Just bought two ultrasound dog repellers....

beautifulthailand99

35 minutes ago, murraynz said:

i have bought a small taser from a shop on pattaya beach rd {not used it yet}  . i have noticed that the last dog that bit me, now has a muzzle...what a pity, i was dying to try the laser on it...i"m also a little concerned about how thais will react if they see me using it??

The problem with a taser (that you are talking about) is that it is a short range defensive weapon. If the dogs are not scared of the sound, then you might have problems while extending your arm to strike.

And if the beast is already biting you, don't forget that the electrical charge will hit you as well through the dog, if it is well connected through it's fangs...................:thumbsup:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/7/2018 at 2:30 AM, Air Smiles said:

You should read up on canine psychology its way more effective than any of these devices will be.

Have you ever seen how wild dogs/wolves etc hunt? ...running is the worst thing you can do!

Have you read up on canine "psychology" yourself. Do you give the dogs mental therapy?

17 hours ago, chrisinth said:

To the OP, I reckon your ultrasound devices will work to a certain extent, but not as advertised.

They will likely boost your self confidence while dealing with the dogs you encounter, but that's it. And sometimes that is all that is needed.

If someone can show me these things working successfully on a security dog or attack dog then I might start believing.

Personal opinion of course..........:thumbsup:

the self-confidence bit is key I think - that and treats (I hope). I want to not feel inhibited from having a wander when the mood takes me and I've never felt threatened by Thais even when stumbling through the slums by the side of the railway at Baiyoke.  One of the great things about Thailand that it is relatively safe  - god knows what would happen if you take the wrong turning in the USA for example and find yourself in a ghetto. 

15 hours ago, OJAS said:

Probably a good thing that you steered clear of this particular model based on my mixed experiences of using it on the soi mutts round here. Some do run a mile but others just stand their ground and bark even more loudly than before.

Hope you have better luck here with the model which you have purchased.

arrive Thursday for an in country test. BTW have noticed that stray dogs who live in temples must have to have a placid nature if they are to stay and remain  there. As I have never had as problem with any there. 

15 hours ago, OJAS said:

Probably a good thing that you steered clear of this particular model based on my mixed experiences of using it on the soi mutts round here. Some do run a mile but others just stand their ground and bark even more loudly than before.

Hope you have better luck here with the model which you have purchased.

As I have two it will be interesting to see if a double dose makes any difference. They are 10 quid each or around 450 baht, 

22 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

the self-confidence bit is key I think - that and treats (I hope). I want to not feel inhibited from having a wander when the mood takes me and I've never felt threatened by Thais even when stumbling through the slums by the side of the railway at Baiyoke.  One of the great things about Thailand that it is relatively safe  - god knows what would happen if you take the wrong turning in the USA for example and find yourself in a ghetto. 

Depends on the ghetto.  Lonely Planet suggests carrying one or more variety of treats, to be thrown behind you as a distraction, whilst running away to safety.

A. Malt liquor and menthol cigarettes.

B. A full-size, cardboard likeness of a US Border Patrol Agent.

C. Marijuana, Mountain Dew and Snickers bars.

Choose wisely, and quickly.