Thai sex industry now worth 260 billion baht, say Thai media

webfact

21 minutes ago, Thechook said:

There are a lot of women's groups in Australia who will tell you that men make women into prostitutes and abuse them.  Women never want to have their bodies abused but it is men who convince them to choose the path

There are women's groups in Thailand made up of sex workers that will tell you ngo's and the police exploit women who have chosen to be prostitutes.  Most of the prostitutes I've know are in the business to escape an abusive marriage or other home life and are much happier than they were when saddled with an abusive husband and/or family.  But I've only know a thousand or so.  So maybe I just attract happy hookers.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Thechook said:

There are a lot of women's groups in Australia who will tell you that men make women into prostitutes and abuse them.  Women never want to have their bodies abused but it is men who convince them to choose the path

"There are a lot of women's groups in Australia who will tell you that men make women into prostitutes and abuse them"

lol...are they the ones who wear 'daggy' clothes and have facial hair? :whistling:  Ok ok, not politically correct, but tell someone who cares. :thumbsup:

During a period of time when I had my own financial planning business, I happened to have a client who was a sex worker. Of her own accord. A very attractive Dutch girl who, previously,  was a member of an airline cabin crew,.She was charging $1500 a night (20 years ago) many clients and she chose when she wanted to work. Perhap's some members of those "women's groups" are just jealous or married or both? :whistling:

• Thanks 2

And the Goverment wants to get rid of this industry! The country woukd go broke in a very short time. It supports most of Esan and other areas. The girls are generally happy (as long as not underage or forced) and they enjoy the cash. Why kill the goose with the golden egg? Let it prosper - as long as prostitution is illegal in Thailand. Although prostitution here would never compare with prostitution in other western countries. The girls here are vastly more beautiful and way more willing.

5 hours ago, hansnl said:

I wonder how much is stomped up by the locals and how much by the tourists and expats

Guess 95%-5% respectively.

Less than 1 percent of the population are tourists and expats, so if it is five percent they are contributing more than their fare share.

There must be some seriously hard up Ugly scum guys in the world  holidaying and living here. Chucking wads of cash at women because they cannot pull back home sad sods, but you know where to go if you are one of them. Sick old men who simply cannot pull a bird, laughing at you big time.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

There must be some seriously hard up Ugly scum guys in the world  holidaying and living here. Chucking wads of cash at women because they cannot pull back home sad sods, but you know where to go if you are one of them. Sick old men who simply cannot pull a bird, laughing at you big time.

I'd hardly call 1000 baht " wads of cash" unless you are an economic refugee on a pension. 

Here's a concept...... Mind your own business about what other people do.  Many people come to Thailand to get away from people just like you. Stay in the UK..... Please. 

Edited by tryasimight

3 hours ago, Mac98 said:

On this topic, I've got a newbie coming for a visit. Of the Pattaya soapies does anyone have a favorite?

Newbie to what - prostitution? 

Travelling thousands of miles for a little stimulation of nerve endings in his glans.

Tell him - think of the human being doing the stimulation, she / he has feelings . 

39 minutes ago, peterb17 said:

Actually just tell him - he is a low life sexpat 

I think you mean sex tourist as he is just visiting but to answer the question:Try all the soapies but by and large BKK is much better for all massage services. Especially Soi 24 22 26 And Soi 24/1 Sukhumvit Bangkok. In Pattaya avoid Rasputin. In the others walk in take a seat, order a drink,  check out the girls and leave or stay accordingly untill you see a girl you like. A pleasant afternoon showing your pal around. Start about 1 30 in the afternoon.

Edited by The manic
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, amdy2206 said:

And the Goverment wants to get rid of this industry! The country woukd go broke in a very short time. It supports most of Esan and other areas. The girls are generally happy (as long as not underage or forced) and they enjoy the cash. Why kill the goose with the golden egg? Let it prosper - as long as prostitution is illegal in Thailand. Although prostitution here would never compare with prostitution in other western countries. The girls here are vastly more beautiful and way more willing.

And more free independent and fun.

I`ve read that drug cartels are giving up dealing in drugs and taking up human trafficking instead because the illegal sex industry is more profitable than drug dealing. Big money to be made in the flesh trade.

Strange that many governments don`t legalise prostitution, considering the revenue in taxes and licences they are losing out on.

• Like 1

Impressive numbers, you punters have been paying "too mutt!"

I'm sure all the backhanders involved are feeling cheated of their "fair share."

So, what now?  "Thai Sex Futures" being sold on SET?

News of the future: Now that AIDS/HIV is curable, Goldman-Sachs has given Thai Sex Bonds an A rating.