Medical Marijuana Dispensaries Next Up For Thailand

snoop1130

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

never been associated with drug users ....  I don't like them.   Many towns in Australia have fallen victim to the senseless crime spree's and theft and shootings and road deaths all because of drug use.  Just a few days ago 4 people from a family were all killed by a driver who just left a methadone clinic. 

They are scum. 

I don't disagree with what you have just said but that is not the same as saying "Drugs are illegal"!

You seem to be very adept at dodging my original comment. Were you a politician in another life? :cheesy: 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, noahvail said:

Please inform us of the differences between the ingredients of medical vs recreational marijuana. Are the the same differences as between medical and recreational opioids?

You're the 'registered substance abuse counselor' and you don't know?

THC and cannabinoids comes to my mind. Back to re-education or are you just trying me on? :thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

I don't disagree with what you have just said but that is not the same as saying "Drugs are illegal"!

You seem to be very adept at dodging my original comment. Were you a politician in another life? :cheesy: 

I'm just saying ....  drugs are illegal,  hence users are scum.  Going to a doctor and getting some pills to fix a cold or antibiotics or whatever is not illegal. 

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

I'm just saying ....  drugs are illegal,  hence users are scum.  Going to a doctor and getting some pills to fix a cold or antibiotics or whatever is not illegal. 

I don't know what you're on but do have a nice day.

Goodbye

Laa gawn

Sayonara - et al

40 minutes ago, faraday said:

And you are grossly uneducated about substance abuse.

So, shall we stop trading insults?

Far better, I think

Please stop watching propaganda... I smoked weed daily from the age of 15-21. Then I stopped over night to pursue my military career. Not once did I feel like I needed to smoke weed. Instead, when I felt stressed or overworked, I drank those Bob Marley Mellow Mood drinks which are sold at 7-11 and they did their job.

After I left the military, I smoked weed again for another 5 years. I’ve stopped since coming to Thailand though as it’s very low quality here and still illegal. 

I’m married with kids, have my own business, and probably in better financial condition than most expats in Thailand my age.

So, you wanna chat more about marijuana’s non-addictive effects? Or perhaps we can talk about how many people use it to treat real addictions, mental health problems, and physical pain. 

It‘s just a matter of time.
Time for big Thai tobacco to get ahead of this.
Time for the big players to get in line for envelopes

I love the term "agricultural entrepreneurs"

I am hoping for some nice weed coffee houses

But, will I be able to smoke it on the beach?

Last year I downloaded the manuscript of the European Hemp Conference and made a search of the term "Thailand" actually to see if there are any organisations or universities involved.
Only result was the Thai Tobacco monopoly that sent two delegates.
Trust me, the have setup everything already behind the curtains to get their share when it comes to some kind of legalisation.

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

Drugs are illegal,  they are scum and a scourge on any society. 

Depends on what you call a drug. Sex is like a drug, so are you saying every man needs to be talleywhacker hand stroker?

Drugs are not illegal if they are prescribed, and even ibuprofen is a drug. 

I love to drink when get the chance, but that right there is the most dangerous legal drug of all. Well that and speed.

1 hour ago, lvr181 said:

Duh! I guess you have been lucky (or a liar) in life and have never consulted a properly qualified Doctor of medicine, for any illness or injury suffered? :whistling:

And would refuse the medications offered because in your tiny little mind they are illegal!!

Duh! He, obviously, was referring to illegal drugs not prescription drugs and he did not suggest that he considered them illegal.

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

Drugs are illegal,  they are scum and a scourge on any society. 

A scourge = a person who causes great trouble or suffering

Please inform us of the great trouble or suffering caused by this particular drug, and please, not drugs in general, unless you want to include the biggest harm and trouble cause of all, alcohol, within your scum category.  

45 minutes ago, lust said:

Please stop watching propaganda... I smoked weed daily from the age of 15-21. Then I stopped over night to pursue my military career. Not once did I feel like I needed to smoke weed. Instead, when I felt stressed or overworked, I drank those Bob Marley Mellow Mood drinks which are sold at 7-11 and they did their job.

After I left the military, I smoked weed again for another 5 years. I’ve stopped since coming to Thailand though as it’s very low quality here and still illegal. 

I’m married with kids, have my own business, and probably in better financial condition than most expats in Thailand my age.

So, you wanna chat more about marijuana’s non-addictive effects? Or perhaps we can talk about how many people use it to treat real addictions, mental health problems, and physical pain. 

Your anecdotal evidence does not outweigh the overwhelming amount of evidence to the contrary, obviously, it may surprise you but different people react differently.  I suggest you do some basic research before embarrassing yourself further.

6 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Your anecdotal evidence does not outweigh the overwhelming amount of evidence to the contrary, obviously, it may surprise you but different people react differently.  I suggest you do some basic research before embarrassing yourself further.

Show us the contrary evidence, lol.

3 minutes ago, lust said:

Show us the contrary evidence, lol.

There is no shortage, unlike evidence to suggest that no one suffers withdrawal, of which there is none.  LOL

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5414724/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4437205/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6091465

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4015312/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4176951/

Guest Jerry787
3 hours ago, faraday said:

Didn't say it was...

However, Marijuana withdrawal syndrome is well documented, & many people need help in stopping.

bunch of craps, show us which study or scientific research proves that is "withdrawal syndrome" in which mickey mouse cartoon you read it ?

ops it was the priest paid by bayer and glaxo who told you on sunday mass that ganja is addictive ? 

2 hours ago, lvr181 said:

I understand what you're saying but the U.S.A. is NOT the world (despite what Donald T Rump says). :thumbsup:

And yes I know that CBD is higher in medicinal Marijuna and by association, therefore, THC is lower.

