Medical Marijuana Dispensaries Next Up For Thailand

snoop1130

19 minutes ago, CLW said:

The only thing that makes you addictive is the tobacco smoked together with weed.
Once you consume it pure there might be some light symptoms of withdrawal but nothing serious and it's gone after a week or so

The only thing addictive is the tobacco but stopping might give some withdrawal, so that would be magic causing those symptoms if there simply cant be an addiction as you claim.  LOL

You may care to go off and learn about addiction before making such ludicrous posts.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, yougivemebaby said:

I don’t understand your argument at all. I said. THC=CBD=Cannabinoids. They are all CBD. What’s your point. ? Come on. Get it out so we can understand. You can do it sweet child. 

No, they are all cannabinoids but only one of the many cannabinoids is CBD, otherwise known as cannabidiol.

8 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

OK, so it simply doesn't matter that everything you complain about is far more prevalent in a group of drug users you chose to accept, says a lot.

Bit of an aggressive reply Kieran.

Firstly, I'm not complaining, just attempting to offset the seemingly innocent - if that's the correct word, view about Marijuana.

Secondly, I use & continue to use critical thinking when I form an opinion: looking at all data. Perhaps you should try this?

As for me choosing to 'accept a group & etc' comes across as if you want to put me down: Odd.

I simply do not have time to prove to you & others that it can & does mess up many people. But with some it doesn't.

However, what would your subgroup say...?

Chill out bro..

:laugh:

10 minutes ago, faraday said:

Bit of an aggressive reply Kieran.

Firstly, I'm not complaining, just attempting to offset the seemingly innocent - if that's the correct word, view about Marijuana.

Secondly, I use & continue to use critical thinking when I form an opinion: looking at all data. Perhaps you should try this?

As for me choosing to 'accept a group & etc' comes across as if you want to put me down: Odd.

I simply do not have time to prove to you & others that it can & does mess up many people. But with some it doesn't.

However, what would your subgroup say...?

Chill out bro..

:laugh:

You responded to my reply to another poster, my response to you was below that one, it might make more sense to you.

1 hour ago, noahvail said:

You did not say “THC=CBD=Cannabinoids.” You said, as I quoted above, and quote again now: “THC is a CBD.” It is not. I posted the proof. You do not seem capable of understanding the written word, and I am done with responding to your your trollish comments. 

48 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

No, they are all cannabinoids but only one of the many cannabinoids is CBD, otherwise known as cannabidiol.

You are both saying the same thing. Please google THC then CBD. They are all cannabinoids. You honestly sound really ignorant and I’m trying to stop you from continuing to sound really really stupid. You literally keep repeating exactly what I said. Either you’re trying to troll, are drunk, or really really stupid. I’ve forgotton more science than you know. ??

Tetrahydrocannabinol, abbreviated THC, is one of at least 113 cannabinoids identified in cannabis.

Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of at least 113 active cannabinoids identified in cannabis.

52 minutes ago, yougivemebaby said:

You are both saying the same thing. Please google THC then CBD. They are all cannabinoids. You honestly sound really ignorant and I’m trying to stop you from continuing to sound really really stupid. You literally keep repeating exactly what I said. Either you’re trying to troll, are drunk, or really really stupid. I’ve forgotton more science than you know. ??

Tetrahydrocannabinol, abbreviated THC, is one of at least 113 cannabinoids identified in cannabis.

Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of at least 113 active cannabinoids identified in cannabis.

Yes, as I said they are both Cannabinoids, but that does not make THC a CBD, as you said, and backtracking and calling others stupid will not change your mistake.  You said, "They are all CBD", they are not, CBD as I already explained is the abbreviation of just one cannabinoid.  But never mind, obviously you are not the ignorant one, you are amusingly ironic though!

5 hours ago, yougivemebaby said:

THC Is a CBD. It’s the one with medicinal properties. Gotta do some basic research to know this. 

Cannabinoids are chemicals RELATED to THC. But I believe that many differing strains are now been grown/trialled where THC is being reduced. Hence removing/diminishing the mind altering properties of THC, while retaining the pain relief.

Anyhow, we may have strayed a little from the 'unfounded comments' of some posters. I enjoyed the input.

6 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Duh! He, obviously, was referring to illegal drugs not prescription drugs and he did not suggest that he considered them illegal.

