PM orders check of high food and drink prices at Suvarnabhumi and Don Mueang airports

webfact

56 minutes ago, Polaky said:

People don't mind paying extra for quality food, however airport food is at the lower rung, and just above airline food, they might be in cahoot's together.

Well I actually enjoy most airline food  . Of course I have had some airline food that was pathetic and not eaten but thats another topic .

The airports of course have a captive clientele and it appears that many do not care how much they are spending as it is the end of their holidays but  I am normally armed with sandwiches , however cannot beat the drinking side of things and it is annoying to pay over the odds for a beer or two but you have little choice  ( Bill Bentleys Pub , Suvarnabhumi is ok  ) . I believe some credit cards can give you cheap or free entry to some of the lounges or for the frequent traveler an annual card can be bought to gain access to many lounges . 

They are complaining about 40 baht for a bottle of water?...that same bottle would cost you 100 baht at any American airport and when I landed once in Beijing.they wanted $17 USD for a bottle of water.

Who cares what it costs in USA, Beijing or Outer Mongolia.

This is Thailand.

Of course airport prices are always higher than in the city.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

My gf paid over 300bht for a noodle soup the other day, 10% of the money she had on her. Thats more than she makes for 2 washes/dry of customer hair in the mornings in buriram. Unfair, although she will likely eat before going to the airport next time

39 minutes ago, shaggy851 said:

My gf paid over 300bht for a noodle soup the other day, 10% of the money she had on her. Thats more than she makes for 2 washes/dry of customer hair in the mornings in buriram. Unfair, although she will likely eat before going to the airport next time

Same here, our Maid from MiaMar is always complaining, especially the high prices for the Helicopter Service to the airport. She has to work for 2 week, collect my dirty, smelling underwear, which isn't fun (for her) to afford the service. I've explained her several times, she is our maid not my GF, GIG, whatever and advise to take the bus.

On 1/10/2018 at 9:59 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

I already answered that, but to repeat, food is available at Family Mart and can be taken through security to airside, and same with an empty water bottle to fill at a free water dispenser.

In other postings the maintenance of the filters has been questioned. Do you think bottled water would be less contaminated?

At Swampy before going through security iwill snack at Family mart (and possibly get something to eat in departures if a long wait). If flying from domestic at Swampy there is a shop at the end of the walkway after security (just before the other food shops) which sells drinks from the royal project for about 16 baht! Haven't tried any food from them before though.

In 10 years, i have NEVER bought anything from Kingpower.

• 1 month later...

I always patronize only the food court, on the lower (first) level. It is where all of the Thai employees eat. Decent food, and low prices. 60 baht for a good meal. The restaurants upstairs are for the rich people, or the fools.

But, the idea of Little P. actually getting off his lazy butt, and doing something that actually benefited the Thai people, and especially the foreigners is like a routine out of a George Carlin sketch. Never will happen. It is part of his daily hyperbole. This is what this clown does. He talks, talks and talks, and nothing ever gets done. At least nothing of benefit to the people, and especially the tourists who provide a huge influx of cash, yet continue to be treated like offensive garbage by this administration, on every level. 

Also, one great thing about the airports here, is that 7/11 and Family Mart charge nearly the same price, as in other locations. So they are a great source of water and snack foods. But, at the very least, an unlimited amount of free hot and cold drinking water should be provided, at many different locations throughout the airports, as is the case in any world class airport these days. Just another example of Thailand missing the boat, and the kind of thing that happens when there is an extraordinary lack of creative minds at work, combined with the false belief that money is everything.

Little P. - Moving Thailand backwards daily, at an astonishing and alarming pace.

Edited by spidermike007