Legal Marijuana Production in Thailand as a Cash Crop

With the Thai Farmers making so little money growing rice, why doesn't the country consider growing marijuana for its numerous uses...and make a great deal more money for its citizens?  There are many other uses for marijuana besides Recreational Use...and the USA is finally gotten smart and the Big Tobacco companies are getting ready to jump on it...and the Monsanto and the Bayer companies are already doing it. So WHY not Thailand...their citizens deserve it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't imagine the legal markets for weed would support industrial volume farming without seriously eroding the price that farmers would get. 

But I may be underestimating the market for hemp fiber and hemp oil.  Even in those cases, I suspect the farmers would still be on a subsistence livelihood and Thailand's Elite will figure out a licensing or quota scheme to keep all the real money for themselves.

...."the USA has finally gotten smart".....??  Firstly, it's not the entire USA who have legalized, only small pockets.  Secondly, the US feds are about to tighten the screws on the few states who have legalized.  So no, the USA hasn't "gotten smart."    

On 1/8/2018 at 4:28 PM, Berkshire said:

...."the USA has finally gotten smart".....??  Firstly, it's not the entire USA who have legalized, only small pockets.  Secondly, the US feds are about to tighten the screws on the few states who have legalized.  So no, the USA hasn't "gotten smart."    

Medical use in half states, doctor prescription available even online. I think that it's not USA that hasn't got smart.