His (steven100) quote was "I'm just saying ....  drugs are illegal,  hence users are scum." And that was an extension of his original quote that "drugs are illegal". If he was not referring to prescription drugs then he should be more precise with his statement.

'Drugs' are a medicine OR other substance which has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body. Thus saying that "drugs are illegal" is very wide ranging.

Over my long lifetime I have been getting 'highs' from the challenges of facing physical danger - I was an 'andrenalin' junkie. A 'drug' introduced into the body via the brain? Not at all illegal.

HTH in understanding why I 'challenged' steven100 over his comment.

No more comment from me about this particular matter. :thumbsup:

12 hours ago, rkidlad said:

I hope this comes really happens. I'm all for marijuana use, whether it be for medical use or recreational. But let me just play devil's advocate for a second. I've got medical certs from doctors before and they've barely even looked at me. Just signed me off and I pay money. Could the same not be done to get a prescription of weed?  I wonder what sorts of protocols they'll have in place to ensure doctors are only prescribing to the people who need it. 

My response to your closing sentence:  'so what?!'

Whether or not people take pot is their choice.  As a comparison, taking a pseudoephedrine pill (to clear sinuses) is up to them. It doesn't bother me whether 1,000 or 2 people take those sorts of pills.  BTW, that anti-histamine (a.k.a Actifed) is illegal in Thailand without a prescription.   Aspirin is also illegal (or at least it can't be found at pharmacies).  Similarly, I don't care whether 2 or a million people do aspirin or pot, with or without prescriptions.  Why should it matter? ....as long as they're not harming anyone or the environment.

On the other hand, it concerns me whether people are allowed to drink alcoholic drinks.  The reason:  car crashes, wife beatings and babies born with alcohol syndrome are more likely - among a population which drinks beer and liquor.  

Alcohol drinkers don't want to acknowledge this, but alcohol is far more harmful than smoking pot.  Indeed, I honestly don't know what sort of harm ensues from pot smokers, unless it's bothersome to see some pot smokers listening to music on headphones, or......

10 hours ago, steven100 said:

Drugs are illegal,  they are scum and a scourge on any society. 

A car driver not stopping at a zebra crossing with pedestrians waiting, ...is illegal. 

Cutting a branch off a teak tree is illegal.

Are people who do such things 'scum and scourge on society' ?

For me personally: I obey laws, but concurrently, I can see many laws as ridiculous and actually causing more harm than they were intended to curb.  

10 hours ago, wombat said:

Hub of Hemp.

Hemp is different than pot, .....but you knew that, didn't you?

10 hours ago, noahvail said:

As a registered substance abuse counselor, I can categorically state that for some people, it is a substance subject to abuse and dependence - commonly called addiction. I say this not only from my experience in treating people, but from the Diagnostic and Statistic Manual (rev 5: https://www.amhc.org/1408-addictions/article/48502-the-diagnostic-criteria-for-substance-use-disorders-addiction

I guess it depends on a person's definition of 'addiction.'  National Geographic magazine had an article on Sugar which stated, unflinchingly, that 'sugar is addictive.'  That broadens the playing field, doesn't it?  Over half the edible items in 7-11 are packed with sugar.  

9 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

My response to your closing sentence:  'so what?!'

Whether or not people take pot is their choice.  As a comparison, taking a pseudoephedrine pill (to clear sinuses) is up to them. It doesn't bother me whether 1,000 or 2 people take those sorts of pills.  BTW, that anti-histamine (a.k.a Actifed) is illegal in Thailand without a prescription.   Aspirin is also illegal (or at least it can't be found at pharmacies).  Similarly, I don't care whether 2 or a million people do aspirin or pot, with or without prescriptions.  Why should it matter? ....as long as they're not harming anyone or the environment.

On the other hand, it concerns me whether people are allowed to drink alcoholic drinks.  The reason:  car crashes, wife beatings and babies born with alcohol syndrome are more likely - among a population which drinks beer and liquor.  

Alcohol drinkers don't want to acknowledge this, but alcohol is far more harmful than smoking pot.  Indeed, I honestly don't know what sort of harm ensues from pot smokers, unless it's bothersome to see some pot smokers listening to music on headphones, or......

A car driver not stopping at a zebra crossing with pedestrians waiting, ...is illegal. 

