Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s---hole’ countries

webfact

2 hours ago, The manic said:

Freezing, expensive, provincial and joyless=Norway 

Indeed. Shame on the Norwegians for their well functioning society that routinely comes out on top regarding best places to live! Shame on them for their high standard of living, low crime rate, highest in the world life expectancy, free health care and education! How dare they make the US look like a 3rd world country in some respects!

The place must be......uhm, freezing and....uh...joyless and....expensive and.....and...PROVINCIAL! There, take that you happy people you!!!!!

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My evaluation of the posts so far have put them into two camps.  1.  Trump is a racist and embarrassment to America.

2.  It makes sense not to allow immigrants from shithole countries.   

The level of crime in Haiti should be regarded as beyond horrific. There are no "safe" areas. many kidnap victims who are returned (many are not) report being beaten, tortured, and sexually abused.

Haiti is one of the most violent dangerous places on earth.

https://www.worldnomads.com/travel-safety/caribbean/haiti/haiti-high-crime-and-chaos

Are these the kind of people you want as neighbors?  I think they should make the CNN execs and a couple people from this thread spend some quality time with the good people of Haiti. 

2 hours ago, doggie1955 said:

Take a good look at Norway's refugee crisis, and you will see why Trump does not want them in our country.

Norway wanted them...so deal with it and stop crying. Soon they will make Norway there new sh!thole country!

Well perhaps the USA should stop sending troops around the world turning countries with functioning systems and healthcare into shithole countries and then leaving the rest of it's allies to clean up the mess.

The statement from Trump is all a bit rich considering that under Trump the US is rapidly becoming one of those shithole countries.

My evaluation of the posts so far have put them into two camps.  1.  Trump is a racist and embarrassment to America.

The level of crime in Haiti should be regarded as beyond horrific. There are no "safe" areas. many kidnap victims who are returned (many are not) report being beaten, tortured, and sexually abused.

https://www.worldnomads.com/travel-safety/caribbean/haiti/haiti-high-crime-and-chaos

Are these the kind of people you want as neighbors?  I think they should make the CNN execs and a couple people from this thread spend some quality time with the good people of Haiti. 

Irrational argument. Demonizing all the people of Haiti because of difficult conditions there. My ancestors dealt with the same sort of ignorant racist xenophobic bigotry in their immigration struggle. The USA has advanced in that but now the trumpist deplorables want to turn the clock back to the dark ages. Shame on them. May their fascist movement burn out ASAP.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Can't have those Haitians come in and show up America's youth by becoming the valedictorian! No wonder why Donny John has his panties tied in knots.

From Haiti earthquake victim to high school valedictorian

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2016/06/02/from-haiti-earthquake-victim-high-school-valedictorian/5KwTwsCvnKwGXaythjRNqN/story.html

8 hours ago, jackh said:

Cudos to Trump. Maybe a bit crude, but he speaks his mind. A lot more politicians should give it a try. He has sound reasons for his feelings, and I rightly agree. People who will come to America to continue to leach of handouts are not welcome. Once Trump passes the 5 year ban on welfare, just count how many from sh^$hole countries will come here. 90% less. Good on him.

I've know 'good ol boys and girls' whose families have been in the US for generations. More often than not, they're fat, do pharma drugs, love their guns, have IQ's under 80, and get SSI and other hand-outs. 

On the other hand, I know many Americans who were born in other countries.  Many of them are dark skinned and some have accents.  To a greater extent than the 'good ol' boys and girls' - they work hard to support their families, they pay taxes, and they don't go and shoot animals and people with guns.   

White Americans are annoyed when they see East Indians or other Asians in their school classes, because they know the scholastic standards will be higher.  

11 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Now in tweet trumplandia, the clown potus is DENYING he ever called those countries s-hole! It was confirmed already by bipartisan attendees. Does his base actually believe  his lies? Wow.

From CNN's Kaitlan Collins:

President Trump spent his Thursday night phoning aides, allies and friends, asking them how they thought the “shithole” remark was playing out in the press.

One White House official referred to this as a “victory lap.”

Trump asked why the US needs more Haitians. Mar-a-Lago may hold the answer

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/12/trump-asked-why-the-us-needs-more-haitians-mar-a-lago-may-hold-the-answer.html

That's because The Mar-a-Lago Club, Trump's mansion-cum-golf resort in Palm Beach, Florida, reportedly hires more of its seasonal foreign workers from Haiti than it does from nearly any other country.

As stated in the above article, I like the fact that the club recently applied for and received 70 H-2B visas. Which mean that Donny John petitioned the government for more Haitians to be allowed into America!

31 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

I've know 'good ol boys and girls' whose families have been in the US for generations. More often than not, they're fat, do pharma drugs, love their guns, have IQ's under 80, and get SSI and other hand-outs. 

