Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s---hole’ countries

webfact

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, chippendale said:

If the countries mentioned by Trump aren't pestilential sh!tholes, then why are so many of their citizens trying to flee to Europe's welfare paradise and to Trump's land of opportunity?

They badly messed up their own countries. They should stay and fix them instead of becoming a nuisance in civilized societies.

I commend your courage in blithely displaying your unabashed ignorance of history.

Perhaps poster hykul1147 can copy and paste a couple of relevant history books for you to read.

16 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

I commend your courage in blithely displaying your unabashed ignorance of history.

Perhaps poster hykul1147 can copy and paste a couple of relevant history books for you to read.

"Perhaps poster hykul1147 can copy and paste a couple of relevant history books for you to read."

Please no, not that. pull his fingernails out instead, anything  but more cut and paste diarreah 

Edited by isaanbanhou

21 hours ago, Patong2 said:

"it's worth noting that former President Obama called the African country of Libya a “shit show” just two years ago. The comments were recorded in an interview with The Atlantic. The wide-ranging interview was based on Obama's foreign policy"

So why the double standard?

President Obama said it in a public interview

President Trump said it in a private meeting.

President Obama's remarks were not made in public.   Stop with the mis-truths.   

He was criticizing Cameron's role and allowing it to become a mess.   Here's a quote:

Referring to that mess in private, Mr Obama reportedly uses the more colourful term, “shit show”.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/barack-obama-says-david-cameron-allowed-libya-to-become-a-s-show-a6923976.html

1 hour ago, hyku1147 said:

Evidence for argument - not high school argumentum ad hominem - fuels productive dialogue.

It's one thing to copy and paste and link to evidence of a factual nature in support of arguments you make. .It's quite another to post someone else's argument.

Also, you should get acquainted with Thaivisa's fair use rules which you massively violated. 

31 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

It's one thing to copy and paste and link to evidence of a factual nature in support of arguments you make. .It's quite another to post someone else's argument.

Also, you should get acquainted with Thaivisa's fair use rules which you massively violated. 

The post and replies have been removed.   Please feel free to use the report button when members violate the Fair Use Rule.   It does put the site in jeopardy when Fair Use is not followed.  

Well, now it seems Donny John said sh*thouse not sh*thole, so that makes it all the better. Also, it allows Perdue and Cotton to be able to deny the sh*thole comment. How nice.

Trump's 'sh*thole' comment was apparently 'sh*thouse', yes it's a word

http://mashable.com/2018/01/15/trump-shithouse-shithole-comment/

17 minutes ago, Silurian said:

Well, now it seems Donny John said sh*thouse not sh*thole, so that makes it all the better. Also, it allows Perdue and Cotton to be able to deny the sh*thole comment. How nice.

That's ridiculous. Nobody would say that. Who do they think they're fooling? 

35 minutes ago, Silurian said:

What he actually said was “shirt-house” —you know, like “Pancake House”

Perfectly innocent.

Totally, totally racist calling it White House, should at least be Black House, in keeping with all those southern gentlemen being removed from their 150-year-old statues down south, fact is I would re-name it  S. H .I. T.E House

A great problem now arises when  shit becomes a worthwhile commodity, wind power perhaps, but S H I T E now powers the world, Africa powerhouse of the universe

Edited by altcar bob

i'm going to try one more time.  does anyone commenting on this forum actually care about the immigration policies of the USA ?  it seems like it is just a forum to bash donald trump (with at least 75% not even US citizens, when we are talking about immigration for the USA !!).  i understand trump has not conducted himself in a manner that most consider 'normal'.  but, as an american, i would suggest that many members of congress and senate have not performed in a way that is productive to resolving immigration issues for many, many years (going back to the 1980's).  and that is what has led us to the current 'problem' with immigration.  trump has been handed a bad hand in this 'deal'.  the previous 'leaders' have simply kicked the can down the road and done nothing, if it was dealt with years ago, things would not be as bad as they are now.  in recent years, illegal immigrants have been able to obtain a valid drivers license (in the past they took the bus).  how many of the thaivisa forum members come from a country where an illegal immigrant is able to obtain a drivers license ?  how many thai visa members come from a country where illegal immigrants can have a child that then becomes a citizen of your nation ? (automatically).  how many thai visa members come from a country that takes in refugees from a natural disaster in their home country for 15+ years ?  (i fully understand taking in those in war torn areas).

there has to be and end to this mania.  my suggested solution for trump is the following:

forget about the 'wall'.  trade that for other items.

allow everyone who is currently in the USA to stay and have a relatively easy path to citizenship.  even allow a misdemeanor arrest or two but no felonies as they move through the process to citizenship (no one is perfect, mistakes happen).

stop the policy of bringing immigrants to USA due to a natural disaster in their home country.

stop the policy of giving citizenship to a child born on US soil to parents that are not US citizens (one parent needs to be a citizen).  the child should have the same status as the parents, most likely on a visa of some sort so they get a dependent visa, not automatic citizenship.

do more to enforce the law and deport illegal immigrants.   use the military if necessary.  they can reinforce the staff that already exist at checkpoints but likely let many illegal immigrants go past due to lack of man/women power.

it is time for washington DC (and thaivisa) to put the personalities aside and focus on the real problem.  as i said before in this thread, the immigration problem started along time before trump showed up on the scene.  so this isn't about trump, it is about immigration in america.

