Keeping 800,000thb in Thailand.......

10 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

I always go in the afternoon, never on a Monday or Friday, many times I have been in got my number from the front desk and my number is being called as I walk into the main office, and that is Pattaya, which is a pretty busy office. 

Each of us value time differently

5 minutes ago, JAZZDOG said:

Don't worry mate, homeboy makes the rounds pissing everyone off. Too much time on his hands and it is the only thing he does well. Kinda guy that fills his day changing light bulbs and waiting in line at immigration, lol.

5 minutes ago, JAZZDOG said:

Don't worry mate, homeboy makes the rounds pissing everyone off. Too much time on his hands and it is the only thing he does well. Kinda guy that fills his day changing light bulbs and waiting in line at immigration, lol.

Thanks mate but the just comment wound me up when I just punch a clock everyday and save what I earn. However I guess there are plenty of story tellers on TV all the same. I will be glad when I get to retire and tell stories LOL. Have a good one and I will keep punching that clock while it makes sense.

10 minutes ago, JAZZDOG said:

Says the man who pays a bird 500 Baht to do his "FREE" 90 day reporting cos it's stressful :cheesy:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Fair enough mate, we have all worked our butts off to get what we want out of this life, me included, it ain't always been easy what with 2 divorces and some kids under my belt along the way, but things have eventually worked out to be real cool, got a nice place, rented, got a great girl looking after me for the last 8 years, so yeah life is good, I hope you get to relax and enjoy the whole thing. :smile:

With regard to my comment about the bank book, relax, chill, you know what this site is like, plenty of Walter Mitty's on here, I have never met so many millionaires and ex SEAL Team 6, SAS, SBS, MOSSAD agents in my life as I have here, so hopefully you will excuse my cynicism :biggrin: 

No dramas, I'm just doing what I can for me and my wife's future and that means saving like a crazy man while I can. Just don't want to struggle when I do retire. Take it easy.

On 1/22/2018 at 7:19 PM, Boon Mee said:

The Absolute best way to secure that Retirement Extension is to deposit that money into an account and forget about it. 

Consider it emergency funds. 

A defensible position.  But it has consequences if a US citizen.  You would now be required by law to report the monies since it is greater than $10,000 in a foreign account.  Not a big deal, but undesirable to many.  And the return on the money is like zero.  800,000 baht is about $25,000 USD.  I easily get 5 % on my monies.  So $25,000 would yield $1,250 a year income.  I like the safety of keeping money in my home country.  Of course one should have some emergency monies in Thailand, and keeping something like $8,000 or $9,000 should cover most anything.  If you need more than that, than you got troubles and would probably need to access your home country things anyway.  I prefer the income method for retirement.  There are so many ways money can be tied up in Thai institution or you have to leave in a hurry for various reasons

• Like 1