meter. 100kB is closer to the price hipflat gives for Wong Amat Tower (97.1kB/m2). Are you in VT7?

15 hours ago, FashionExport said:

And what about houses ? Can we really get super cheap houses around Pattaya ? Or as usual do they prefer that house remains empty ?

Of course you can find super cheap houses. The further out from Central Pattaya and the rougher they are, the cheaper they are. I stopped looking under 25k though as I couldn't live in them. At 30k things improved a bit, but not by much. I'm referring only to furnished houses. If you want empty places, your options increase and prices drop,

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jerry921 said:

hipflat is saying current asking prices in VT 7 are 79.1kB per square meter. 100kB is closer to the price hipflat gives for Wong Amat Tower (97.1kB/m2). Are you in VT7?

You have to remember that Hipflat's figure is just an average of prices.  Obviously, a low floor, no seaview condo will likely sell for less than one on a high floor with seaview.  Condition of the condo and improvements also figure in.  And, there are always exceptions.  Last year I had a condo for sale for 10.9MB.  One agency declined to list the condo because the average price per sqm for my building put the value of my condo in the 8MB range.  They thought I had priced my condo ridiculously high and it would be a waste of their time to list it.  It sold for 10.5.

• Like 2