Video: Hunt on for hi-so open top Mercedes-Benz driver who knocked out security guard

webfact

Video: Hunt on for hi-so open top Mercedes-Benz driver who knocked out security guard

3pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Thai Rath reported on an incident at a hotel in Phuket in the early hours of Monday morning when the driver of an open top Mercedes-Benz assaulted a security guard who was doing his job.

Thai Rath were contacted by a female friend of the guard who showed them CCTV footage in an attempt to get justice.

The footage showed the driver get out and drag a security guard by the lanyard to the passenger side of his vehicle. A foreign passenger gets out of the seat next to the driver but is not involved.

An argument ensues and then the guard is punched in the face and repeatedly kicked on the ground before being dragged to the side of the road.

A dog is then placed in the back of the vehicle before he drives off. The significance of this, if any, was not mentioned in the article.

The footage was taken outside the lobby of a Patong, Phuket hotel. Witnesses said the argument was over the exchange of ID at the hotel entrance.

The driver of the Benz was reluctant to give his ID card and when asked to do so the attack happened, said Thai Rath.

No mention has been made of police action though the crime has been reported by the guard who Thai Rath said was seriously hurt.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-01-16

At one stage in that looped tape I thought he briefly pulled something from his pocket before putting it back. A gun?

Judging by his ride and the way he was pushing (and pulling) people around, I'm guessing senior cop.

Edited by Old Croc

3 hours ago, Old Croc said:

At one stage in that looped tape I thought he briefly pulled something from his pocket before putting it back. A gun?

Judging by his ride and the way he was pushing (and pulling) people around, I'm guessing senior cop.

I thought the same - Police or Army.... 

Based on the hair-cuts, the over-confident aggressive behavior, clothes, lack of taste having the roof down at night and possible 'show boating' in front of a junior....

Certainly not 'hi-so' but perhaps moderately well connected for such brutish and openly careless behavior... 

6 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

A fat bully, who will probably never be punished, even if he is identified and questioned, unfortunately.

image.png.ae2f8072b548a13f5ae2b5190ef905da.png

Just another wealthy self important bully who believes he's entitled to do as he pleases because he's untouchable.

The sad thing is, he's probably right.

Did anything ever happen to those youths who killed the German guy whose motor scooter they were sitting on? And bozo here has a Merc convertible!

Can anyone else see a common denominator with all these HiSo Tosser’s being absolute morons???

its the Mercedes.

Surely Mercedes Co must be embarrassed having these cretins driving .

maybe an IQ test should be done before purchase

Edited by Marley01

not hiso at all. reckon some dealer/doorman type. that farang being ordered about looked off his tits. i also think that cars not his, wouldn't surprise me if that's his birds car and dog, doesn't seem like the dog lover type to me! 

** horrible xxxxxxx bully

Edited by Happy enough

Just after kicking the crap out of the guy on the ground he seems to warn someone off camera to stay away, Then he pulls something from his pocket briefly before replacing it. What do others think the object is?

I think if they wanted to find this guy it would be very easy. I'm guessing the guard will be paid off and the matter will disappear.

.222.JPG

Read new story  

“I wanted to say sorry for what I had done. I am ready to pay for damages. I admitted that I started the fight first. He smacked me after I pulled his collar as he might have wanted to protect himself. I wanted to talk at the police station because at that time was early morning and I also have a dog with me,” Mr Chana explained.

“I pulled out a BB gun just to threaten him because there were many security guards there. I admit that I lost my patience because I had worked long hours and not had enough sleep.

“I also had been drinking, so I lost control of temper,” Mr Chana admitted.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/patong-bar-owner-faces-charges-for-striking-security-guard-65584.php#oqKXJzyiIrOkIALY.99

16 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

Yeah but how can the headline say the "Hunt on for hi-so" and then state "no report of police action"??? 

'No mention has been made of police action' does not mean there is/has been no police action.

2 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

What an utter scumbag.

Phuket is a horrible place, simply because of the locals, and this is typical behaviour from them going on experience.  

Yes, Phuket really is a horrible place, which is why so many expats are happy living here and why so many tourists are coming here.

Corrupt bullies such as this exist all over Thailand. (Remember the granny kickers in Hua Hin),

Despite some downsides, particularly with traffic, Phuket is in the top 20 destinations on the planet for overseas visitors. It also has one of the largest expat populations in Thailand. 

Celebrity visitors flock to Phuket for holidays. In recent years they include:

Beyoncé, Jay Z, Chris Martin, Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Floyd Mayweather, George Foreman, Adam Levine and Maroon five, Usain Bolt, Lindsey Lohan, Kadashians, Aaron Paul, Ronaldo, Leonardo DiCaprio,  Mick Jagger, Kate Moss, Paris Hilton, Harrison Ford, Tyra Banks, Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Henry Winkler, William Shatner, and many others.

Fake Father Fintan Stack, and others of his ilk, won't be even vaguely missed.

Edited by Old Croc

Obviously beer bars are more successful businesses than many believe if the owner can afford a Mercedes Benz convertible! :wink::wink:

“I also had been drinking, so I lost control of temper,” Mr Chana admitted.

So will he be charged with drink-driving?