Cutting a branch off a teak tree is illegal.

Are people who do such things 'scum and scourge on society' ?

For me personally: I obey laws, but concurrently, I can see many laws as ridiculous and actually causing more harm than they were intended to curb.  

Hemp is different than pot, .....but you knew that, didn't you?

I guess it depends on a person's definition of 'addiction.'  National Geographic magazine had an article on Sugar which stated, unflinchingly, that 'sugar is addictive.'  That broadens the playing field, doesn't it?  Over half the edible items in 7-11 are packed with sugar.  

Read all of my post. I don’t care about people using marijuana for medicinal or recreational use. My question was merely how they’d deal with doctors prescribing it to people who didn’t need it for their health: you know, what with Thailand being known as a place where you can bend the rules. 

Ahain, I don’t care about marijuana use and I think they should make it legal. 

3 hours ago, lvr181 said:

His (steven100) quote was "I'm just saying ....  drugs are illegal,  hence users are scum." And that was an extension of his original quote that "drugs are illegal". If he was not referring to prescription drugs then he should be more precise with his statement.

'Drugs' are a medicine OR other substance which has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body. Thus saying that "drugs are illegal" is very wide ranging.

Over my long lifetime I have been getting 'highs' from the challenges of facing physical danger - I was an 'andrenalin' junkie. A 'drug' introduced into the body via the brain? Not at all illegal.

HTH in understanding why I 'challenged' steven100 over his comment.

No more comment from me about this particular matter. 

As this thread is about an illegal (in Thailand) drug, anyone who claims that he could have been referring to prescription drugs is either being deliberately obtuse or their powers of comprehension leave a lot to be desired.

"Drugs' are a medicine OR other substance which has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body".

Congratulations on knowing how to refer to Wikipedia!  What's the point of plagiarism?

You really need to brush up on the physiological effects of adrenaline; "highs" are not among them and it is not a "drug" when "introduced into the body" by the brain.

I'm afraid I'm not as cool as you when it comes to the use of trendy initials so your last-but-one sentence means nothing to me. HTH?

The only thing addictive is the tobacco but stopping might give some withdrawal, so that would be magic causing those symptoms if there simply cant be an addiction as you claim.  LOL
You may care to go off and learn about addiction before making such ludicrous posts.
What is your problem?

9 hours ago, Just Weird said:

As this thread is about an illegal (in Thailand) drug, anyone who claims that he could have been referring to prescription drugs is either being deliberately obtuse or their powers of comprehension leave a lot to be desired.

"Drugs' are a medicine OR other substance which has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body".

Congratulations on knowing how to refer to Wikipedia!  What's the point of plagiarism?

You really need to brush up on the physiological effects of adrenaline; "highs" are not among them and it is not a "drug" when "introduced into the body" by the brain.

I'm afraid I'm not as cool as you when it comes to the use of trendy initials so your last-but-one sentence means nothing to me. HTH?

Ok - last comments.

1). What is your problem in my quoting Wikipedia in defining what is a drug (for the uninitiated)? Rhetorical question  (I am not interested in your banal comments). 

2). Your ignorance of a common acronym seems to lead to your lesser understanding of what has been said. HTH = Hope that Helps.

Now I take my leave, will chill out and enjoy a beer, I wish you a good day and laa gawn. Of course you will (wish) to respond but it will not be of interest to me, perhaps only of interest for yourself and other readers. :smile:

57 minutes ago, CLW said:
18 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

What is your problem?

You think everyone who corrects someones nonsense posts must have a problem?  Perhaps it is you with the problem, darling.

You think everyone who corrects someones nonsense posts must have a problem?  Perhaps it is you with the problem, darling.
What nonsense post are you referring to? Can you read and understand English properly?

Just now, CLW said:
11 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

What nonsense post are you referring to? Can you read and understand English properly?

Yes thanks, I read quite well.  You claimed in the same sentence that the only thing addictive is the tobacco before going on to claim the there may be some withdrawal symptoms, a clear contradiction and therefor a nonsense post.  Got it now?

Yes thanks, I read quite well.  You claimed in the same sentence that the only thing addictive is the tobacco before going on to claim the there may be some withdrawal symptoms, a clear contradiction and therefor a nonsense post.  Got it now?
Please search for physiological and psychological addiction and you know what I mean. Tobacco is the first one while Pot is the latter.