THC Is a CBD. It’s the one with medicinal properties. Gotta do some basic research to know this. 

3 minutes ago, yougivemebaby said:

THC Is a CBD. It’s the one with medicinal properties. Gotta do some basic research to know this. 

THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) and CBD ( cannabidiol) are both cannabinoids. To quote:  

Cannabidiol (CBD) and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) are the two most prominent cannabinoids found in Cannabis, the plant genus that includes both hemp and marijuana. While there are over 100 different cannabinoids so far identified in cannabis by scientists, CBD and THC are by far the most extensively studied and best understood.

There, I did your basic research for you.

1 hour ago, Kieran00001 said:

A methadone addict killed people in a car crash, OK.  Now try to make a list of the people who the drinking scum have killed in car crashes recently.

I was waiting for that one ......      doesn't matter ,  drug users are no good.  I will sit and have beers with sensible people but you see drug users who are sleepy,  off their faces, hilucinate and many other stupid things, generally they are considered low lifes in society.  I know why.

1 hour ago, Kieran00001 said:

The first line of the Conclusions in the first study you quoted says:

Conclusion

The CWS is a criterion of CUDs (DSM-5) and cannabis dependence (DSM-IV-R, ICD-10). Several lines of evidence from human studies indicate that cessation from long-term and regular cannabis use precipitates a specific withdrawal syndrome with mainly mood and behavioral symptoms of light to moderate intensity, which can usually be treated in an outpatient setting

3 minutes ago, HLover said:

I'm not an advocate but this thread is pushing me to smoke.

53 minutes ago, noahvail said:

THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) and CBD ( cannabidiol) are both cannabinoids. To quote:  

Cannabidiol (CBD) and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) are the two most prominent cannabinoids found in Cannabis, the plant genus that includes both hemp and marijuana. While there are over 100 different cannabinoids so far identified in cannabis by scientists, CBD and THC are by far the most extensively studied and best understood.

I already knew that CBD (aka cannabinoids) And THC (aka cannabinoids) are the same thing. There are over 113 cannabinoids in cannabis. THC is the best one. :) 

3 minutes ago, HLover said:

I'm not an advocate but this thread is pushing me to smoke.

53 minutes ago, noahvail said:

I already knew that CBD (aka cannabinoids) And THC (aka cannabinoids) are the same thing. There are over 113 cannabinoids in cannabis. THC is the best one. :) 

8 minutes ago, yougivemebaby said:

You said “THC is a CBD” then invited us to do research. THC and CBD are both cannabinoids, just like Ripple and Chareaux Lafite Rothschild Bordeaux are both wines. To say one is the other shows your lack of knowledge...then trying to pawn it off as though you said something else is....Trump-like. Done.

“Doctors in our country are still divided into two opinions,” he said. “Some fear that if we legalize it for recreational use, children may use it, and it may impact their brain development.”

Alcohol is highly illegal for children in Thailand. Do some still use it ? Probably yes. 

Ganja is illegal for everyone to use. Do children still use it ? Probably, yes. 

Does this mean we should make both alcohol and ganja illegal ? Technically -by the doctors account- yes. 

Increase punishments for illegal drug dealers-doctors can now relax. Selling alcohol or any drugs  to children is a scummy move. I know any advocate for decriminalizing cannabis would agree. 

3 minutes ago, noahvail said:

You said “THC is a CBD” then invited us to do research. THC and CBD are both cannabinoids, just like Ripple and Chareaux Lafite Rothschild Bordeaux are both wines. To say one is the other shows your lack of knowledge...then trying to pawn it off as though you said something else is....Trump-like. Done.

I don’t understand your argument at all. I said. THC=CBD=Cannabinoids. They are all CBD. What’s your point. ? Come on. Get it out so we can understand. You can do it sweet child. 

2 minutes ago, yougivemebaby said:

I don’t understand your argument at all. I said. THC=CBD=Cannabinoids. They are all CBD. What’s your point. ? Come on. Get it out so we can understand. You can do it sweet child. 

You did not say “THC=CBD=Cannabinoids.” You said, as I quoted above, and quote again now: “THC is a CBD.” It is not. I posted the proof. You do not seem capable of understanding the written word, and I am done with responding to your your trollish comments. 

I hope this comes really happens. I'm all for marijuana use, whether it be for medical use or recreational. But let me just play devil's advocate for a second. I've got medical certs from doctors before and they've barely even looked at me. Just signed me off and I pay money. Could the same not be done to get a prescription of weed? 

I wonder what sorts of protocols they'll have in place to ensure doctors are only prescribing to the people who need it. 
I don't think you get it as a thai Buddha stick.

Conclusion
The CWS is a criterion of CUDs (DSM-5) and cannabis dependence (DSM-IV-R, ICD-10). Several lines of evidence from human studies indicate that cessation from long-term and regular cannabis use precipitates a specific withdrawal syndrome with mainly mood and behavioral symptoms of light to moderate intensity, which can usually be treated in an outpatient setting
The only thing that makes you addictive is the tobacco smoked together with weed.
Once you consume it pure there might be some light symptoms of withdrawal but nothing serious and it's gone after a week or so

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

I was waiting for that one ......      doesn't matter ,  drug users are no good.  I will sit and have beers with sensible people but you see drug users who are sleepy,  off their faces, hilucinate and many other stupid things, generally they are considered low lifes in society.  I know why.

OK, so it simply doesn't matter that everything you complain about is far more prevalent in a group of drug users you chose to accept, says a lot.

1 hour ago, faraday said:

Conclusion

Yes, and?  The conclusion is that there are withdrawal symptoms, did you manage to understand that?

Archived