The thread is about trump. Changing the born in the USA citizenship thing would require a constitutional amendment. Highly unlikely.

I think most Americans care about immigration policy and don't want it to be dominatef by a white supremacist ideology. trump is president but represents a minority of Americans as he was elected by a minority and still has very low approval ratings with little chance of much improvement ever.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

It's irrelevant which shit word he used. The much bigger issue is the racism revealed by the context.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 1/15/2018 at 3:13 PM, Silurian said:

Paraphrasing Colbert:

Some say it was “sh*t-hole” Some say it was “sh*t-house”

Either way, Trump is an asshouse who doesn’t belong in the Whitehole.

34 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The thread is about trump.

i don't see it that way but obviously most on this site do.  that is a theme on thaivisa.com whenever the word 'trump' is involved (i understand, but i think we need to get past it).  reading the OP, trump reacted to issues regarding immigration.  i don't see that it is a stretch to focus on the issues rather than trump's reaction.   i would understand focusing on the reaction by trump if it was somehow different than his usual reaction (not well received by most due to his 'delivery').  but he is who he is and we can't change it.  personally, on an issue as serious as immigration, i think a change to the constitution is reasonable.  it was drafted back when nearly everyone was an immgrant, which is not the case today.  similar to the right to bear arms (it is a little outdated).

<<<<Reply to removed post edited out>>>>

Edited by metisdead

28 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It's irrelevant which shit word he used. The much bigger issue is the racism revealed by the context.

i would suggest that the immigration policy is a bigger issue than trump using the word shithole or shithouse or any other word that give people the feeling (or knowledge) that trump is a racist.  he can't control the immigration policy, he has to work with people that don't have the same 'feelings' as he does.  so the policy itself is bigger than trump and his 'beliefs'.

21 minutes ago, buick said:

i would suggest that the immigration policy is a bigger issue than trump using the word shithole or shithouse or any other word that give people the feeling (or knowledge) that trump is a racist.  he can't control the immigration policy, he has to work with people that don't have the same 'feelings' as he does.  so the policy itself is bigger than trump and his 'beliefs'.

Geez man, what's wrong with you guys.  Of course Trump's opinion and beliefs matter.  HE'S THE FREAKIN POTUS!  Because his beliefs can transform into government policy.  And if he's a racist, it can impact a lot more than just immigration policy.   

8 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Because his beliefs can transform into government policy. 

are you from america ?  it takes alot more than a president's beliefs to make a policy.  look at obama.  he had alot of beliefs that didn't get to the policy stage as they were blocked by senate and/or congress.  republicans don't fully agree with trump on many things so if trump wants to see a 'win' in his column, he will have to work with people that will 'manage' his beliefs.  i'm betting he gives on 'the wall concept' (at least i sure hope he does as it would be a useless endeavor).

edit: as an extreme example, trump can't initiate a nuclear strike all by himself. 

Edited by buick

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

I think most Americans care about immigration policy

let me put it this way, would you agree with the 'proposal' i put forth in my main post ?  i know you and i are usually on opposite sides of the political spectrum.  but i'd easily agree to what i put forth (although it goes against what i'd prefer).  and i think most americans would agree to it.  the problem, as i've said, is the long standing stalemate due to the personalities in the senate and congress, which pre-date trump.  they can't make a compromise, even if those that voted them into power would make one.  and i don't think it is wrong to use a 'foul word' to describe the situation.  although trump, as usual, has not chosen his word(s) wisely.

1 hour ago, buick said:

You weren't replying to my post about the context. Perhaps you don't know the context. Maybe try again, or perhaps, not. 

37 minutes ago, buick said:

let me put it this way, would you agree with the 'proposal' i put forth in my main post ?  i know you and i are usually on opposite sides of the political spectrum.  but i'd easily agree to what i put forth (although it goes against what i'd prefer).  and i think most americans would agree to it.  the problem, as i've said, is the long standing stalemate due to the personalities in the senate and congress, which pre-date trump.  they can't make a compromise, even if those that voted them into power would make one.  and i don't think it is wrong to use a 'foul word' to describe the situation.  although trump, as usual, has not chosen his word(s) wisely.

I'm not interested in discussing this in such a macro pie in the sky way on this much more focused topic. There isn't going to be a constitutional amendment. There isn't any political will to legalize everyone here now from either party.

3 hours ago, buick said:

3 hours ago, buick said:

That is true, but as regards government policy in America, process always counts for more than substance.