16 minutes ago, CLW said:
25 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Please search for physiological and psychological addiction and you know what I mean. Tobacco is the first one while Pot is the latter.

When taken in regular large doses, cannabis results in the brains own endocannabinoid neurotransmitters reducing in production and reducing in sensitivity, these are physical changes that render the user addicted in order to stimulate these neurotransmitters.

"Cannabis Use Disorder is a condition characterized by the harmful consequences of repeated cannabis use, a pattern of compulsive cannabis use, and (sometimes) physiological dependence on cannabis (i.e., tolerance and/or symptoms of withdrawal). "

http://www.mentalhealth.com/home/dx/cannabisdependence.html

When taken in regular large doses, cannabis results in the brains own endocannabinoid neurotransmitters reducing in production and reducing in sensitivity, these are physical changes that render the user addicted in order to stimulate these neurotransmitters.

"Cannabis Use Disorder is a condition characterized by the harmful consequences of repeated cannabis use, a pattern of compulsive cannabis use, and (sometimes) physiological dependence on cannabis (i.e., tolerance and/or symptoms of withdrawal). "
http://www.mentalhealth.com/home/dx/cannabisdependence.html
Nice page you quoted.
Did you read all up to the end?
Chapter with the charts and UK statistics about addiction and harm of cannabis is quite interesting... [emoji41]

Think about this next time if you have a drink (or smoke a joint).

Well, smoking is so old fashioned.
I recommend you using a Vaporizer.

1 hour ago, CLW said:

Nice page you quoted.
Did you read all up to the end?
Chapter with the charts and UK statistics about addiction and harm of cannabis is quite interesting... emoji41.png

Think about this next time if you have a drink (or smoke a joint).

Well, smoking is so old fashioned.
I recommend you using a Vaporizer.

OK, I would recommend a think about how huffing butane is less harmful next time you're smoking weed.

OK, I would recommend a think about how huffing butane is less harmful next time you're smoking weed.
Okay, last reply.
Your answer shows me that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
I don't waste my time with ignorant people.
Have a nice day!

Just now, CLW said:

Okay, last reply.
Your answer shows me that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
I don't waste my time with ignorant people.
Have a nice day!

You asked if I read that chapter, did you not?  LOL you really are an ironic soul, best of luck to you!

On 1/18/2018 at 9:15 AM, boomerangutang said:

Thailand's self-appointed generals turned politicians were leaning slightly towards reason (re; pot laws), but..... they went flaccid.

I suspect US's DEA heard about little Thailand thinking for itself, and rushed in to set the Thai generals/politicians straight.   Thailand follows DEA dictates, in no small part because the DEA shovels lots of money and favors at pliable countries which echo archaic US federal laws.  The same laws which maintain hemp as a dangerous drug (which any knowledgeable person knows is hogwash).

nonsense.

9 hours ago, lvr181 said:

Ok - last comments.

1). What is your problem in my quoting Wikipedia in defining what is a drug (for the uninitiated)? Rhetorical question  (I am not interested in your banal comments). 

2). Your ignorance of a common acronym seems to lead to your lesser understanding of what has been said. HTH = Hope that Helps.

The problem is that you loftily addressed your comment to me when I did not need an explanation of what a drug is as I certainly am not  "uninitiated".  If you think that my comments are banal then you clearly need another trip to Wikipedia, or to a dictionary to get, to use your vernacular, "initiated".

Do you really think that my self-confessed ignorance (because I'm no longer a teenager) of the daft meaning of a set of capital letters that I've never seen before (it's not an acronym unless you can tell me how to pronounce "HTH") means that I can't understand the thread?  All it means is that I can't understand the patronizing, unintelligible sentence that was rendered unintelligible by virtue of that fact that you included "HTH" in it.

5 minutes ago, steven100 said:

while I agree with you on the cell phone users are a big problem,  your chainsaw comment has nothing to do with driving a car affected by drugs.

If you are a druggie as you mentioned, that's your choice. 

If you cannot go through life as a normal human being without the assistance of a joint to get your brain high as a kite then that's your problem ....    why do druggies want to go through life like zombies?

if i smoke a joint i'm a druggie?  if you have a beer you are an alchoholic then.   

i go through life as a normal human being thank you not as a troll

Archived