On the other hand, I know many Americans who were born in other countries.  Many of them are dark skinned and some have accents.  To a greater extent than the 'good ol' boys and girls' - they work hard to support their families, they pay taxes, and they don't go and shoot animals and people with guns.   

White Americans are annoyed when they see East Indians or other Asians in their school classes, because they know the scholastic standards will be higher.  

Wow - what a bigot.

Having lived in Tennessee and North Carolina, you are waaaaaaaaaaaay off mark. The majority of people there are decent folk. Yes they are white, yes they go to church but they work hard and so what if they have been there for generations?

Americans that were born in other countries are no better than other people at all. 

Why the hatred?

15 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The "president" is racist.

I concur. Not news really.

Don Lemon is your typical liberal snowflake looking for an excuse to meltdown at whatever Trump says.

Of course the countries are shit holes - that's why everyone wants to leave them! 

It's a huge problem. How it will be resolved within these countries is a mystery. Remember Live Aid in the 80's? Give all that money to 'save Africa' - yet the whole continent is a basket case.

Corruption, lack of education, violence. No wonder people want to leave. The solution is to 'fix' those countries. Taking the best and brightest from those countries is doing those nations a disservice.

Next time you see a doctor from India or Pakistan or an African state - might be worth having a think about the people back home in shitganistan that aren't getting treatment...

This is a great Analysis from Mark Dice

Best comment on there "We cannot ignore the fact that Donald Trump has turned the White House into a shit hole" - and that my friends is the absolute funniest comment about this that has or will be made. Not sure who the woman is that said it but kudos to her for thinking it up!

Senator Durban:

“I cannot believe that in the history of the White House, in that Oval Office, any president has ever spoken the words that I personally heard our president speak yesterday.”

U.N. human rights spokesman Rupert Colville: 

"There is no other word one can use but 'racist'. "You cannot dismiss entire countries and continents as 'shitholes', whose entire populations, who are not white, are therefore not welcome."

15 hours ago, steven100 said:

At least he has the balls to speak his mind .....  not like other so called democratic smoke screen countries such as Australia where all you get is BS and lies.

Yeah, he’s all balls and no grey matter. 

Except, no balls either. If he had balls, he wouldn’t now be denying he said it.

There is a lot of misinformation.   People are not admitted legally to the US without a visa and those with an immigrant visa have gone through a significant amount of paperwork.   The US can, and does, routinely refuse applications.   The sponsoring person may not have sufficient funds, for example.   The person may have not passed the physical exam.  

Those immigrating to the US are legal, they have met or surpassed all the qualifications.   They may have been in the queue for a long time.  

The US can limit those numbers with the stroke of a pen.   The problem becomes that if you wish to admit more doctors, a problem comes up if you decide they can only come from countries like Norway.  

Is it OK to say that some of these countries aren't that nice?

Or do we have to say they are all fantastic?

'cause people are leaving those countries for a reason.....

So if "shit hole" is not acceptable. How would one describe a country whose residents want to leave en masse?

Also - Norway is the richest country in the world, so why not use it as an example in the discussion? Is it immoral to point out that Norway is so much better than Haiti?

2 hours ago, amvet said:

From cradle to grave, United States protected Jean-Claude Duvalier

www.indystar.com/story/opinion/2014/10/13/cradle-grave-united-states-protected-jean-claude-duvalier

Funny blaming Haitians for having bad government when America supported the dictator and facilitated his staying in power.

Kind of like blaming  ones wife for having such an idiot for a husband.

6 minutes ago, CarlosFandango said:

So if "shit hole" is not acceptable. How would one describe a country whose residents want to leave en masse?

Also - Norway is the richest country in the world, so why not use it as an example in the discussion? Is it immoral to point out that Norway is so much better than Haiti?

It's probably better that he not say anything about the countries, and if he does, it should be a little less controversial.   

31 minutes ago, CarlosFandango said:

I guess it is kind of like telling someone  your wife is like a little brown monkey with a face like a dog's *ss.  While it might be my opinion of her, I am sure you don't want to hear it. 

Arrogance and Ignorance are the attributes are now respected in America.  Kindness and Compassion are for the weak.

2 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

Regardless of which country one is emigrating from to the US it is estimated that over 30% of US jobs will be lost to automation by 2030. There is growing talk and consideration of a Basic Income because so many Americans will be out of the work force and might have no other way to sustain themselves. Both the idea of increasing immigrant flows and Basic Income tend to be floated by the same political party. How does one reconcile increasing numbers of immigrants, particularly undocumented immigrants with the fact that so many native Americans are going to be displaced?

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Senator Durban:

“I cannot believe that in the history of the White House, in that Oval Office, any president has ever spoken the words that I personally heard our president speak yesterday.”

U.N. human rights spokesman Rupert Colville: 

"There is no other word one can use but 'racist'. "You cannot dismiss entire countries and continents as 'shitholes', whose entire populations, who are not white, are therefore not welcome."

He should listen to the LBJ Tapes.

Archived