you cannot communicate with them 

every where you go they are full time on there bloody i pads

walking  on transport even when they come to your house

what a wasted generation  

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are communicating in groups via there tablets/phones. Its just a different way of interacting with one and other.

My farther told me his generation were called a wast of space by his farther when he went to see Cliff Richard. I remember my farther calling my friends drop outs because they had long hair. Its just the way it is, kids now are not a wasted generation they just have different interests.

I wish I could use technology as well as the young. I also wish I had long hair.

I just posted it in another thread.  You are hopelessly out of date.  There are 177 million users primarily in South East Asia that are making money on line with two new free apps.  And there are many more new opportunities on smart phones that the young people are taking advantage of that you don't have a clue about.  

Buddhism and whole "mindfulness" movement promotes "being present in the moment". Addiction to smart whatevers provides a new 2D small screen "reality" an attention deficit disorder population. Walks down the beach: groups, individuals head down over phones. Watched a Russian young woman with large towel over herself so she could look at her phone and avoid sunlight. Why the hell do you come here? Why not stay back home? You're not "here"; you're nowhere

I think of flick The Matrix. Don't need pods to keep people in while mining their energy. Just hand them an IPhone. How far into the future will it be until some wake up and notice the damage this addiction inflicts: lack of social skills, focus, ability to think longer than a thumb flick, etc. The brain has "plastic" qualities, and those brains are being rewired.

3 minutes ago, Emster23 said:

Buddhism and whole "mindfulness" movement promotes "being present in the moment". Addiction to smart whatevers provides a new 2D small screen "reality" an attention deficit disorder population. Walks down the beach: groups, individuals head down over phones. Watched a Russian young woman with large towel over herself so she could look at her phone and avoid sunlight. Why the hell do you come here? Why not stay back home? You're not "here"; you're nowhere

I think of flick The Matrix. Don't need pods to keep people in while mining their energy. Just hand them an IPhone. How far into the future will it be until some wake up and notice the damage this addiction inflicts: lack of social skills, focus, ability to think longer than a thumb flick, etc. The brain has "plastic" qualities, and those brains are being rewired.

Why the hell do you come here why not stay back home.. can also apply to food.. and guess what a lot of expats still eat their food from back home.

People get older its a generation thing.. I don't see a problem with phones at all it just the next step in information technology. So far technology has made our life better it. 

15 hours ago, Lamkyong said:

i see where you are coming from   not sure where you are going

I am also not sure where all this smart phone addiction is leading. I see more and more neglect of work, social responsibilities and duties.

2 hours ago, robblok said:

Why the hell do you come here why not stay back home.. can also apply to food.. and guess what a lot of expats still eat their food from back home.

People get older its a generation thing.. I don't see a problem with phones at all it just the next step in information technology. So far technology has made our life better it. 

Im 65, I have a smart phone. I use it as a tool to do things I need to do. So yes it has made my life better. But seeing my partner, her kids, and others around me spending more and more time on their smart phones becoming more and more withdrawn from me, each other, and neglecting the world around them, their work and their responsibilities is not making my life better or their lives; especially their future lives. Just his week addiction to gaming was officially declared a 'disease' by the World Health Organisation. I believe it will only be a matter of time before social media like 'Facebook' addiction also becomes recognised as a disease. It is designed so that everyone gets an  addictive 'buzz' when someone 'likes' our comment or share, so they become addicted to checking their notifications and compelled to post more and more.

No idea what it has to do with young people, must go into Bangkok  to the Hospital at least 4x a year,  stopped driving in and now use Purple Line and Metro, appear to me that any age group are glued to the smart phones/i-pads 

Just now, ignis said:

No idea what it has to do with young people, must go into Bangkok  to the Hospital at least 4x a year,  stopped driving in and now use Purple Line and Metro, appear to me that any age group are glued to the smart phones/i-pads 

Yes and it is interntional too........the same when travelling to and from the UK and even more so in the UK. It truly is an epidemic.

2 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

Im 65, I have a smart phone. I use it as a tool to do things I need to do. So yes it has made my life better. But seeing my partner, her kids, and others around me spending more and more time on their smart phones becoming more and more withdrawn from me, each other, and neglecting the world around them, their work and their responsibilities is not making my life better or their lives; especially their future lives. Just his week addiction to gaming was officially declared a 'disease' by the World Health Organisation. I believe it will only be a matter of time before social media like 'Facebook' addiction also becomes recognised as a disease. It is designed so that everyone gets an  addictive 'buzz' when someone 'likes' our comment or share, so they become addicted to checking their notifications and compelled to post more and more.

For me the smart phone made life a lot better, but I have always been an early adapter of technology. I was playing with computers when I was 8. I am now 43. 

I don't do facebook but love to read on forums and get other information from the internet when I am in a bus / train or waiting for something. You always got a huge amount of information at the tip of your finger. Waiting is never boring again.

I have a virtual reality device and do play some games once in a while (occulus rift). But i never let it come before work or other stuff. I love how i can use google maps to navigate wherever i go it made my life in Thailand so much easier. Just plug the mobile phone on a cable and have it with a cradle on the dashboard. 

There are so many things you can do with phones so yea I am quite happy. I got a fitness tracker for my exercise, can read up on the latest development about gym exercise or read up on carp fishing.. whatever.

Before you did not have to compete with facebook and the likes you had a captive audience.. now you have to. So don't put all the blame on facebook. Just think how can i interact better with those who have a phone. If I am ignored by people with a phone then I surely am not interesting enough. I either get more interesting or just stop with that person. 

5 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

Yes and it is interntional too........the same when travelling to and from the UK and even more so in the UK. It truly is an epidemic.

Its a great thing to kill time.. what else to do while stuck in a train. In the old days i brought books.. now with a phone i got a library. 

39 minutes ago, connda said:

Just goes to show that most people have a need to be distracted. 

I like reading up on the phone tablet while traveling.. never bored again. Always some news available to me. What else to do when stuck in a train, bus ect. 20 years ago when traveling to Amsterdam each day to work (lost 3,5 hours a day) I took study books or normal books with me. I made use of the time. Now I can do the same with a phone. 

You know you are old when you start complaining about how things are today. 

The millennials are the most self-obsessed people that feel entitled, at least in most western countries. They take selfies 100 times each day and post it. Gain "status" by showing expensive(worthless) stuff they buy, what they do, expensive dinners. 

But as old people: we have to accept that this is normal for them. But it is scary. Most of them are totally brainwashed. Say one wrong word and they clamp down. Remember in the west: middle age men are the root of all evil.

For me, as old the sad thing is that nothing will be fun again in movies/TV/media. Todays CGI crap movies that are shot digital (and digital cameras have default wrong colors = every scene is color "corrected", that is why everything looks fake). I can not enjoy an animated movie presented as "real". But people born after 1995 have never seen a film. For them this is normal.  Same with TV/Movies west "diversity". Each movie/TV show has to have 1 person from each race in the west. Just look at latest Star Wars movie, instead of casting the best persons for the roles (just like work where they hire after diversity instead of best-suited person) Everything is about dividing the people to create conflicts so that the Power can continue the absurd 0.001% owns over 50%. The printing presses prints more money than ever in the west, but it is more important to be a "good" person and fight for the nonsense that does not matter/is not really like diversity. Diversity does not exist in the other 190 countries. Only in the west that is owned by... well you know/can find out if you want. 

15 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

On your last point. Don't you wish a handful of TVF posters would go on a posting holiday for a month or so? Just imagine if other posters with fresh ideas then posted more and newbies who join actually keep posting. Could be a whole new forum!